Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Registered User midgetfighter90's Avatar
    midgetfighter90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

11.5 inch biceps. . .

Yeah, go ahead and laugh. . . done? Good. Now, I'm 14, have been doing strength training for a long while, but have never done mass. i'm an an ecto(or whatever the super-skinny freaks are called) And am starting to switch from a full on strength training to bodybuilding/power. I'm nearly 5'7 about, so yes this is a self esteem boost. I probably weigh in the low 120s, but am pretty lean so at least my strength training cut back the softness that is invading this country. My lower body is great, am fine with it, but my upper is a bit lacking. My supplies are a bit tight, no machines. Basic bench press, adjustable dumb bells, and that's about it. I do basic curls and all the other textbook excercises, but are there any tricks or methods to just gain a slight boost for upper body? No instant fixes, just a good long term training motto. I made a topic here asking for advice about a month ago and you may remember me, and so far the advice has paid off. I'm just looking for some methods that you wouldn't find lying around in a school gym class. Criticism welcome.

BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000)
    yeah i feel ur pain, i got 12 inch arms but im a meso-endo (naturally muscly but tendancy to store fat). i could get my arms bigger no worries but id get really fat in the process so i wanna cut...but its so hard lmao

my advice is to try HST, it seems to have worked for many when it comes to bulking and adding mass so see how u go. im gonna start it up after summer (in aus).

also what supplements (if any) are you taking?

good luck bro, keep lifting
    It's being a part of the Red, White and Green that makes me a Rooting Machine. And when you feel my mighty Stallion, you will know you have been with a true Italian. :D

Edit Dec 2009: ^^^^^^^^^^^^ I was gay when I was 15.

Well, just your average multi. Great diet though. I think I may start doing whey fairly soon though.

hypo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hypo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hypo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hypo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hypo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hypo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you've been training for a "long while" and weigh 120 lbs the answer is obvious...

you need to EAT

. . . but. . eh. . dang. . . I knew my polish heritage would somehow limit my training. . yeah, my diet would explian a bit.

elite89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was very similar to you. I'm taller but heavier, I'm still definetly a pure ectomorph. Just eat more really. My diet's not great but it's about 3,000-3,500 calories per day and about 170-200 grams of protein. Eat more carbs too. Carbs are good, trendy diets aren't.
    The more I train
    The faster I get

The faster I get
    The slower they seem

The slower they seem
    The easier the game

The easier the game
    The more attention I draw

The more attention I draw
    The tighter they play me

The tighter they play me
    The more I train

BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by midgetfighter90
    Well, just your average multi. Great diet though. I think I may start doing whey fairly soon though.
    yes whey would definetely help, but since ur an ecto id go for a high calorie weight gainer protein (think they have whey too) this would really help you in bulking up.
    It's being a part of the Red, White and Green that makes me a Rooting Machine. And when you feel my mighty Stallion, you will know you have been with a true Italian. :D

Edit Dec 2009: ^^^^^^^^^^^^ I was gay when I was 15.

stvn is on a distinguished road. (+10) stvn is on a distinguished road. (+10) stvn is on a distinguished road. (+10) stvn is on a distinguished road. (+10) stvn is on a distinguished road. (+10) stvn is on a distinguished road. (+10) stvn is on a distinguished road. (+10) stvn is on a distinguished road. (+10) stvn is on a distinguished road. (+10) stvn is on a distinguished road. (+10) stvn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    eat like a mother!
    "Yeah I had a girlfriend once, but she couldn't spot me so what's the point?"

194lbs and cutting!

Wicked_Rain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wicked_Rain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wicked_Rain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wicked_Rain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wicked_Rain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wicked_Rain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wicked_Rain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Put the dumbells weight to as much as they can hold, sit down on your bench, grab the weights and let them hang. Then start to shrug your shoulders like you would say "No idea" or something along the lines of that.

That will work your shoulder muscles.

For your upper back, Hmmm, Try taking some weight off the bar that you use to bench press, and row like you would in a kayak.

You should get more stuff or join the gym.

Rockin_Kockin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey there.
    I'm same height and basically similar weight. I have a 11.75" bi's. It's nothing to laugh at. People with our size most likely have small bone structures. So when you got like 14" bi's you would look like you have 18" arms, especially in photo's that take the arm out of context. BTW, I have the same equipment as you, never properly trained with real equipment except for mucking around 1RM comps with friends during school.

PS. I believe that I am on the correct road to massive gains. I've seen very good results in 8 weeks. If you want, you can Private Message me with any specific questions concerning your current position (height/weight/equipment) as I'm one of the few that are in your boat.

As for the arm looking bigger than what the actual measurements are..
    My arm was 11.5" at the time.
    Observe:
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Rockin_Kockin; 09-22-2004 at 03:51 AM.

MarkK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarkK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarkK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarkK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarkK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarkK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarkK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarkK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarkK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarkK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarkK has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Ahhhh he fessed up!

*sigh* some ppl are just crap...
    ( (._)(_.) )
    ( )\___/( )

Boxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, go ahead and laugh. . . done? Good. Now, I'm 14, have been doing strength training for a long while, but have never done mass. i'm an an ecto(or whatever the super-skinny freaks are called) And am starting to switch from a full on strength training to bodybuilding/power. I'm nearly 5'7 about, so yes this is a self esteem boost. I probably weigh in the low 120s, but am pretty lean so at least my strength training cut back the softness that is invading this country. My lower body is great, am fine with it, but my upper is a bit lacking. My supplies are a bit tight, no machines. Basic bench press, adjustable dumb bells, and that's about it. I do basic curls and all the other textbook excercises, but are there any tricks or methods to just gain a slight boost for upper body? No instant fixes, just a good long term training motto. I made a topic here asking for advice about a month ago and you may remember me, and so far the advice has paid off. I'm just looking for some methods that you wouldn't find lying around in a school gym class. Criticism welcome.
    well lets put it this way ur probably the same as 90% of people at your age and your probably the same as 80% of the teens on this board

Eh, not sure about my age group, but the site group I can believe.

flexmuscles2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) flexmuscles2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) flexmuscles2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) flexmuscles2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) flexmuscles2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) flexmuscles2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) flexmuscles2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) flexmuscles2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) flexmuscles2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) flexmuscles2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) flexmuscles2003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just eat more and try to go a little heavier,good luck.

golds123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) golds123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) golds123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) golds123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) golds123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) golds123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) golds123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) golds123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) golds123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) golds123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) golds123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs down

pea shooters

JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eat like a mad man!!!
    Train
    Eat
    Sleep

DC style

"If you always do what you always done, you will always get what you always got".

Okay, just bought a few dozen pounds of plates and a grocery list. . . wish me luck.

IronStoner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Rockin_Kockin
    Hey there.
    I'm same height and basically similar weight. I have a 11.75" bi's. It's nothing to laugh at. People with our size most likely have small bone structures. So when you got like 14" bi's you would look like you have 18" arms, especially in photo's that take the arm out of context. BTW, I have the same equipment as you, never properly trained with real equipment except for mucking around 1RM comps with friends during school.

PS. I believe that I am on the correct road to massive gains. I've seen very good results in 8 weeks. If you want, you can Private Message me with any specific questions concerning your current position (height/weight/equipment) as I'm one of the few that are in your boat.

As for the arm looking bigger than what the actual measurements are..
    My arm was 11.5" at the time.
    Observe:
    Your arm doesnt look any bigger than 11.5

and what u said makes no sense/is totally wrong (about the bone structure)

the amount of muscle/fat a person carries doesnt affect how big their bone structure is, a 6 foot person who weighs 300 pounds has the same size skeleton as a 6 foot person who's only 130.

thats like saying "im not fat im big-boned"

IronStoner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Okay, just bought a few dozen pounds of plates and a grocery list. . . wish me luck.
    put something on the plates, then eat

Rockin_Kockin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by IronStoner
    Your arm doesnt look any bigger than 11.5

and what u said makes no sense/is totally wrong (about the bone structure)

the amount of muscle/fat a person carries doesnt affect how big their bone structure is, a 6 foot person who weighs 300 pounds has the same size skeleton as a 6 foot person who's only 130.

thats like saying "im not fat im big-boned"

As for the pic, a public poll showed otherwise...
    Agreed on the size of the bone structure doesn't depend on the amount of muscle/fat a person carries. I could be thinking of density?
    Thanks.

Wicked_Rain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wicked_Rain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wicked_Rain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wicked_Rain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wicked_Rain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wicked_Rain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wicked_Rain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why the hell is everyone 11.5, Even me?

Boxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Wicked_Rain
    Why the hell is everyone 11.5, Even me?
    because its normal, u dont bodybuild and have 18 inch biceps after a click of the finger

olaf christ is on a distinguished road. (+10) olaf christ is on a distinguished road. (+10) olaf christ is on a distinguished road. (+10) olaf christ is on a distinguished road. (+10) olaf christ is on a distinguished road. (+10) olaf christ is on a distinguished road. (+10) olaf christ is on a distinguished road. (+10) olaf christ is on a distinguished road. (+10) olaf christ is on a distinguished road. (+10) olaf christ is on a distinguished road. (+10) olaf christ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I had 11.5" guns when I started at 15yo, 120-something lbs. In 5 months I've gained around 30lb and over 2" on the arms. Just don't worry about em, arms are overrated anyway (I remember how much it used to get me down when people would make throwaway remarks about 'skinny kids with 12" guns' lol).

General training principles:
    - Form is more important than ego
    - Milk kicks ass, as does tuna (eat lots of both)
    - Stay positive and be patient

sibiltu will become famous soon enough. (+50) sibiltu will become famous soon enough. (+50) sibiltu will become famous soon enough. (+50) sibiltu will become famous soon enough. (+50) sibiltu will become famous soon enough. (+50) sibiltu will become famous soon enough. (+50) sibiltu will become famous soon enough. (+50) sibiltu will become famous soon enough. (+50) sibiltu will become famous soon enough. (+50) sibiltu will become famous soon enough. (+50) sibiltu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i've always had bigger biceps than average. because of the work i do they seem to have grown quite big naturally.

They were 15.5" when i was 16.5 years old. I started bb'ing about 6 months ago and am now at 16.5" and just turned 17. They are not peaked very much but you can clearly see a significant raise at the top.

My advice is lift heavy but not too much.

Do reps to the style of 6-8*4 with as much as is possible without going to failure. Do this 1-2 times a week on biceps and make sure you eat lots (but good stuff like chicken breast/tuna).

then sit back and watch 'em grow.

..then I rocked the joint nail3r's Avatar
    nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by olaf christ
    I had 11.5" guns when I started at 15yo, 120-something lbs. In 5 months I've gained around 30lb and over 2" on the arms.
    yeah, RIGHT!

2 inch is inasane arnold put on an inch a year!

u do the math, even for noobie gains ud be the next genetic freak (lol i like that Genetic freak - lol)
    Sixteen year veteran of the misc, back after a 10-year hiatus.

lol id say most teens here at the age of 16 or lower have between 11 to 13 inch arms.

Well, I still hate bumping topics.

Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000)
    i started at a very endomorphic. Basically fat but pretty strong.

however i never was skinny........its one of three ways of starting out

either ur skinny, fat or normal lol.

on the long shot i think none of them is more advantageous.

and btw for the ectos that think they eat alot, eat more
    if youre not gaining, eat more. If youre still not gaining eat some more etc etc etc.
    ~460/~320/510 pr's

fun pr's
    deadlift 340 x 15
    squats 245 x 45

6' ~220

rebump

KingKuba has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KingKuba has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KingKuba has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KingKuba has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KingKuba has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KingKuba has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KingKuba has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KingKuba has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KingKuba has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KingKuba has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KingKuba has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    . . . but. . eh. . dang. . . I knew my polish heritage would somehow limit my training. . yeah, my diet would explian a bit.
    its you that's making the heritage look weak

eat