zodiac7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb Pavel Tsatsouline's bear routine from power to the people

Anyone tried pavel's bear routine, I'd especially like to know from people who struck on to this for some time, did you achieve gains in strength or muscle?
    Not planning to shift to this anytime soon but it seems to be the opposite of what I'm doing at the moment.

This text is from the dragon door site

POWER TO THE PEOPLE! ROUTINES

General Points:
    * Never work to failure
    * Preferred Exercises: Deadlift (with variations); Side Press (or Floor Press, or Bench Press, or Incline Press); opt. Curl; PTP Variation appeared in an article that used Squat, Deadlift and Bench Press
    * Preferred Length of Cycle: 8-12 workouts
    * If combining with another routine, e.g. Combat Conditioning or high rep ballistic 1 arm snatches, alternate programs every 2 weeks (i.e. 2 weeks PTP, 2 weeks snatches; back to PTP) even if you don't complete your 8-12 workouts in that time period. Longer cycles will cause you to lose your edge.

Name Purpose Rep Scheme Rest Frequency

PTP Wiry Strength 5, 5 @ 90% of the 1st set 3-5 minutes Up to 5x/week

PTP Variation Wiry Strength 5-4-3-2-1-[opt. 1-2-3-4-5] As reps decrease, increase the weight but not necessarily on every set Rest number of minutes equal to preceding set (i.e. 5 reps/5 minutes rest; 4 reps, 4 minutes rest, etc.) Up to 5x/week

Bear Strength and Bulk PTP, then add: 5 @ 80% of the 1st set [repeat @ 80% until form begins to get shaky] Decrease rest periods so workout can be completed in no more than c.45 minutes 2-4x/week

Bear Variation* Strength and Bulk PTP, then add sets of 1-5, waving up and down around 80% of the 1st set As PTP, but during singles reduce to approximately 30 sec. 2-4x/week

*This is only one possible variation. Rest periods, numbers of sets, reps, etc. can all be varied. The goal is to maximize volume with as little fatigue as possible. Experiment to find what works for you.

Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000)
    i have one thing to say

Teh fcuk!!!!1
    ~460/~320/510 pr's

fun pr's
    deadlift 340 x 15
    squats 245 x 45

6' ~220

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I was under the impression that the bear routine could be done pretty much constantly
    since it dosn't use cycling or anything
    did I missunderstand?

but I've done something quite similar to the Bear Routine and it's working pretty well for size I havn't tested 1 RM or anything but the size gains are going well

tony233 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tony233 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tony233 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Warm up for Pavel's Bear Routine

Originally Posted by zodiac7 View Post
    Anyone tried pavel's bear routine, I'd especially like to know from people who struck on to this for some time, did you achieve gains in strength or muscle?
    Not planning to shift to this anytime soon but it seems to be the opposite of what I'm doing at the moment.

This text is from the dragon door site

POWER TO THE PEOPLE! ROUTINES

General Points:
    * Never work to failure
    * Preferred Exercises: Deadlift (with variations); Side Press (or Floor Press, or Bench Press, or Incline Press); opt. Curl; PTP Variation appeared in an article that used Squat, Deadlift and Bench Press
    * Preferred Length of Cycle: 8-12 workouts
    * If combining with another routine, e.g. Combat Conditioning or high rep ballistic 1 arm snatches, alternate programs every 2 weeks (i.e. 2 weeks PTP, 2 weeks snatches; back to PTP) even if you don't complete your 8-12 workouts in that time period. Longer cycles will cause you to lose your edge.

Name Purpose Rep Scheme Rest Frequency

PTP Wiry Strength 5, 5 @ 90% of the 1st set 3-5 minutes Up to 5x/week

PTP Variation Wiry Strength 5-4-3-2-1-[opt. 1-2-3-4-5] As reps decrease, increase the weight but not necessarily on every set Rest number of minutes equal to preceding set (i.e. 5 reps/5 minutes rest; 4 reps, 4 minutes rest, etc.) Up to 5x/week

Bear Strength and Bulk PTP, then add: 5 @ 80% of the 1st set [repeat @ 80% until form begins to get shaky] Decrease rest periods so workout can be completed in no more than c.45 minutes 2-4x/week

Bear Variation* Strength and Bulk PTP, then add sets of 1-5, waving up and down around 80% of the 1st set As PTP, but during singles reduce to approximately 30 sec. 2-4x/week

*This is only one possible variation. Rest periods, numbers of sets, reps, etc. can all be varied. The goal is to maximize volume with as little fatigue as possible. Experiment to find what works for you.
    What kind of warm up should one use with the Bear routine?
    Tony

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pavel is a great guy, and that is a good strength template.

I like 5-3-1 myself because its easy to track and measure progression, but its less the template and mor eteh discipline you follow in lifting hard and consistent.