Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Biceps - Should they be failing after one exercise?

My bis are pretty strong (I can curl 35's with ease and 40-45 if I reallllly tried) but after one exercise, I'm pretty much failing.

The exercise I did last night were full range of motion curls (starting with a fully extended arm, bringing the weight up accross my chest while rotating my wrist, and fully flexing my bi. Then bring it down the same way it was brought up very slow for extra ripping). I do this with a 30 in each hand. Usually my hand begins to cramp. I usually fight through it, but by the end it usually gives out, so much that I can't curl anymore.

Could it just be that this is a very time consuming, slow motion exercise? What should I do differently? I mean, my bis are sore atm, so is this enough???

9ball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Azzazzin
    My bis are pretty strong (I can curl 35's with ease and 40-45 if I reallllly tried) but after one exercise, I'm pretty much failing.

The exercise I did last night were full range of motion curls (starting with a fully extended arm, bringing the weight up accross my chest while rotating my wrist, and fully flexing my bi. Then bring it down the same way it was brought up very slow for extra ripping). I do this with a 30 in each hand. Usually my hand begins to cramp. I usually fight through it, but by the end it usually gives out, so much that I can't curl anymore.

Could it just be that this is a very time consuming, slow motion exercise? What should I do differently? I mean, my bis are sore atm, so is this enough???
    Extra ripping? What in the.... Super slow movements will not work the fast twitch muscles (I believe red fibers) effectively and will not allow for the best amount of growth. The best speed would be a more traditional, controlled speed. If you want to throw a slow movement routine in there every once in a while, that would be fine, but super slow movements are not the way to go if you want to grow. Also remember, just because you get a pump and extra burning sensation while doing slow movements does not equate to growth. Try doing a more traditional speed during your workouts and see how much you can do with that. If your biceps are really failing, even after lowering the weight, just stop right there. They may not be as developed or may just not need as much stimulation to grow as other people.

Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Azzazzin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sorry, let me be a bit more clear. I use normal speeds to flex the muscle (and try to go as fast as I can when I start failing, even though it looks the same speed), but I thought that you should use slow motion during negatives (letting your muscle out after flexing). Almost every bodybuilder/trainer I have talked to told me to do it because it rips the muscle fibers more. Have you ever had a training partner pull down while you are trying to resist his strength as much as possible? This is the same idea, except it's being done alone.