24/7 Customer Service 1-866-236-8417 Need Help? 1-866-236-8417

Stats: 5'9", 215 lbs
    BodyPoints: 993
    shane3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Visit shane3's BodySpace

Talking Disabled Bodybuilding

I am looking into why the only disabled bodybuilding comps are wheelchair based. I am disabled but I dont use a wheelchair and would like to compete in the future. I cant train my legs so I obviously concentrate on my upper body.

Are there any others out there who are having the same thoughts??????

Would it be worth swapping ideas or am I flogging a dead horse?

Nothing against or anything meant towards other bodybuilders abled bodied or wheelchair based

Cheers

Shane

hundred dollar baby ShadesOfGold's Avatar
    Stats: 5'3", 110 lbs
    BodyPoints: 1128
    ShadesOfGold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShadesOfGold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShadesOfGold has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Visit ShadesOfGold's BodySpace

Thumbs up Wow! good to see im not the only one

hey, I hear you on this one. I want nothing more than to compete in figure but I dont think I will ever be able to achive symmetry in my legs. Disabilities come in all forms, I am not in a wheelchair, but still considered disabled. Not enough for a wheelchair but not ok enough to compete in a normal competition. This gets no consideration, not even from my medical insurance company! So I am caught in between too.

It would be nice if there was a competition where they could just ignore whatever part of you was disabled in judging(with proper doctors note of course!) but it would be too easy to take advantage of I think.
    Probably flogging the horse but if you have friends in the right places sometimes you can make a change.
    -Frank: All right, here's what you're going to do. You're going to take all the weight on your neck. Then you're going to jam your legs down and hyper-extend your ankles, and then shoot back up and lock your knees in place.
    -Dee: Not one of those things sounds right to me. At all.
    ********* _ ******** _*********
    *********\_^_(O.o)_^_/*********
    -Mac: That's the vitamins ripping out the inside of your stomach. That's a good thing, trust me.

Stats: 5'9", 186 lbs
    frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit frankie123's BodySpace
    bumping a 6 years old thread....
    Canadian Crew
    Ryerson U
    ∑X - Beta Omega, IHSV