FuegoKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) FuegoKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) FuegoKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) FuegoKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) FuegoKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) FuegoKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) FuegoKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) FuegoKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) FuegoKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) FuegoKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) FuegoKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Lightbulb Pre and post workout stretching...

i am on the ripptoe SS and i am trying to come up with a good stretching routine. i read somewhere that the heavy duty stretching (30 secs) should not be done before the workout but after and on off days. my question is do i do ANY stretching before the actual lifting or am i fine with just riding the bike for 10 minutes? i would imagine i would do something like 7 second stretches right? thanks for the help guys...

skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skitman1080 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by FuegoKidd View Post
    i am on the ripptoe SS and i am trying to come up with a good stretching routine. i read somewhere that the heavy duty stretching (30 secs) should not be done before the workout but after and on off days. my question is do i do ANY stretching before the actual lifting or am i fine with just riding the bike for 10 minutes? i would imagine i would do something like 7 second stretches right? thanks for the help guys...

IMO i find that stretching pre workout is just a personal preference. 10 minutes on the bike pre workout is a great start. Properly warming up is also key. From what i have read, I havent seen any recomendations for doing pre workout stretching. Its honestly up to you. I'll provide a good link here for you that discusses proper warm up technique though. If you dont already warm up like this or something similar then you will definitely see some immediate gains when doing so (i know i did )

http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/sh...light=warm-ups
    "God has landed on this enemy-occupied world in human form...The perfect surrender and humiliation was undergone by Christ: perfect because He was God, surrender and humiliation because He was man."
    -C.S. Lewis

"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..."
    -C.S. Lewis

My WS4BB Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1131121

FuegoKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) FuegoKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) FuegoKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) FuegoKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) FuegoKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) FuegoKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) FuegoKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) FuegoKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) FuegoKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) FuegoKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) FuegoKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    my warmups are what's listed in the SS thread. they are 5 warmup sets a 2X5, a 1X5, a 1X3 and a 1X2 depending on my weight. right now im at 140 on squat (point and laugh, i dont care) so id do something like 45 lbs 2X5, 70 lbs 1X5, 95 lbs 1X3 and 120 lbs 1X2...thank you for your quick response and help

G-2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just do a general warm-up before working out to get blood flowing to your skeletal muscles.

I do not recommend the sports specific type of stretching, ie touching your toes and holding for 10-30 seconds, before squats. The reason being, you do not want the muscle groups to lengthen form stetching when the goal is contraction. Perform the specific/isolation type stretching post-workout.