SeriousOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Elbow Tendonitis-Home Remedies-Ideas?...

OK guys,
    I'm dealing with tendonitis on the inside of my elbow.

Symptoms-- Hurts to curl arm all the way up,(but just at the top) and extend it all the way out.

I have seen a doctor, unfortunately it was a military doctor, and had a cortizone shot in it. Although, I think he missed the tendon he was aiming for...

I am doing deep thumb masages into it, taking SuperCizzusRX,(just started taking it this week), along with Motrin, and wearing an arm strap.

What I need is some ideas from some of the guys on here that have dealt with this problem, and have beaten it.

Thanks in advance.
    A.K. from the Sandbox

Just to add, I'm also doing negatives. Curling a dumbbell with the left arm and letting it go down slowly with the right. I read somewhere that doing nothing is worse than doing something when it comes to tendonitis....

Thoughts, and ideas are welcome...

Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Lots of posts about this lately. I'll summarize how I treat it:

1) Active Release
    2) Stretching the forearm flexors
    3) Ice the affected area
    4) Decrease the volume and work done by the wrist/finger flexors
    5) Don't do anything that hurts it for a while.
    Dr Clay Hyght, DC, CSCS, CISSN
    www.DrClay.com

www.Labrada.com

Labrada Nutrition: "The Most Trusted Name in Sports Nutrition!"

The above is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be used as medical advice. Always consult your doctor prior to beginning any new diet, supplementation, or exercise program.

Less scrawny by the day WavyGravy's Avatar
    WavyGravy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WavyGravy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WavyGravy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WavyGravy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WavyGravy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WavyGravy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WavyGravy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WavyGravy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WavyGravy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WavyGravy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WavyGravy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've had tendonitis in the elbow a few times (Golpher's Elbow) and I always felt it most when doing skull crushers.

For me, the best thing was to:

1 - Rest it for a week or so, depending on how much it hurts - pushing through will only make it worse.

2 - When you do start using it, really stretch it well and hold it. Don't just go through the motions; stretch it well so you can feel it stretch the "spot" taht is annoyed and hold it. This made a HUGE difference for me.

3 - Ice it up afterwards for 20 mins.

Good luck.
    █♣█

Ajaxus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ajaxus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ajaxus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ajaxus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ajaxus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ajaxus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ajaxus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ajaxus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ajaxus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ajaxus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ajaxus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here's a diet tip, cayenne pepper. Spice your foods up with it, because it also contains anti-inflammatory properties.

It used to be used as a home remedy for treating sore throats, people would gargle it or drink it in their tea (takes a strong stomach for that, I tried once, lol). But adding it to your other foods will help as well.

This isn't a miracle cure by far, but every little bit helps.
    23 Years Old
    6'2"
    185lbs

LockOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) LockOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) LockOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) LockOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) LockOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) LockOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) LockOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) LockOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) LockOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) LockOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) LockOut is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am a competative powerlifter and this is a common problem...I'm really into natural cures and have found this to work great...I have helped lots of lifters with this advice..

1. 8000mg omega 3 fish oil a day, natural cortisolinhibitor..cortisol inhibits cortizone which is your bodies natural anti inflamation steroid..better then cortizone shot.

2. Wobenzyme, an enzyme product of germany. great for inflamation, lots of folks with arthritis and injurred athletes use this..i have gooten lots of great feed back. can find at most vitamin stores.

when my tendonitis acts up i go on these and its gone in a week..I NEVER stop lifting heavy or use stuff like advil..and I NEVER ice..ice is not a cure and does not deal with the problem at all, infact ice restricts blood flow and slows down the healing process and can kill tissue..
    "Freedom isn't free" How quickly we forget.

wazzup105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wazzup105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wazzup105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wazzup105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wazzup105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wazzup105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wazzup105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wazzup105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wazzup105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wazzup105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wazzup105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Dr Clay View Post
    Lots of posts about this lately. I'll summarize how I treat it:

1) Active Release
    2) Stretching the forearm flexors
    3) Ice the affected area
    4) Decrease the volume and work done by the wrist/finger flexors
    5) Don't do anything that hurts it for a while.
    How do you feel about eccentrics ?

(sorta like here: http://www.nismat.org/ptcor/eccentric_achilles )

NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wondering if this tendonitis?
    On my right elbow I have a fluid like ping-pong ball. Feels like fluid, but more like those gel inserts for shoes. It covers the elbow joint near the bone. No real pain per say, but I notice it while typing, which I do all day. Came over night and not sure it?s from an injury.

During workout the fluid increases, to golf ball size, and then subsides.
    You can not sculpt a pebble. Eat to grow, then sculpt.

james_scott has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wrong post
    Last edited by james_scott; 06-26-2007 at 08:00 AM. Reason: wrong post

NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The ONLY thing that worked for me was resting it for a month. Then came back slow and made sure I really warmed up the elbow before working it.

ex) skull crushers: 2 X 20 with 45lbs, 1x 15 with 65....then start my first lighter set
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***

rj71 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rj71 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rj71 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rj71 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rj71 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rj71 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rj71 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rj71 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rj71 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rj71 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rj71 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It sucks !!!!!!!!
    I let it slide for 5 months and got a cortisone shot last thursday....

Today I was pounding Militarys like nothing was ever wrong !!!!!!!!!!!

RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well, this doesn't give much hope for time frame wise, but I got severe elbow tendonitis. Inflamed lower tricep, inflamed ulna nerve, fluid build up around the joint, etc. I am on week 14 now of recovering. I am just now doing tricep exercises and chest work outs (luckily I have a good diet so I actually didn't lose much mass at all, kinda surprising). The pain is a sharp pain, and I could not do any presses i.e bench presses, tricep extensions, dips, etc. It still hurts now, but alot of the pain has gone away. I have been stretching it, and doing light weights on certain exercises to help stretch out the tendon and build up around it. I have been taking fish oil, MSM and Glucosamine Chondroiton (which is surprisingly helping, 1st time around it did nothing). All I can say is rest it! Stretch it! and dont push yourself because your anxious, you'll just hurt yourself worse. Remember this......Short term inconvienence, Long term gain! Good luck and be careful!
    *Two in the Chest, One in the Head*

○Νє*

Official Misc Meat Head #3

RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) RWHJR3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by rj71 View Post
    It sucks !!!!!!!!
    I let it slide for 5 months and got a cortisone shot last thursday....

Today I was pounding Militarys like nothing was ever wrong !!!!!!!!!!!

Keep us updated how it is. I had one in my foot when I broke my ankle years ago, and it was fantastic! But then again....cortizone covers the pain, so keep us updated.

○Νє*

NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bursitis.

Guess it can appear without any physical trama, just repetative impacting like resting elbow on desk.
    You can not sculpt a pebble. Eat to grow, then sculpt.

Brother Crash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    One word for you... phonopherisis.

I have a 1MHz ultrasound machine off ebay, and got some ultrasound gel with cortisone and sped recovery like no tomorrow.

It works, it cut my healing time down fast and I was back in the gym. Chiropractors, traditional docs and physical therapist use these devices all the time to speed recovery. But I got tired of paying a 20 dollar copay for every visit and simply bought my own machine and did it myself.

I'm not giving medical advice to anyone, just telling you how I recovered fast. It also works great to speed muscle recovery and clear out lactic acid buildup.

Consult with your physician or health care professional first (<-also known as a disclaimer).

Originally Posted by Brother Crash View Post
    One word for you... phonopherisis.

I have a 1MHz ultrasound machine off ebay, and got some ultrasound gel with cortisone and sped recovery like no tomorrow.

It works, it cut my healing time down fast and I was back in the gym. Chiropractors, traditional docs and physical therapist use these devices all the time to speed recovery. But I got tired of paying a 20 dollar copay for every visit and simply bought my own machine and did it myself.

I'm not giving medical advice to anyone, just telling you how I recovered fast. It also works great to speed muscle recovery and clear out lactic acid buildup.

Consult with your physician or health care professional first (<-also known as a disclaimer).

I went to a physical therapist to give it a shot, and when they used the ultra sound machine for like 10 minutes. My arm would be pretty sore when done. All they were doing was rubbing that machine on my arm. What kind of cortizone did you get, I think I am going to buy a machine myself, they seem pretty cheap.

○Νє*

I've been resting for over 3 months! I've been taking Glocosamine w/MSM(Tri-Flex), SuperCissus RX, and doin deep thumb masages. Nothing seems to work for it. I'm to the point where I'm ready to say, F*#% IT!! and just work out.

Anyone ever heard of it going away on its own, by working through it?

I've heard of people working through it, but do you want to risk more serious injury? You check with an orthopedist and get an MRI done?

○Νє*

Blasphemare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Blasphemare has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My husband has a lot of problems with elbow tendonitis, so it's a relief for me to see what some of you guys use for remedies! It's been a major hindrance for him with weightlifting, so I'll be sure to let him know!

Ammo Dawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Elbow pain and over the counter sups to help?

Any idea of good relyable websites to get this stuff?

I am having the same problem in both elbows.

SeriousOne seems to be in about the same place as myself. Overseas in the nasty a$$ sand box where we don't have access to all the normal stores so we have to rely on ordering through the net.

Not to mention going to an Army Doc will get you as far as "What do you want me to do for you, or your on active duty you'll be fine" kind of remarks.

Originally Posted by LockOut View Post
    I am a competative powerlifter and this is a common problem...I'm really into natural cures and have found this to work great...I have helped lots of lifters with this advice..

1. 8000mg omega 3 fish oil a day, natural cortisolinhibitor..cortisol inhibits cortizone which is your bodies natural anti inflamation steroid..better then cortizone shot.

2. Wobenzyme, an enzyme product of germany. great for inflamation, lots of folks with arthritis and injurred athletes use this..i have gooten lots of great feed back. can find at most vitamin stores.

when my tendonitis acts up i go on these and its gone in a week..I NEVER stop lifting heavy or use stuff like advil..and I NEVER ice..ice is not a cure and does not deal with the problem at all, infact ice restricts blood flow and slows down the healing process and can kill tissue..

hedleylamar will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedleylamar will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedleylamar will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedleylamar will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedleylamar will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedleylamar will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedleylamar will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedleylamar will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedleylamar will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedleylamar will become famous soon enough. (+50) hedleylamar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well, I hate to bring this down, but I've been fighting this same tendonitis in both elbows for over a year. To make it worse, during my stretching, I was forcing the stretch and ended up developing tendonitis in my right shoulder. I've been working through a number of different medical treatments and the ones that have been recommended/made progress include:

- friction on the tendon (painful, but rub the **** out of it. generates blood flow and speeds healing)
    - ultrasound
    - eccentric exercises (very light weight)
    - accupunture
    - trigger point therapy

To learn more about trigger point therapy, check out this book:
    http://www.amazon.com/Trigger-Point-...5416510&sr=8-1

I have no connection to this or this book except the injuries I've remedied with this. It's like accupressure, but you work different muscles from where your injury is, called the trigger point. Effective stuff. It's helped my elbows.

I'm at about 85% healed, but am very hesitant to jump back into training. This has been an extremely frustrating year (but my legs and abs look great)

The Street Athlete Street Workout's Avatar
    Street Workout has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Street Workout has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Street Workout has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Street Workout has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Street Workout has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Street Workout has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Street Workout has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Street Workout has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Street Workout has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Street Workout has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Street Workout has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by LockOut View Post

I will try this, I've had mine for over a year as well. If I rest for like 3 months it goes away, but who the hell want to do that?!?
    WWW.STREETWORKOUT.COM
    ----ɯoɔ˙ʇnoʞɹoʍʇǝǝɹʇs˙ʍʍʍ----

mwhitehead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Elbow tendonitis can be tough but the quicker you get on top of it the better. Cortisone is only treating the symptom and unless you do something about why it's there it will just come back at you. I think what you have is a posture problem. To test this out stand up and bend and straighten your elbow to see how it feels. Then stand pigeon toed (toes touching heels out) and tighten your quads and relax your stomach. Then bend and straighten your elbow. What changed? Less pain? Looser movement?

Now that you have felt that it's a posture problem it's time to fix it. Check out the book called "Pain Free" by Pete Egoscue and go to the chapter on elbow pain. It will give you exercises to take the pain away for good. Let me know how it goes. - Matt

Wellness is not only the absence of pain...but the absence of limitation.

zhuxiaonuan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Last edited by zhuxiaonuan; 10-17-2008 at 12:54 AM.

ShowNoLove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShowNoLove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShowNoLove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShowNoLove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShowNoLove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShowNoLove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShowNoLove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShowNoLove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShowNoLove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShowNoLove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShowNoLove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey guys im just curious, how long does it take to heal tendonitis?

Less scrawny by the day WavyGravy's Avatar
    WavyGravy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WavyGravy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WavyGravy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WavyGravy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WavyGravy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WavyGravy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WavyGravy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WavyGravy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WavyGravy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WavyGravy will become famous soon enough. (+50) WavyGravy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Depending on the severity, with proper treatment a few weeks for me (if minor), or much longer if you try and come back too soon - or worse, try and push through it.

Ice it frequently, wait until you can't feel it, and then start stretching it thoroughly. Start with light weight to make sure it is ok and slowly add weight as time goes on.

The only thing worse than getting it is trying to get back too quick and having to start the recovery all over.

Good luck.
    █♣█