shane3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Disabled Bodybuilding

I am looking into why the only disabled bodybuilding comps are wheelchair based. I am disabled but I dont use a wheelchair and would like to compete in the future. I cant train my legs so I obviously concentrate on my upper body.

Are there any others out there who are having the same thoughts??????

Would it be worth swapping ideas or am I flogging a dead horse?

Nothing against or anything meant towards other bodybuilders abled bodied or wheelchair based

Cheers

Shane

hundred dollar baby ShadesOfGold's Avatar
    ShadesOfGold will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShadesOfGold will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShadesOfGold will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShadesOfGold will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShadesOfGold will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShadesOfGold will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShadesOfGold will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShadesOfGold will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShadesOfGold will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShadesOfGold will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShadesOfGold will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up Wow! good to see im not the only one

hey, I hear you on this one. I want nothing more than to compete in figure but I dont think I will ever be able to achive symmetry in my legs. Disabilities come in all forms, I am not in a wheelchair, but still considered disabled. Not enough for a wheelchair but not ok enough to compete in a normal competition. This gets no consideration, not even from my medical insurance company! So I am caught in between too.

It would be nice if there was a competition where they could just ignore whatever part of you was disabled in judging(with proper doctors note of course!) but it would be too easy to take advantage of I think.
    Probably flogging the horse but if you have friends in the right places sometimes you can make a change.
    -Frank: All right, here's what you're going to do. You're going to take all the weight on your neck. Then you're going to jam your legs down and hyper-extend your ankles, and then shoot back up and lock your knees in place.
    -Dee: Not one of those things sounds right to me. At all.
    ********* _ ******** _*********
    *********\_^_(O.o)_^_/*********
    -Mac: That's the vitamins ripping out the inside of your stomach. That's a good thing, trust me.

frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bumping a 6 years old thread....
    Canadian Crew
    Ryerson U
    ∑X - Beta Omega, IHSV