miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My workout program takes a while to finish

Hello everyone! I'm new to this community (not to working out) and I before I post I just want to say thanks for answering my questions and I'd really like to get to know one of ya!

Anyway, I'm posting here for a reason. I started lifting the weights (increasing muscle correctly) at the beginning of this summer, 2013. Since then I've gotten a lot stronger but my main concern was how long it took to finish. It takes about 2 1/2 - 3 hours to finish. Usually when it was the summer I was fine with that but now I'm going back to school it's really cutting on my time and I was asking if you guys have any tips how to reduce time.

The exercises are do as follows:
    I'll bench press (chest, triceps)
    Chest flys (Chest)
    Bent Over rows (upper back, biceps)
    Incline bench (shoulders)
    Shoulder flys (shoulders)
    Flaps (muscle next to shoulders)
    Bicep curls (bicep)
    Bicep curls with long bar (bicep)
    Tricep extenstion (Tricep)
    Sit ups (Abs, I'll put 22 pounds on my chest)
    Hip movements (obliques, 22 pounds)
    Forearm curls (Forearms)

Each exercise takes about 15- 20 minutes each to finish and I'll do 3 sets 8 reps. I'm aiming towards strength not endurance.

Any of you guys have advice how I can cut on time? I try to switch each exercise; say I'll to one set of benching, I'll move to bent over rows, back to benching and keep on doing that until I hit 3 sets on both exercises but in the end I get close to the same amount of time. Any advice?

miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miz656 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump

MrPorko2c will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrPorko2c will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrPorko2c will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrPorko2c will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrPorko2c will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrPorko2c will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrPorko2c will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrPorko2c will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrPorko2c will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrPorko2c will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrPorko2c will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by miz656 View Post
    Hello everyone! I'm new to this community (not to working out) and I before I post I just want to say thanks for answering my questions and I'd really like to get to know one of ya!

Anyway, I'm posting here for a reason. I started lifting the weights (increasing muscle correctly) at the beginning of this summer, 2013. Since then I've gotten a lot stronger but my main concern was how long it took to finish. It takes about 2 1/2 - 3 hours to finish. Usually when it was the summer I was fine with that but now I'm going back to school it's really cutting on my time and I was asking if you guys have any tips how to reduce time.

The exercises are do as follows:
    I'll bench press (chest, triceps)
    Chest flys (Chest)
    Bent Over rows (upper back, biceps)
    Incline bench (shoulders)
    Shoulder flys (shoulders)
    Flaps (muscle next to shoulders)
    Bicep curls (bicep)
    Bicep curls with long bar (bicep)
    Tricep extenstion (Tricep)
    Sit ups (Abs, I'll put 22 pounds on my chest)
    Hip movements (obliques, 22 pounds)
    Forearm curls (Forearms)

Each exercise takes about 15- 20 minutes each to finish and I'll do 3 sets 8 reps. I'm aiming towards strength not endurance.

Any of you guys have advice how I can cut on time? I try to switch each exercise; say I'll to one set of benching, I'll move to bent over rows, back to benching and keep on doing that until I hit 3 sets on both exercises but in the end I get close to the same amount of time. Any advice?
    Why does it take 15-20 mins to do 3 sets of 8? How long do you take between sets? That's an enormous amount of time per exercise.

And 2.5 hours a day in the gym is overkill. There are plenty of programs that you could do that would only require one hour for a similar result.

You need to overhaul your whole workout bro to make it fit into your schedule long term.

MrPorko2c will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrPorko2c will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrPorko2c will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrPorko2c will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrPorko2c will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrPorko2c will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrPorko2c will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrPorko2c will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrPorko2c will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrPorko2c will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrPorko2c will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Also... do you even legs?

Where are squats, deadlifts? What the fuk are flaps?

No offence bro, but this workout plan is fairly rubbish. You only have one exercise for back which is one of the most complex muscle group yet have two exercises for biceps.

Originally Posted by MrPorko2c View Post
    Also... do you even legs?

Where are squats, deadlifts? What the fuk are flaps?

No offence bro, but this workout plan is fairly rubbish. You only have one exercise for back which is one of the most complex muscle group yet have two exercises for biceps.
    I only take 2-3 minutes per break and it takes me about 3 minutes per set. Not only that, but like I said when I take breaks most of the time I'll do the other exercises.

Yes, I do legs. On other days I run (I can't lift because my room doesn't have a whole lot of exercises to do legs.

Originally Posted by miz656 View Post
    I only take 2-3 minutes per break and it takes me about 3 minutes per set. Not only that, but like I said when I take breaks most of the time I'll do the other exercises.

Yes, I do legs. On other days I run (I can't lift because my room doesn't have a whole lot of exercises to do legs.
    First of all running isn't a leg exercise. You need to find a way to squat or else you will end up with a big top half and chicken legs.

Secondly you're taking really long breaks between sets. For a rep range of 8-10 you only need a 1 min break. You will actually get better results from fatiguing your muscles more.

The only time I would take 3 min breaks between sets is if I'm doing a heavy day where I'm going for 3-5 reps on a heavy compound lift like squat or deadlift.

Originally Posted by MrPorko2c View Post
    First of all running isn't a leg exercise. You need to find a way to squat or else you will end up with a big top half and chicken legs.

Secondly you're taking really long breaks between sets. For a rep range of 8-10 you only need a 1 min break. You will actually get better results from fatiguing your muscles more.

The only time I would take 3 min breaks between sets is if I'm doing a heavy day where I'm going for 3-5 reps on a heavy compound lift like squat or deadlift.
    Oh ok. Thanks for the advice. Tomorrow when I work out I'ma try that. When I do take the 60 seconds break should I just wait or should I work on the other exercise? And any other advice?

also I know running helps the heart and lungs (also legs too, but not as much). But during a 6 mile run I'll have a short distance fast run where I'll go full out and I know that gains muscle.