Thread: Cinnulin PF

VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Cinnulin PF

Does anyone have any information or experiencewith Cinnulin PF? Ran into a diabetic friend who says it could be something really useful for treating diabetics and helping the body produce insulin.

Thanks

Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by VegasLife
    Does anyone have any information or experiencewith Cinnulin PF? Ran into a diabetic friend who says it could be something really useful for treating diabetics and helping the body produce insulin.

Thanks

Its called inulin, you can look it up on the medline, it has a whole host of studies on it, with varying success. In the real world its not really helped a lot compared to other forms of treatment currently being employed.

One review study says (Kaur, Gupta, 2002) and I quote :

"Experimental studies have shown their use as bifidogenic agents, stimulating the immune system of the body, decreasing the pathogenic bacteria in the intestine, relieving constipation, decreasing the risk of osteoporosis by increasing mineral absorption, especially of calcium, reducing the risk of atherosclerosis by lowering the synthesis of triglycerides and fatty acids in the liver and decreasing their level in serum. These fructans modulate the hormonal level of insulin and glucagon, thereby regulating carbohydrate and lipid metabolism by lowering the blood glucose levels; they are also effective in lowering the blood urea and uric acid levels, thereby maintaining the nitrogen balance. Inulin and oligofructose also reduce the incidence of colon cancer."

And apparently it has no effect on insulin sensitivity either, making it useful for diabetics, in theory.

VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks for taking the time to respond BC.

I'll do some more research and perhaps take a shot at a product with it.

32stilllifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cinnulin PF

Don't listen to that knucklehead. Its called Cinnulin PF...and extract from Cinnamon. http://www.cinnulin.com/

USDA RESEARCH SCIENTIST RICHARD A. ANDERSON, PhD, CNS, FACN, has studied cinnamon for nearly 20 years and discovered that cinnamon both imitates and potentiates insulin. His research is integral to the USDA Creative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA) with Integrity Nutraceuticals International to further study the extract of cinnamon.

PATENTED WATER EXTRACT (US PATENT #6,200,569) — NANCY CHENG, MD, PhD, formerly a Visiting Research Scientist at the USDA, developed a water extraction method for cinnamon. Using this process she has formulated the #1 selling diabetic product in China. Dr. Cheng has joined in a strategic partnership with Integrity Nutraceuticals International to market her water extract of cinnamon.

http://www.cinnulin.com/scientific.html

Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 32stilllifting
    Don't listen to that knucklehead. Its called Cinnulin PF...and extract from Cinnamon. http://www.cinnulin.com/

USDA RESEARCH SCIENTIST RICHARD A. ANDERSON, PhD, CNS, FACN, has studied cinnamon for nearly 20 years and discovered that cinnamon both imitates and potentiates insulin. His research is integral to the USDA Creative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA) with Integrity Nutraceuticals International to further study the extract of cinnamon.

PATENTED WATER EXTRACT (US PATENT #6,200,569) — NANCY CHENG, MD, PhD, formerly a Visiting Research Scientist at the USDA, developed a water extraction method for cinnamon. Using this process she has formulated the #1 selling diabetic product in China. Dr. Cheng has joined in a strategic partnership with Integrity Nutraceuticals International to market her water extract of cinnamon.

First, lets get the business out of the way, you are lucky you were only talking to me and I'm a tolerant man, but if you ever talk like that to anyone again, you WILL be banned. Are we clear ?

I made a search for cinnulin on the medline and came up with the fact that cinnulin is another name for inulin, hence the post. I'm guessing whatever bonehead came up with the name cinnulin PF will no doubt have serious trouble getting the message across that its not inulin, especially if he makes no reference to the actual substance in it.

In light of what you posted I went back and checked for the actual, objective, data on cinnamon extracts and insulin sensitivity. So far an insulinomimetic effect has been demonstrated. Both in vitro in adipocytes and in vivo, in rats. So if you are a diabetic rat, it will no doubt work for you. If you are not, then I should probably caution that there are numerous other extracts that have been demonstrated to have an effect on diabetic rats, but not in diabetic humans and for the majority of them they simply do not work in non-diabetic humans, case in point being ALA. If indeed it does work in vivo in humans, then the reference in culture is not a good one, since it was tested in adipocytes. Increased insulin action in adipocytes leads to greater adipogenisis.

So I guess it depends on what the original poster was referring too. If he is indeed diabetic, there is good indicator this may be a potentially useful supplement, but no way of really telling until actual human studies are conducted, and then it remains to be seen if we quantifie the effect in order to compare it both effect and price wise to the multitude of other extracts with a similar effect. If the user is non-diabetic, I'd say chances are very, very slim this is something you would want to waste your money on.

Yeah, I'm looking at it as diabetic who wants to come off his meds, not as a non-diabetic looking for the next big thing. I'm still learning alot about supplementing to help my body work with diabetes.

Big Cat, for a second I thought you were talking to me. I was frantically trying to think if I might have mistyped something. Phew!

No you are wrong about Cinnulin & Inulin

Inulin is a prebiotic fiber.

Cinnulin is a patent pending cinnamon extract.

Have me banned for what? You have no idea what you are talking about.

Just because you do a pubmed search, now you think you know it all.

Get a grip BIGCAT...You need to relax. 5HTP...Maybe a little banned Tryptophan...How about some ******.

Cinnulin looks like it will fall in line with ALA, Vanadium, Fenugreek, Chromium...for the diabetic population.

Originally Posted by Big Cat
    First, lets get the business out of the way, you are lucky you were only talking to me and I'm a tolerant man, but if you ever talk like that to anyone again, you WILL be banned. Are we clear ?

I made a search for cinnulin on the medline and came up with the fact that cinnulin is another name for inulin, hence the post. I'm guessing whatever bonehead came up with the name cinnulin PF will no doubt have serious trouble getting the message across that its not inulin, especially if he makes no reference to the actual substance in it.

In light of what you posted I went back and checked for the actual, objective, data on cinnamon extracts and insulin sensitivity. So far an insulinomimetic effect has been demonstrated. Both in vitro in adipocytes and in vivo, in rats. So if you are a diabetic rat, it will no doubt work for you. If you are not, then I should probably caution that there are numerous other extracts that have been demonstrated to have an effect on diabetic rats, but not in diabetic humans and for the majority of them they simply do not work in non-diabetic humans, case in point being ALA. If indeed it does work in vivo in humans, then the reference in culture is not a good one, since it was tested in adipocytes. Increased insulin action in adipocytes leads to greater adipogenisis.

So I guess it depends on what the original poster was referring too. If he is indeed diabetic, there is good indicator this may be a potentially useful supplement, but no way of really telling until actual human studies are conducted, and then it remains to be seen if we quantifie the effect in order to compare it both effect and price wise to the multitude of other extracts with a similar effect. If the user is non-diabetic, I'd say chances are very, very slim this is something you would want to waste your money on.

You really are the Big Cat

You really are the Big Cat...Didn't know you worked here...My Bad

Originally Posted by VegasLife
    Yeah, I'm looking at it as diabetic who wants to come off his meds, not as a non-diabetic looking for the next big thing. I'm still learning alot about supplementing to help my body work with diabetes.
    I hope this is not a decision you are making on your own but in conjunction with your monitoring physician. In which case he will no doubt tell you the same thing, either to give it a try low dose concurrently with your current therapy to see if you get any additional benefit, or to hold out until there is a sufficiently large root of science to support it as an alternative. Until such time you should not in any way decide by yourself to just switch to this.

But with the eye on the future, and if you have the money to spare, it can't help to try several things and see if they have an additional benefit. Especially if you monitor your own glucose levels.

Originally Posted by 32stilllifting
    You really are the Big Cat...Didn't know you worked here...My Bad
    That doesn't excuse your tone, this is the last time I'm warning you about this. In fact its even less of an excuse, as a moderator, I have to have a thick skin. I'd hate to think your treated other members even worse. This is an open community, and if you feel you need to correct something, then please do, mistakes are made aplenty and your opinion is always valued. If it is correct, its and addition, if incorrect someone will come along and correct you in turn.

As I said, its a very honest mistake, often several names are used for a product and cinnulin popped up as an alternate for inulin, with no reference to cinnamon extracts. I'm a scientist, I try to stay on top of things to help out a little, but you can't realistically expect me to know every product by its commercial name, especially when it concerns obscure and unproven treatments, to which the info is only available on their own private websites. This is a product of which they haven't even identified the active ingredient.

I'll challenge you anytime

That doesn't excuse your tone, this is the last time I'm warning you about this. In fact its even less of an excuse, as a moderator, I have to have a thick skin. I'd hate to think your treated other members even worse. This is an open community, and if you feel you need to correct something, then please do, mistakes are made aplenty and your opinion is always valued. If it is correct, its and addition, if incorrect someone will come along and correct you in turn.

As I said, its a very honest mistake, often several names are used for a product and cinnulin popped up as an alternate for inulin, with no reference to cinnamon extracts. I'm a scientist, I try to stay on top of things to help out a little, but you can't realistically expect me to know every product by its commercial name, especially when it concerns obscure and unproven treatments, to which the info is only available on their own private websites. This is a product of which they haven't even identified the active ingredient.
    Grow up! I apologize and you still have an attitude. You need to do a bit more research before you answer.

What Up?
    What Up?

ugh, you don't get this concept of conduct do you ? Here's ten days to cool you off, give you some time to reflect on it.

brugmansia88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cinnulin PF (not inulin)

Originally Posted by VegasLife View Post

Thanks
    Whew... some people get really hot under the collar rather easily. But here are FACTS: it is called Cinnulin PF. Any time you are curious about something, go to Google Scholar and you will find actual studies regarding what you are looking for. That way you can find facts, rather than someone's opinion. It actually does work..... and you can find further studies and decide for yourself.
    So here is part of an actual study in Cinnulin PF (the study was not part of a company trying to sell this):
    ABSTRACT
    Purpose: The purpose of this study was to determine the effects of supplementation with a water-soluble
    cinnamon extract (Cinnulin PF®) on body composition and features of the metabolic syndrome. Methods:
    Twenty-two subjects with prediabetes and the metabolic syndrome (mean ± SD: age, BMI, systolic blood
    pressure [SBP], fasting blood glucose [FBG]: 46.0 ± 9.7 y; 33.2 ± 9.3 kg/m 2 ; 133 ± 17 mm Hg; 114.3 ± 11.6
    mg/dL) were randomly assigned to supplement their diet with either Cinnulin PF® (500 mg/d) or a placebo for
    12-weeks. Main outcome measures were changes in FBG, SBP, and body composition measured after 12-weeks of supplementation. The primary statistical analyses consisted of two factor (group x time), repeated-measures ANOVA for between group differences over time. In all analyses, an intent-to-treat approach was used and significance was accepted at P<0.05. Results: Subjects in the Cinnulin PF® group had significant decreases in FBG (-8.4%: 116.3 ± 12.8 mg/dL [pre] to 106.5 ± 20.1 mg/dL [post], p<0.01), SBP (-3.8%: 133 ± 14 mm Hg [pre] to 128 ± 18 mm Hg [post], p<0.001), and increases in lean mass (+1.1%: 53.7 ± 11.8 kg [pre] to 54.3 ± 11.8 kg [post], p<0.002) compared with the placebo group. Additionally, within-group analyses uncovered small, but statistically significant decreases in body fat (-0.7%: 37.9 ± 9.2 % [pre] to 37.2 ± 8.9 % [post], p<0.02) in the Cinnulin PF® group. No significant changes in clinical blood chemistries were observed between groups over time. Conclusions: These data support the efficacy of Cinnulin PF® supplementation on reducing FBG and SBP, and improving body composition in men and women with the metabolic syndrome and suggest that this naturally-occurring spice can reduce risk factors associated with diabetes and cardiovascular disease.

VDubb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VDubb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VDubb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VDubb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VDubb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VDubb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VDubb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VDubb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VDubb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VDubb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) VDubb is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In on 7 year old thread bump....lol....

Animalwannabe is just really nice. (+1000) Animalwannabe is just really nice. (+1000) Animalwannabe is just really nice. (+1000) Animalwannabe is just really nice. (+1000) Animalwannabe is just really nice. (+1000) Animalwannabe is just really nice. (+1000) Animalwannabe is just really nice. (+1000) Animalwannabe is just really nice. (+1000) Animalwannabe is just really nice. (+1000) Animalwannabe is just really nice. (+1000) Animalwannabe is just really nice. (+1000)
    in lol @ ******* old school mod abusing his powers 7 years ago
    Respect Demands itself, it cannot be given, nor withheld when it is due.

Super Saiyan Crew
    Cried while watching 50/50 crew
    +Optimism Crew+

SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 32stilllifting View Post

Props for using the word Knucklehead. Reminds me of Frank Caliendo when he did his charles barkley impression.
    "Come on Kenny, you knucklehead"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKTb5Nfyh1o
    No Excuses just results

Muscle Gauge Nutrition Rep