LeBrunFitness is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LeBrunFitness is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LeBrunFitness is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LeBrunFitness is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LeBrunFitness is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LeBrunFitness is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LeBrunFitness is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LeBrunFitness is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LeBrunFitness is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LeBrunFitness is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LeBrunFitness is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

The Best Time To Take Your Supplements

The Best Time To Take Supplements
    by Shawn Lebrun
    www.shawnlebrunfitness.com

Out of the hundreds of emails I get each week, more than half are from people who are interested in knowing which supplements to take or what the best way is to take the supplements they're currently using.

So this article will show you when to take some of the top supplements and how to get the most out of them.

Creatine, glutamine, and protein are 3 of the top supplements for gaining lean muscle and strength.

But what are the best times to take these proven supplements?

Here's what I've found personally works best for me as well as tracking clients progress using these 3 supplements (which, by the way, are about the only 3 I recommend to clients, other than protein/meal replacements, EFA's and a good multi-vitamin).

There's a lot of conflicting research that shows creatine and glutamine may compete directly with one another for cell transport and absorption.

That's because both creatine and glutamine use the same transport method (sodium) to be absorbed by the body, so there's a chance that one will get absorbed more than the other.

Even though there are different theories as to whether this is true or not, here's my thought:

By-pass the entire problem by just splitting up the timing a little bit.

Here are the best times to take these 3 proven supplements:

--------
    Creatine
    --------

Best taken 1/2 hour or so BEFORE a workout and again RIGHT after a workout.

What I do is take a creatine/juice/protein drink about a half hour before a workout and than another shake right after.

This "bracketing" technique helps set up an anabolic (muscle-building) state for your muscles and helps prevent muscle breakdown from a workout (catabolism).

Other than these 2 opportune times, you can add another creatine serving or two any time throughout the day.

I usually recommend 25 to 30 grams of creatine on a loading phase and 10-20 grams a day on a maintenance phase.

---------
    Glutamine
    ---------

Definitely take glutamine right before bed.

This is where the overwhelming research shows the value of glutamine raising Growth Hormone levels significantly by taking 5 grams before bed.

Also, another great time is upon waking, when your muscles have been without significant nutrition for up to 6-8 hours.

Another good time for glutamine is about a half hour or hour after working out.

This helps in the recovery/recuperation process from demanding workouts.

So, creatine definitely before and after your workout and glutamine right before bed and right upon waking.

-------
    Protein
    -------

The best times to take ANY protein drink or protein supplements are as follows.

I've listed them in order of importance, so based upon your affordability, start at the top of the list and work down.

1. Most important time---right after a workout.

Your muscles are like a sponge and need instant nutrition for muscle recovery and growth.

2. Right before bed.

You're about to sleep for 6 to 8 hours. That's a long time without protein.

Could you imagine going throughout your day (when awake) not eating 6 to 8 hours?

Right before bed is important.

3. Right upon waking.

Same thing, you've just gone 6 to 8 hours without proper nutrition. Your body needs protein quick.

4. Half hour before a workout.

This sets up the "anabolic window" before your workout and provides your muscles with adequate nutrition so that the effects of weight training
    (weight training breaks down muscle--called catabolic)
    are not as severe.

These are the best times for protein.

It can be regular whole food or protein supplements, again, based on your affordability.

Protein supplements may be better than whole food in these times because its digested quicker.

But start at the top and work down.

If you can afford 4 servings, you'll really notice the difference in muscle gains and fat loss.

I hope this article helped shed some light on when to take the 3 most important supplements for gaining mass and strength:

Protein, creatine, and glutamine.

---------------------------------------

These are just a few of the HUNDREDS
    of muscle-building tips that are in my
    full-length training course "Simple Steps"

http://www.shawnlebrunfitness.com/getshredded.html

Shawn LeBrun
    Personal Trainer
    http://www.shawnlebrunfitness.com/getshredded.html

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII Liqwed's Avatar
    Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100) Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100) Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100) Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100) Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100) Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100) Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100) Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100) Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100) Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100) Liqwed is not very well liked. (-100)
    Thanks...helpful information. Enjoy the Rep points

wannabe-strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wannabe-strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wannabe-strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wannabe-strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wannabe-strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wannabe-strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wannabe-strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wannabe-strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wannabe-strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wannabe-strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wannabe-strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    For the proteins part, can you specify what types to take, I know whey for the morning and PWO, but should the others be casein?

Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kyza will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey awesome! These are EXACTLY the questions I needed answered.

Thanks.

mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i like this article. although it neglects to mention that you shouldn't really take whey before you go to bed.. rather casein or whole food protein just adding on.

2ill4brasil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2ill4brasil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2ill4brasil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2ill4brasil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2ill4brasil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2ill4brasil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2ill4brasil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2ill4brasil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2ill4brasil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2ill4brasil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2ill4brasil has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've always wondered about this, nice article, thanks

henz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

?

Im not sure why you said to do a loading phase with creatine, and than take 10 to 20 grams of creatine a day for the rest of the cycle, im hoping its not because you read the back of a bottle. It is proven over and over again that the most creatine a 200lbs indivindual can absorb in 24 hrs is 5g, i was invloved in one of these studies for msucletech, and anymore than 5 g of creatine you intake you will just lose in you urine...

> no need for a loading phase!!!
    > NO NEED FOR MORE THAN 5 TO 10G OF CREATINE A DAY
    > USE A CARBOHYDRATE SOLUTION TO HELP WITH ABSORPTION

mukund1800 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Need Suggestions?

Originally Posted by LeBrunFitness View Post
    The Best Time To Take Supplements
    by Shawn Lebrun

Out of the hundreds of emails I get each week, more than half are from people who are interested in knowing which supplements to take or what the best way is to take the supplements they're currently using.

So this article will show you when to take some of the top supplements and how to get the most out of them.

Creatine, glutamine, and protein are 3 of the top supplements for gaining lean muscle and strength.

But what are the best times to take these proven supplements?

Here's what I've found personally works best for me as well as tracking clients progress using these 3 supplements (which, by the way, are about the only 3 I recommend to clients, other than protein/meal replacements, EFA's and a good multi-vitamin).

There's a lot of conflicting research that shows creatine and glutamine may compete directly with one another for cell transport and absorption.

That's because both creatine and glutamine use the same transport method (sodium) to be absorbed by the body, so there's a chance that one will get absorbed more than the other.

Even though there are different theories as to whether this is true or not, here's my thought:

By-pass the entire problem by just splitting up the timing a little bit.

Here are the best times to take these 3 proven supplements:

--------
    Creatine
    --------

Best taken 1/2 hour or so BEFORE a workout and again RIGHT after a workout.

What I do is take a creatine/juice/protein drink about a half hour before a workout and than another shake right after.

This "bracketing" technique helps set up an anabolic (muscle-building) state for your muscles and helps prevent muscle breakdown from a workout (catabolism).

Other than these 2 opportune times, you can add another creatine serving or two any time throughout the day.

I usually recommend 25 to 30 grams of creatine on a loading phase and 10-20 grams a day on a maintenance phase.

---------
    Glutamine
    ---------

Definitely take glutamine right before bed.

This is where the overwhelming research shows the value of glutamine raising Growth Hormone levels significantly by taking 5 grams before bed.

Also, another great time is upon waking, when your muscles have been without significant nutrition for up to 6-8 hours.

Another good time for glutamine is about a half hour or hour after working out.

This helps in the recovery/recuperation process from demanding workouts.

So, creatine definitely before and after your workout and glutamine right before bed and right upon waking.

-------
    Protein
    -------

The best times to take ANY protein drink or protein supplements are as follows.

I've listed them in order of importance, so based upon your affordability, start at the top of the list and work down.

1. Most important time---right after a workout.

Your muscles are like a sponge and need instant nutrition for muscle recovery and growth.

2. Right before bed.

You're about to sleep for 6 to 8 hours. That's a long time without protein.

Could you imagine going throughout your day (when awake) not eating 6 to 8 hours?

Right before bed is important.

3. Right upon waking.

Same thing, you've just gone 6 to 8 hours without proper nutrition. Your body needs protein quick.

4. Half hour before a workout.

This sets up the "anabolic window" before your workout and provides your muscles with adequate nutrition so that the effects of weight training
    (weight training breaks down muscle--called catabolic)
    are not as severe.

These are the best times for protein.

It can be regular whole food or protein supplements, again, based on your affordability.

Protein supplements may be better than whole food in these times because its digested quicker.

But start at the top and work down.

If you can afford 4 servings, you'll really notice the difference in muscle gains and fat loss.

I hope this article helped shed some light on when to take the 3 most important supplements for gaining mass and strength:

Protein, creatine, and glutamine.

These are just a few of the HUNDREDS
    of muscle-building tips that are in my
    full-length training course "Simple Steps"

So I Have Phase 8 , Dymatize ISO 100 And Xtend Scivation. I Go To Gym At 7:00 AM. When TO Take These Supplements? I Eat About 8 Eggs Throughout The Workout Days.

thefitnesstips is not very well liked. (-100) thefitnesstips is not very well liked. (-100) thefitnesstips is not very well liked. (-100) thefitnesstips is not very well liked. (-100) thefitnesstips is not very well liked. (-100) thefitnesstips is not very well liked. (-100) thefitnesstips is not very well liked. (-100) thefitnesstips is not very well liked. (-100) thefitnesstips is not very well liked. (-100) thefitnesstips is not very well liked. (-100) thefitnesstips is not very well liked. (-100)

What are recommended Protein intakes?

i appreciated your knowledge but want to make little bit addition to protein section. Although, you mentioned which one is best time to take protein and its importance to muscles but protein quantity is main thing to discuss. Quantity varies according to intensity level, activity level and even individual weight as well.

1-1.2 g protein is required per kg body weight, if a person is doing low to moderate intensity level. For example, a person whose weight is 70 kg, his daily protein requirements should be between 70 to 84 gm protein. only taking scoops is not a good idea.

if same person performing moderate to high intensity exercise must consume 84 to 112 gm protein.

people who like to do power training their protein intake also varies and recommended daily protein requirement should between 1.6 to 2 gm per kg weight.

tamera13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm 14 years old and take a protein shake everyday after I workout, and I take 1 scoop of pre workout before I lift. Can this harm in any way possible?

BruthaGV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BruthaGV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BruthaGV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BruthaGV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BruthaGV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BruthaGV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BruthaGV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BruthaGV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BruthaGV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BruthaGV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BruthaGV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    interesting article thanks for this.

Just wondering about the loading phase for creatine. I've been taking it for a couple months (about 5 g a day which seems like it should be plenty) but I skipped the loading phase altogether because at the time it seemed pointless.

Is this actually an issue?

Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Babygirl95 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BruthaGV View Post
    interesting article thanks for this.

Just wondering about the loading phase for creatine. I've been taking it for a couple months (about 5 g a day which seems like it should be plenty) but I skipped the loading phase altogether because at the time it seemed pointless.

Is this actually an issue?
    You don't need to load or cycle creatine... We get creatine through foods and there's absolutely no benefit to loading or cycling those foods either.
    Bulking & Lifting :)

MarcosCosta77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcosCosta77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcosCosta77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcosCosta77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcosCosta77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcosCosta77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcosCosta77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcosCosta77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcosCosta77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcosCosta77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MarcosCosta77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i like to use my whey protein after workouts ALWAYS .

JurgisTomas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JurgisTomas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JurgisTomas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JurgisTomas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JurgisTomas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JurgisTomas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JurgisTomas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JurgisTomas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JurgisTomas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JurgisTomas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JurgisTomas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I intake sugar (ex. grapes) immediately after a workout at the gym. Then I go eat real food that contains protein.

urga2 is not very well liked. (-100) urga2 is not very well liked. (-100) urga2 is not very well liked. (-100) urga2 is not very well liked. (-100) urga2 is not very well liked. (-100) urga2 is not very well liked. (-100) urga2 is not very well liked. (-100) urga2 is not very well liked. (-100) urga2 is not very well liked. (-100) urga2 is not very well liked. (-100) urga2 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Idk why people worry about **** like supplements to the point where they try to actual time when they consume them. Supplements are such a waste of time and money. IMO I think it would be far more beneficial to spend time perfecting your diet. Not to mention that Shaun Lebrun doesn't look good enough to be taking advice from. Just sayin.

richardmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richardmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richardmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richardmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richardmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richardmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richardmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richardmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richardmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richardmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great Article!

neering has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    when you have your perfect body shape, you may want to buy beautiful dresses, for more information , you may click here : BellasDress = bellasdress.com