Kayla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Anyone have any info on Alkaline diets?

I've been hearing some things on it lately because someone I know has been doing one. So I'm just wondering what exactly it is....mostly out of curiousity.
    Like what is it, just eating a diet mostly of vegetables especially green ones? And something about special 'green foods' like seaweed. wtf.

any links that explain it?

Google wasn't much help.

gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Kayla
    I've been hearing some things on it lately because someone I know has been doing one. So I'm just wondering what exactly it is....mostly out of curiousity.
    Like what is it, just eating a diet mostly of vegetables especially green ones? And something about special 'green foods' like seaweed. wtf.

any links that explain it?

Google wasn't much help.
    Where did the person you know get their information on this diet from?
    The Holy Trinity: Diet, weight training and cardio
    If you don't Squat or Deadlift, don't ask what supps will help you gain mass.

"Strength and wisdom are not opposing values." - Bill Clinton

Kayla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by gfletch
    Where did the person you know get their information on this diet from?
    They didn't really have any info. Just said they eat lots of vegetables and things like seaweed.lol

taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000)
    its smart to keep an eye on your acid/base ratio...
    alot of diets (especially bodybuilders) tend to get very acidic, as things like protenis and grains(Got oats?) are very acidic, and can lead to protein wasting, and bone density problems (osteoperosis)
    this is why i do my best to eat some raisins for breakfast whenver i can with my oats, and have spinach for dinner, as they are 2 of the best food for neutralising acids in your diet

while you dont have to cut out protein or anything that drastic, just take a few measures to even up your diet, and its just another great reason to add more fruit and vegies to your diet!

here is some good reading on the subject...
    http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/bases.htm
    http://www.saeure-basen-forum.de/english/index.php (have a large PRAL database, very good site)