Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Usnic Acid FAQ

Rlang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by RockECU

Mitotic Spindle Formation takes place during Prophase (2nd phase of Mitosis). In the long run, if you inhibit this process, you inhibit the growth/production/replication of a new cell.

How this relates to Usnic Acid -

Well Mr. Chemistry -
    Usnic acid has been used for many years in the East, even by some as a cancer preventative. Why a cancer preventative??

By disrupting mitosis (replication/growth/production) of cells, you may be able to stop the the cancerous growth from replicating itself, thus growing larger or spreading.

Well, one of these compounds that might dirrupt the process of mitosis in hopes of keeping cancerous growths at bay is USNIC ACID.
    Nope, that's not it, not at all. Back "East" they also "cure" diseases with leeches and herbal / holistic crap (doesn't really cure anything you know). Any studies on your cancer theory? No. In fact your explanation is not even coherent, I wonder what misinformed post you cut and pasted it from. ****, you can find hundreds of Doctors who still today deny that smoking has anything to do with cancer, as ludicrous as that is. But you won't find a knowledgeable chemist / doctor back usnic acid, wonder why? because there is EXTREMELY persuasive evidence out there.

Also, I tried UA for the sole comparison to DNP as an uncoupler, not becasue I expected anything from it. Yes, DNP is safer. I don't have yellow semen, green pee, or yellow sweat, and at 175 I'm taking 800 mg day right now, explain that. Most horror stories are exagerated bull****. I've put 3 people I know on it, as well as myself and monitored them all. None of them have suffered these sides. And it's not the sides that make UA worse than DNP, it's what it does in your body. The damage is not something you will notice, it is just something that happens, and is irreversible. Like I said it's out there, but I'm not going to just hand it to you. It IS on the net.

Now I'll state, I HATE testosterone.net and BIOTEST, I despise them, they're crooks. But what they wrote on UA was not that far off and would be a good place to start to find what I'm talking about. Everyone discredits it because, so and so, knows so and so who read a response that some Dr. in Texas wrote....blah, blah. I've read the response and it held less water than the testosterone article, it didn't even warrant a rebuttle. You guys do what you want, you will be sorry some day, but I guess you know everything huh, I don't even feel bad anymore. Hard-headedness is hard-headedness. Why would I care to advise against something if there was no evidence that it was ineffective and unsafe. I would be the first to support it, as I do certain things (none of which I have any stake in, unlike many here), but not when there is strong evidence to the contrary.

Flo32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    **** man this thread is good!!

I like this sort fo discussion!

I want results not excuses!!

RockECU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RockECU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RockECU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RockECU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RockECU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RockECU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RockECU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RockECU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Rlang

Nope, that's not it, not at all.

#1-Then, please, Mr. Chemisty, please explain it to all of us...

Back "East" they also "cure" diseases with leeches and herbal / holistic crap (doesn't really cure anything you know). Any studies on your cancer theory?

#2-I didn't even state the word "cure" in my last post.

No. In fact your explanation is not even coherent, I wonder what misinformed post you cut and pasted it from.

#3-refer to #1, and I did not cut and paste it from anything.. Why would I need to.. Mitotic spindle formation is something I learned in introductory biology. Do you think you're some scientist or something because you know what it is too??

****, you can find hundreds of Doctors who still today deny that smoking has anything to do with cancer, as ludicrous as that is.

#4 -Please stick to the topic at hand.

But you won't find a knowledgeable chemist / doctor back usnic acid, wonder why? because there is EXTREMELY persuasive evidence out there.

#5-I'd like to see "knowledgeable chemist (not you) / doctor back DNP as well..

Also, I tried UA for the sole comparison to DNP as an uncoupler, not becasue I expected anything from it.

#6-But if it's so horrible for you, I don't understand why you'd even consider trying it just to compare it to DNP as an uncoupler.

Yes, DNP is safer. I don't have yellow semen, green pee, or yellow sweat, and at 175 I'm taking 800 mg day right now, explain that.

#7-Like I said before... DNP and safe, in the same sentence?? c'mon! And you're a buck 75 and using DNP?? What for??
    I've talked with PLENTY of people who have used DNP and they can attest to the discolorations of their pee/semen/sweat.
    -People have DIED from taking DNP, I have yet to hear from someone who has died within days after ingesting usnic acid.

Most horror stories are exagerated bull****. I've put 3 people I know on it, as well as myself and monitored them all. None of them have suffered these sides. And it's not the sides that make UA worse than DNP, it's what it does in your body.

#8-You don't think side effects stem from what's occuring in your body?? I think you should stick to chemistry and not biology/anatomy.

The damage is not something you will notice, it is just something that happens, and is irreversible. Like I said it's out there, but I'm not going to just hand it to you. It IS on the net.

#9-If you truly give a ****, please point me, and everyone else to what you have found. Until you can/do, I and most everyone else here will hold your opinions with a grain of salt. I have yet to see you back up what you claim.. Good researchers back up what they claim, you're obviously avoiding that issue.

Now I'll state, I HATE testosterone.net and BIOTEST, I despise them, they're crooks. But what they wrote on UA was not that far off and would be a good place to start to find what I'm talking about. Everyone discredits it because, so and so, knows so and so who read a response that some Dr. in Texas wrote....blah, blah. I've read the response and it held less water than the testosterone article, it didn't even warrant a rebuttle.

#10-so you're leading us to a testosterone article, but then saying that the Testosterone article doesn't hold much more water than what a Dr. in Texas wrote.

You guys do what you want, you will be sorry some day, but I guess you know everything huh, I don't even feel bad anymore.

#11-NO, I'll be the FIRST to admit I don't know everything.. PLEASE TEACH ME THOUGH.. that's all I ask... If you've got stuff to back up what you say, show me.. If you show me facts, I may change my stance based on what I've found.. But after searching for information on uncouplers (and currently writing an article about uncouplers - using over 230 peer reviewed studies - I didn't find anything that you claim).

Hard-headedness is hard-headedness. Why would I care to advise against something if there was no evidence that it was ineffective and unsafe.

#12- I don't know, but refer to #11.

I would be the first to support it, as I do certain things (none of which I have any stake in, unlike many here), but not when there is strong evidence to the contrary.

#13-Refer to #11, #9

badpta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree. You say you are trying to inform us that we are taking a very dangerous supplement, but when we ask you where to find it ...you just say look for it. You say you are very knowlegable about dnp and ua, but right now it just seems like opinion. Hey, i am not saying that i know anything, but there are some reports that say it is safe. On the other hand you say that ua is dangerous, and when we ask for proof, you say justtolook for it. ok then i admit it i am a meathead, i can't find anything. will you please tell us where the info is?

RockECU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RockECU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RockECU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RockECU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RockECU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RockECU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RockECU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RockECU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Rlang??

Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Point, Set, Match....I think that says about everything Rock

Originally posted by Bobo
    Point, Set, Match....I think that says about everything Rock
    Hell.. all I wanted was to see these studies he's talking about that I couldn't seem to find..

Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bobo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thats why I brought it up in the beginning. I knew he couldn't do it.

Originally posted by Bobo
    Thats why I brought it up in the beginning. I knew he couldn't do it.
    Hmmm... No that's not it. Honestly I rarely check this board (twice a week?), and never scan past the first page. I'm tired of arguing with simpletons, seriously, we're not even discussing things on the same level. And I'm just not the type to spoon feed information that I took the time to find and learn myself. You can believe me, or think I'm full of ****, I really don't care. But there is a lot of info out there. If you're truely interested (which I doubt you are) go to Meso and email or PM "Dr. X", maybe he'll take the time to help you. Honestly it's quite a lengthy explanation, and I'm tired of this dumb ****. I hope not to many people here ONLY rely on this board for knowledgeable info, because it's not just the UA, there is a lot really false info that gets stated around here, and I'm not even getting into some of the "opinions" yet. But thanks for the vote of confidence, "Bobo".

Seriously, email Mr. X, you'll learn everything you want (or don't want) to know. I think I've talked with Fonz at Elite about it a long time ago too. Bill Roberts has written on it as well, although I forget now where I read his article. If you haven't come by this info, and you're writing an "article" on UA, God help us. I would hate to come across an even on-line mag with such non-existent guidelines for author qualifications. Maybe you can dazzle the world with everything you learned in "Intro to Bio" (Science majors aren't even required to take the 'intro' classes). I'll notify the Pulitzers. Good luck!

Layne_Norton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Rlang

I think people here are just confused to why you would take UA knowing how harmful it is to you and knowing that it doesnt even compare to DNP as too its fat burning capabilities.

Hmmm... No that's not it. Honestly I rarely check this board (twice a week?), and never scan past the first page. I'm tired of arguing with simpletons, seriously, we're not even discussing things on the same level. And I'm just not the type to spoon feed information that I took the time to find and learn myself. You can believe me, or think I'm full of ****, I really don't care. But there is a lot of info out there. If you're truely interested (which I doubt you are) go to Meso and email or PM "Dr. X", maybe he'll take the time to help you. Honestly it's quite a lengthy explanation, and I'm tired of this dumb ****. I hope not to many people here ONLY rely on this board for knowledgeable info, because it's not just the UA, there is a lot really false info that gets stated around here, and I'm not even getting into some of the "opinions" yet. But thanks for the vote of confidence, "Bobo".

Seriously, email Mr. X, you'll learn everything you want (or don't want) to know. I think I've talked with Fonz at Elite about it a long time ago too. Bill Roberts has written on it as well, although I forget now where I read his article. If you haven't come by this info, and you're writing an "article" on UA, God help us. I would hate to come across an even on-line mag with such non-existent guidelines for author qualifications. Maybe you can dazzle the world with everything you learned in "Intro to Bio" (Science majors aren't even required to take the 'intro' classes). I'll notify the Pulitzers. Good luck!
    Once again you avoid the subject of true and accurate references and tell us to "PM" other people. How funny is that? You criticize us for listening to credible people, yet inform us to "PM" somebody else when it comes to you backing up your statements. I think you've contradicted yoursefl about as much as you could of on this subject. You've proved your worthfullness and showed that your limited studies in chemistry got you in way in over your head this time. Once again I ask for case studies.....10 to 1 he doesn't come up with jack....Any takers?

Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just think its funny that you say

There is VERY strong research that suggests that DNP is safer than UA, for a number of reasons.
    You go on to say

Also, I tried UA for the sole comparison to DNP as an uncoupler, not becasue I expected anything from it. Yes, DNP is safer. I don't have yellow semen, green pee, or yellow sweat, and at 175 I'm taking 800 mg day right now, explain that.

Well I don't understand how you can say DNP is safer just because you didn't have any of these symptoms. Its seems like you would be comparing symptoms as the end all comparison, but that wouldn't make sense because you also say
    Most horror stories are exagerated bull****. I've put 3 people I know on it, as well as myself and monitored them all. None of them have suffered these sides. And it's not the sides that make UA worse than DNP, it's what it does in your body. The damage is not something you will notice, it is just something that happens, and is irreversible.

I don't understand how you can just say that you don't agree with what most people say about DNP sides because you haven't seen these sides, even at high doses, but you do agree with the effect that UA has on the body even though you haven't seen them either, let alone checked to see if any of these effects did indeed occur. Do you see why your comments have holes to some?

-Ice
    Last edited by Ice Man; 05-28-2002 at 07:35 AM.
    Yup, I'm bigger than you.

brwnsuga is just really nice. (+1000) brwnsuga is just really nice. (+1000) brwnsuga is just really nice. (+1000) brwnsuga is just really nice. (+1000) brwnsuga is just really nice. (+1000) brwnsuga is just really nice. (+1000) brwnsuga is just really nice. (+1000) brwnsuga is just really nice. (+1000) brwnsuga is just really nice. (+1000) brwnsuga is just really nice. (+1000) brwnsuga is just really nice. (+1000)
    I posted this in my Usnic Acid (two week cycle) thread, but wanted to add it here in case anyone has more information to provide

Is it possible for the body to overcompensate (in a positive way) for the uncoupling effects of UA? The past few training days are some of the best I've had in a while. It could just be my mind playing tricks on me, but I feel as if I have more energy when lifting. My thought is: Since the body is increasing ATP production because of UA's uncoupling effects, perhaps the ATP production is not specific to certain tissues.

princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i think most of the other companys out there may just be afraid to put it in there product because of the fda

Originally posted by Ice Man
    I just think its funny that you say

You go on to say

Well I don't understand how you can say DNP is safer just because you didn't have any of these symptoms. Its seems like you would be comparing symptoms as the end all comparison, but that wouldn't make sense because you also say
    ***No, I'm obviously NOT comparing symptoms. On DNP I sweat my ass off, don't sleep as well (although it's not a problem), and I get very sore after my workouts. On UA, I felt nothing, I had no symptoms at all. The problem with UA is not something you feel, it's something that hapens in your body. And I'm not as narrow-minded as to just go on my own results. I know literally dozens of people who have used DNP and never had yellow sweats, green semen, whatever... My friends and I have always gotten our own DNP and dealt with / capped it ourselves. Unlike most people we have always known EXACTLY what we were taking, measured to the molecule (almost, we have VERY good scales). We also all have done our research, and unlike most dumb ****s, don't just take it making no adjustment to diet and or training. There is a right way, and a wrong way. We have always done it the right way, and it has been very safe. I have friends who have done 3 day cycles at 1 gram a day. While I don't suggest this (I've never gone over 800 myself), if you're intelligent enough to know what you're getting into, it can be done "fairly" safely.

Am I saying DNP is safe and people should use it? No, I'm not. MOST people shouldn't. Look at the dumb ass in NY who first run did 600 mg of crystal and then went drinking. People see that dumb article and think, "DNP can KILL YOU!". No 600 mg of crystal DNP combined with alcohol can though. Most people are just idiots. If someone is on a message boards asking questions if they should drink alcohol, or what supplements should they be taking with it, ****, it scares me to think such a lazy ass could even get ahold of DNP. But for those who are dead serious, and compete, it can be very helpful, and dangerous only if you're stupid. ***

It's funny how "Bobo", haha, questions my "classes" in Chemistry. I have a Chemistry Degree from a college that it is a safe bet "Bobo" couldn't even get in. I just finished graduate school a short time ago too, so "Bobo", how is the 10th grade treating you? Whatever, stupidass.

People keep saying, "why would you do it if you know it's so unhealthy?" That's easy, for me at least. I can read about everything I want til I'm blue in the face, but nothing substitutes for human experience. Fact is, I've done almost any drug you can name at some point in time (with the exception of injectible anabolics, for personal reasons that's all). Now I've never been the guy strung out all the time, in fact most things I would do once or twice and move on, I don't have an addictive personality. I took Oxy for 2 months after I blew out my back, and stopped cold turkey when I no longer needed it, so I know myself well and I'm OK. Have I done some damage over the years? I'm sure, a little bit. But I keep a close check on it. I did Lipo about 3 years ago, or so, I forget, and remember thinking it was "ok", so I thought I'd try the UA to see if it was similair, it wasn't. Can I explain that? No, but it's something, the two are NOT the same, not at all, not even close. (This has been confirmed by several others besides myself that I've spoken with).

I work a lot, and I'm very busy. Right now I don't have an explanation written up on UA, and I'm not just going to post my references to have some halfwit here misinterpret it before I can address it. IF I GET TIME, early next week at the earliest, I'll TRY to write up the research on why UA is such a bad idea. OK? As much as this is not even worth my time, it will be nice to shut some of you the hell up, although my main reason for taking the time would be to persuade anything who is still thinking of trying it to decide against it. But that would be bad for business here huh? Tough ****. Til next week.....maybe....

***No, I'm obviously NOT comparing symptoms. On DNP I sweat my ass off, don't sleep as well (although it's not a problem), and I get very sore after my workouts. On UA, I felt nothing, I had no symptoms at all. The problem with UA is not something you feel, it's something that hapens in your body. And I'm not as narrow-minded as to just go on my own results. I know literally dozens of people who have used DNP and never had yellow sweats, green semen, whatever... My friends and I have always gotten our own DNP and dealt with / capped it ourselves. Unlike most people we have always known EXACTLY what we were taking, measured to the molecule (almost, we have VERY good scales). We also all have done our research, and unlike most dumb ****s, don't just take it making no adjustment to diet and or training. There is a right way, and a wrong way. We have always done it the right way, and it has been very safe. I have friends who have done 3 day cycles at 1 gram a day. While I don't suggest this (I've never gone over 800 myself), if you're intelligent enough to know what you're getting into, it can be done "fairly" safely.

Am I saying DNP is safe and people should use it? No, I'm not. MOST people shouldn't. Look at the dumb ass in NY who first run did 600 mg of crystal and then went drinking. People see that dumb article and think, "DNP can KILL YOU!". No 600 mg of crystal DNP combined with alcohol can though. Most people are just idiots. If someone is on a message boards asking questions if they should drink alcohol, or what supplements should they be taking with it, ****, it scares me to think such a lazy ass could even get ahold of DNP. But for those who are dead serious, and compete, it can be very helpful, and dangerous only if you're stupid. ***

It's funny how "Bobo", haha, questions my "classes" in Chemistry. I have a Chemistry Degree from a college that it is a safe bet "Bobo" couldn't even get in. I just finished graduate school a short time ago too, so "Bobo", how is the 10th grade treating you? Whatever, stupidass.

People keep saying, "why would you do it if you know it's so unhealthy?" That's easy, for me at least. I can read about everything I want til I'm blue in the face, but nothing substitutes for human experience. Fact is, I've done almost any drug you can name at some point in time (with the exception of injectible anabolics, for personal reasons that's all). Now I've never been the guy strung out all the time, in fact most things I would do once or twice and move on, I don't have an addictive personality. I took Oxy for 2 months after I blew out my back, and stopped cold turkey when I no longer needed it, so I know myself well and I'm OK. Have I done some damage over the years? I'm sure, a little bit. But I keep a close check on it. I did Lipo about 3 years ago, or so, I forget, and remember thinking it was "ok", so I thought I'd try the UA to see if it was similair, it wasn't. Can I explain that? No, but it's something, the two are NOT the same, not at all, not even close. (This has been confirmed by several others besides myself that I've spoken with).

I work a lot, and I'm very busy. Right now I don't have an explanation written up on UA, and I'm not just going to post my references to have some halfwit here misinterpret it before I can address it. IF I GET TIME, early next week at the earliest, I'll TRY to write up the research on why UA is such a bad idea. OK? As much as this is not even worth my time, it will be nice to shut some of you the hell up, although my main reason for taking the time would be to persuade anything who is still thinking of trying it to decide against it. But that would be bad for business here huh? Tough ****. Til next week.....maybe....
    Once again, sources? You talk so much and say so little. Grad school? I have a B.A. in Anthropology, History, and Criminal Justice and currently in my 2nd year of law school. If you want my office hours you can call me and I'll be happy to put any doubt you have to rest. I've also been bodybuilding and have had experience in the athletic field my whole life. I played collegiate hockey for a nationally ranked school and bodybuilding ever since I was 18. You've done nothing but contradict, backtrack and make yourself look like a complete idiot throughout this debate. You've never backed up anything on your statements, and refuse to post your references because your afraid we will interprit it before you do. Umm...I thought you've read these sources? Shouldn't you have your own interpretation by now? Oh thats right, you don't blindly follow case study. You base your knowledge on human experience and not just reading until your blue in the face. I guess will be base scientific study now on everyone's individuals experience and thrown case study and experimentation out the window. Well my suggestion is that you DO read until your blue in the face because obvisouly the way you've conducted yourself here, you need it. Your so called knowledablge peers have never shown up, never defended you, never proved right a single word you said. In other words, your a fraud and it shows now by you trying to divert the original debate to your own personal ramblings...about nothing. Its kind fo funny how you recommend everyone not to take UA because you've tried it and all your friends of tried it, and all your knowledablge peer have tried it. Looks like they take your opinion with as much credibility as we do.

Next time could you please at least provide something, anything, that backs up something that you've said? Or could you at least try to counter Rock's points with something other than your opinion?

To be honest, I'm sick of replying to these cop-out retorts of his... He could have saved himself a HELL of a lot of time by just giving us the references to what he has found, rather than trying to attack us all for just flat out wanting the references.. I'm trying to find the logic in that. Not to mention he wants me to PM a guy, talk to a guy from Elite (of course the greatest of boards) and the almighty Bill Roberts..

I'm sorry, but Bill Roberts, IMO, isn't an exclusive authority for how things work IN THE BODY.

That seems to be one common theme I see in chemists, they think that just because so and so reaction proceeds like this on paper, that it must proceed like this and only this every where else.. IMO - WRONG! (ie - Why is it then that some people get gyno from prohormones, and some don't?? - Even when people have said, most of the time coming from Bill Roberts, that so and so prohormone can't aromatize.. )

There is nothing that is 100% known in the human body, we are all different and all react different to diff't stimuli.

Originally posted by RockECU
    To be honest, I'm sick of replying to these cop-out retorts of his... He could have saved himself a HELL of a lot of time by just giving us the references to what he has found, rather than trying to attack us all for just flat out wanting the references.. I'm trying to find the logic in that. Not to mention he wants me to PM a guy, talk to a guy from Elite (of course the greatest of boards) and the almighty Bill Roberts..

I'm sorry, but Bill Roberts, IMO, isn't an exclusive authority for how things work IN THE BODY.

That seems to be one common theme I see in chemists, they think that just because so and so reaction proceeds like this on paper, that it must proceed like this and only this every where else.. IMO - WRONG! (ie - Why is it then that some people get gyno from prohormones, and some don't?? - Even when people have said, most of the time coming from Bill Roberts, that so and so prohormone can't aromatize.. )

There is nothing that is 100% known in the human body, we are all different and all react different to diff't stimuli.
    Thats why its funny hearing someone supposedly educated in the scientific field base their deductions on human experiences, rather than science.

studies

i'm going to post a few pertinant studies...

Record: 10

Title: The significance of lichens and their metabolites.
    Author(s): Huneck S
    Source: Die Naturwissenschaften [Naturwissenschaften] 1999 Dec; 86
    (12), pp. 559-70.
    Pub. Type: Journal Article; Review; Review, Academic
    Language: English
    Journal Info: Country of Publication: GERMANY NLM ID: 0400767 ISSN:
    0028-1042
    Citation Subsets: IM
    MeSH Heading: Lichens/*physiology
    Air Pollution/analysis. Environmental Monitoring/methods.
    Fungi/physiology. Human. Lichens/metabolism. Perfume. Plant
    Physiology. Plants, Medicinal. Support, Non-U.S. Gov't. Symbiosis.
    Abstract: Lichens, symbiontic organisms of fungi and algae, synthesize
    numerous metabolites, the "lichen substances," which comprise
    aliphatic, cycloaliphatic, aromatic, and terpenic compounds. Lichens
    and their metabolites have a manifold biological activity: antiviral,
    antibiotic, antitumor, allergenic, plant growth inhibitory,
    antiherbivore, and enzyme inhibitory. Usnic acid, a very active lichen
    substance is used in pharmaceutical preparations. Large amounts of
    Pseudevernia furfuracea and Evernia prunastri are processed in the
    perfume industry, and some lichens are sensitive reagents for the
    evaluation of air pollution.
    No. of References: 121
    CAS Registry No.: 0 (Perfume)
    Revision Date: 20001218
    Entry Date(s): Date Created: 20000203 Date Completed: 20000203
    Citation ID(s): PMID: 10643590 Medline UI: 20108202
    Database: MEDLINE

Rlang - notice : antitumor, and used in pharmaceutical preparations

brwnsuga is just really nice. (+1000) brwnsuga is just really nice. (+1000) brwnsuga is just really nice. (+1000) brwnsuga is just really nice. (+1000) brwnsuga is just really nice. (+1000) brwnsuga is just really nice. (+1000) brwnsuga is just really nice. (+1000) brwnsuga is just really nice. (+1000) brwnsuga is just really nice. (+1000) brwnsuga is just really nice. (+1000) brwnsuga is just really nice. (+1000)
    I did Lipo about 3 years ago, or so, I forget, and remember thinking it was "ok", so I thought I'd try the UA to see if it was similair, it wasn't. Can I explain that? No, but it's something, the two are NOT the same, not at all, not even close. (This has been confirmed by several others besides myself that I've spoken with).
    Lipokinetix (Amount per capsule): Caffeine 100mg, 1R, 2S Norephedrine HCL 25mg, Yohimbine HCL 3mg, Diodothyronine 100mcg, Sodium Usniate 100mg

Usnic Acid: Usnic Acid

I assume that I DO NOT have to explain the difference.

Record: 15

Title: Lichen metabolites. 2. Antiproliferative and cytotoxic activity
    of gyrophoric, usnic, and diffractaic acid on human keratinocyte
    growth.
    Author(s): Kumar KC; Müller K
    Author's Address: Institut für Pharmazie, Universität Regensburg,
    D-93040 Regensburg, Germany.
    Source: Journal of natural products [J Nat Prod] 1999 Jun; 62 (6), pp.
    821-3.
    Pub. Type: Journal Article
    Journal Info: Country of Publication: UNITED STATES NLM ID: 7906882
    ISSN: 0163-3864
    MeSH Heading: Anisoles/*pharmacology
    Antineoplastic Agents/*isolation & purification
    Benzofurans/*pharmacology
    Benzoic Acids/*pharmacology
    Hydroxybenzoic Acids/*pharmacology
    Keratinocytes/*drug effects
    Lichens/*chemistry
    Anisoles/isolation & purification. Antineoplastic Agents/pharmacology.
    Arachidonic Acid/metabolism. Benzofurans/isolation & purification.
    Benzoic Acids/isolation & purification. Cell Division/drug effects.
    Human. Hydroxybenzoic Acids/isolation & purification.
    Keratinocytes/enzymology. Lactate Dehydrogenase/metabolism.
    Lichens/metabolism. Lipoxygenase/metabolism. Support, Non-U.S. Gov't.
    Tumor Cells, Cultured.
    Abstract: The sensitivity of the human keratinocyte cell line HaCaT to
    several lichen metabolites isolated from Parmelia nepalensis and
    Parmelia tinctorum was evaluated. The tridepside gyrophoric acid (6),
    the dibenzofuran derivative (+)-usnic acid (1), and the didepside
    diffractaic acid (5) were potent antiproliferative agents and
    inhibited cell growth, with IC50 values of 1.7, 2.1, and 2.6 microM,
    respectively. Methyl beta-orcinolcarboxylate (2), ethyl hematommate
    (3), the didepside atranorin (4), and (+)-protolichesterinic acid (7)
    did not influence keratinocyte growth at concentrations of 5 microM.
    Keratinocytes were further tested for their susceptibility to the
    action of the potent antiproliferative agents on plasma membrane
    integrity. The release of lactate dehydrogenase activity into the
    culture medium was unchanged as compared to controls, documenting that
    the activity of gyrophoric acid (6), (+)-usnic acid (1), and
    diffractaic acid (5) was due to cytostatic rather than cytotoxic
    effects.
    CAS Registry No.: 0 (Anisoles)
    0 (Antineoplastic Agents)
    0 (Benzofurans)
    0 (Benzoic Acids)
    0 (Hydroxybenzoic Acids)
    125-46-2 (usnic acid)
    436-32-8 (diffractaic acid)
    506-32-1 (Arachidonic Acid)
    548-89-0 (gyrophoric acid)
    EC 1.1.1.27 (Lactate Dehydrogenase)
    EC 1.13.11.12 (Lipoxygenase)
    Entry Date(s): Date Created: 19990827 Date Completed: 19990827
    Citation ID(s): PMID: 10395495 Medline UI: 99324035

2 more..

Record: 13

Title: Some lichen products have antimicrobial activity.
    Author(s): Garcia Rowe J; Garcia Gimenez MD; Saenz Rodriguez MT
    Author's Address: Laboratory of Vegetal Biology, Faculty of Pharmacy,
    University of Seville, Spain.
    Source: Zeitschrift fur Naturforschung. C, A journal of biosciences [Z
    Naturforsch [C]] 1999 Jul-Aug; 54 (7-8), pp. 605-9.
    Journal Info: Country of Publication: GERMANY NLM ID: 8912155 ISSN:
    0341-0382
    MeSH Heading: Anti-Infective Agents/*isolation & purification
    Lichens/*chemistry
    Anti-Infective Agents/pharmacology. Microbial Sensitivity Tests.
    Abstract: Antimicrobial activity in some lichens from south Spain has
    been studied. Some lichenical substances are also identified. The
    structures of all compounds were elucidated by physical, spectral and
    chemical methods. A very high activity against Gram-positive bacteria
    has been observed in lichens containing usnic acid.
    CAS Registry No.: 0 (Anti-Infective Agents)
    Entry Date(s): Date Created: 19991102 Date Completed: 19991102
    Citation ID(s): PMID: 10488570 Medline UI: 99418194
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Record: 18

Title: Antimitotic effects of usnic acid on different biological
    systems.
    Author(s): Cardarelli M; Serino G; Campanella L; Ercole P; De Cicco
    Nardone F; Alesiani O; Rossiello F
    Author's Address: Centro Acidi Nucleici, Genetics and Molecular
    Biology Department, Rome, Italy.
    Source: Cellular and molecular life sciences : CMLS [Cell Mol Life
    Sci] 1997 Aug; 53 (8), pp. 667-72.
    Journal Info: Country of Publication: SWITZERLAND NLM ID: 9705402
    ISSN: 1420-682X
    MeSH Heading: Antifungal Agents/*pharmacology
    Antineoplastic Agents/*pharmacology
    Mitosis/*drug effects
    Adenocarcinoma/pathology. Benzofurans/administration & dosage. Cell
    Division/drug effects. Cells, Cultured. Endometrial
    Neoplasms/pathology. Female. Fusarium/drug effects. Fusarium/growth &
    development. Human. Oxygen Consumption/drug effects. Plants, Toxic.
    Protoplasts/drug effects. Saccharomyces cerevisiae/drug effects.
    Tobacco/drug effects. Tumor Cells, Cultured.
    Abstract: Usnic acid is a biosynthesis product characteristic of
    several epiphytic lichens such as Evernia, Cladonia and Parmelia.
    Usnic acid has several interesting biological properties. It is an
    antibiotic and it also seems to exert an antimitotic action. It has
    even been postulated that usnic acid can play a role as an
    environmental indicator, since its concentration varies according to
    the presence of toxic agents. A series of tests have been run on
    different biological systems such as fungi, yeasts, plant cells and
    neoplastic human cell cultures in order to make a general evaluation
    of the properties of usnic acid and to highlight any analogy between
    its effects on phylogenetically distant organisms. The results
    obtained confirm some of the already known properties of usnic acid
    and identify concentration ranges that are active against cells from
    different organisms. Furthermore, at low concentrations, the acid
    displays a capacity to stimulate cell metabolism in some of the
    biological systems tested.
    CAS Registry No.: 0 (Antifungal Agents)
    0 (Antineoplastic Agents)
    0 (Benzofurans)
    125-46-2 (usnic acid)
    Revision Date: 20011128
    Entry Date(s): Date Created: 19971121 Date Completed: 19971121
    Citation ID(s): PMID: 9351470 Medline UI: 98012832

Record: 17

Title: Antimycobacterial activity of lichen metabolites in vitro.
    Author(s): Ingólfsdóttir K; Chung GA; Skúlason VG; Gissurarson SR;
    Vilhelmsdóttir M
    Author's Address: Department of Pharmacy, University of Iceland,
    Hagi/Hofsvallagata, 107 Reykjavik, Iceland.
    Source: European journal of pharmaceutical sciences : official journal
    of the European Federation for Pharmaceutical Sciences [Eur J Pharm
    Sci] 1998 Apr; 6 (2), pp. 141-4.
    Journal Info: Country of Publication: NETHERLANDS NLM ID: 9317982
    ISSN: 0928-0987
    MeSH Heading: 4-Butyrolactone/*analogs & derivatives
    Anti-Infective Agents/*pharmacology
    Hydroxybenzoic Acids/*pharmacology
    Lactones/*pharmacology
    Lichens/*metabolism
    Mycobacterium/*drug effects
    Salicylic Acids/*pharmacology
    4-Butyrolactone/isolation & purification.
    4-Butyrolactone/pharmacology. Benzofurans/isolation & purification.
    Comparative Study. Hydroxybenzoic Acids/isolation & purification.
    Lactones/isolation & purification. Microbial Sensitivity Tests.
    Salicylic Acids/isolation & purification. Support, Non-U.S. Gov't.
    Abstract: Several compounds, whose structures represent the most
    common chemical classes of lichen metabolites, were screened for in
    vitro activity against Mycobacterium aurum, a non-pathogenic organism
    with a similar sensitivity profile to M. tuberculosis. Of the
    compounds tested, usnic acid from Cladonia arbuscula exhibited the
    highest activity with an MIC value of 32 microg/ml. Atranorin and
    lobaric acid, both isolated from Stereocaulon alpinum, salazinic acid
    from Parmelia saxatilis and protolichesterinic acid from Cetraria
    islandica all showed MIC values >/=125 microg/ml.
    0 (Benzofurans)
    0 (Hydroxybenzoic Acids)
    0 (Lactones)
    0 (Salicylic Acids)
    0 (salazinic acid)
    125-46-2 (usnic acid)
    1448-96-0 (protolichesterinic acid)
    479-20-9 (atranorin)
    522-53-2 (lobaric acid)
    96-48-0 (4-Butyrolactone)
    Entry Date(s): Date Created: 19990128 Date Completed: 19990128
    Citation ID(s): PMID: 9795033 Medline UI: 99060012

2 more.. first one isn't very pertinant(sp?) but ah well

Record: 16

Title: [A zinc sulfate and usnic acid preparation used as
    post-surgical adjuvant therapy in genital lesions by Human
    Papillomavirus]
    Transliterated Title: Terapia adiuvante con un preparato a base di
    zinco solfato e acido usnico delle lesioni genitali da Human Papilloma
    virus (HPV) dopo trattamento chirurgico distruttivo.
    Author(s): Scirpa P; Scambia G; Masciullo V; Battaglia F; Foti E;
    Lopez R; Villa P; Malecore M; Mancuso S
    Author's Address: Istituto di Clinica Ginecologica ed Ostetrica,
    Università Cattolica del S. Cuore, Roma.
    Source: Minerva ginecologica [Minerva Ginecol] 1999 Jun; 51 (6), pp.
    255-60.
    Pub. Type: Clinical Trial; Clinical Trial, Phase II; Journal Article;
    Randomized Controlled Trial
    Language: Italian
    Journal Info: Country of Publication: ITALY NLM ID: 0400731 ISSN:
    0026-4784
    MeSH Heading: Benzofurans/*therapeutic use
    Genital Diseases, Female/*virology
    Papillomavirus, Human/*isolation & purification
    Papovaviridae Infections/*surgery
    Zinc Sulfate/*therapeutic use
    Adult. Anti-Infective Agents/therapeutic use. Astringents/therapeutic
    use. Chemotherapy, Adjuvant. Colposcopy. English Abstract. Female.
    Genital Diseases, Female/drug therapy. Genital Diseases,
    Female/surgery. Human. Papillomavirus, Human/drug effects.
    Papovaviridae Infections/drug therapy. Papovaviridae
    Infections/virology. Postoperative Period. Radiosurgery.
    Abstract: BACKGROUND: To evaluate the efficacy and safety of
    intravaginal administration of a zinc sulphate and usnic acid compound
    as adjuvant therapy of Human Papillomavirus (HPV) genital infection,
    after radiosurgical treatment (RS). METHODS: One hundred patients
    affected by HPV genital infection were enrolled in the study from
    October 1996 to July 1998. Patients were classified according to
    colposcopic and cytologic criteria and treated with RS. Patients were
    randomized into three groups: the first group did not follow any
    therapy after RS (control group), (n = 50); the second group was
    pharmacologically treated with intravaginal administration of a usnic
    acid and zinc sulphate compound (Zeta N, Bergamon Italia) before and
    after RS (n = 25), the third group was pharmacologically treated only
    after RS (n = 25). The last two groups were considered together for
    the statistical analysis. Patients were reevaluated after one, two,
    three and six months from electrocoagulation. The safety of treatment
    was also investigated. RESULTS: One month after RS. HPV lesions
    disappeared in 93% of the patients in the control group and in 100% of
    patients treated with usnic acid and zinc sulphate. After one month,
    reepithelization was complete in 65% of cases treated with usnic acid
    and zinc sulphate and in only 28% of the control group (p = 0.001).
    Two months later reepithelization was 94% in the patients
    pharmacologically treated compared to 76% of the control group (p =
    0.06). Treatment prior to RS resulted in a reduction of the overall
    area of lesions in 88% of cases. Three months after RS, there was a
    significant reduction of recurrence in the group treated with usnic
    acid and zinc sulphate (p = 0.01). This reduction was still
    significant at six months (p = 0.005). CONCLUSIONS: Usnic acid and
    zinc sulphate adjuvant treatment improved time of reepithelization and
    reduce the recurrence with few side effects and a good compliance.
    0 (Astringents)
    0 (Benzofurans)
    125-46-2 (usnic acid)
    7733-02-0 (Zinc Sulfate)
    Entry Date(s): Date Created: 19990928 Date Completed: 19990928
    Citation ID(s): PMID: 10479878 Medline UI: 99409149

Record: 20

Title: Lichen acids as uncouplers of oxidative phosphorylation of
    mouse-liver mitochondria.
    Author(s): Abo-Khatwa AN; al-Robai AA; al-Jawhari DA
    Author's Address: Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, King
    Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
    Source: Natural toxins [Nat Toxins] 1996; 4 (2), pp. 96-102.
    Journal Info: Country of Publication: UNITED STATES NLM ID: 9212382
    ISSN: 1056-9014
    MeSH Heading: Anti-Infective Agents/*toxicity
    Mitochondria, Liver/*drug effects
    Uncoupling Agents/*toxicity
    2,4-Dinitrophenol/toxicity. Adenosine Triphosphate/biosynthesis.
    Animal. Benzofurans/toxicity. Ca(2+) Mg(2+)-ATPase/metabolism.
    Dose-Response Relationship, Drug. Furans/toxicity. Hydroxybenzoic
    Acids/toxicity. In Vitro. Male. Mice. Mitochondria, Liver/metabolism.
    Oligomycins/toxicity. Oxidative Phosphorylation. Oxygen
    Consumption/drug effects. Phenylacetates/toxicity. Polarography.
    Abstract: Three lichen acids-namely, (+)usnic acid, vulpinic acid, and
    atranorin-were isolated from three lichen species (Usnea articulata,
    Letharia vulpina, and Parmelia tinctorum, respectively). The effects
    of these lichen products on mice-liver mitochondrial oxidative
    functions in various respiratory states and on oxidative
    phosphorylation were studied polarographically in vitro. The lichen
    acids exhibited characteristics of the 2,4-dinitrophenol (DNP), a
    classical uncoupler of oxidative phosphorylation. Thus, they released
    respiratory control and oligomycin inhibited respiration, hindered ATP
    synthesis, and enhanced Mg(+2)-ATPase activity. (+)Usnic acid at a
    concentration of 0.75 microM inhibited ADP/O ratio by 50%, caused
    maximal stimulation of both state-4 respiration (100%) and ATPase
    activity (300%). Atranorin was the only lichen acid with no
    significant effect on ATPase. The uncoupling effect was dose-dependent
    in all cases. The minimal concentrations required to cause complete
    uncoupling of oxidative phosphorylation were as follows: (+)usnic acid
    (1 microM), vulpinic acid, atranorin (5 microM) and DNP (50 microM).
    It was postulated that the three lichen acids induce uncoupling by
    acting on the inner mitochondrial membrane through their lipophilic
    properties and protonophoric activities.
    0 (Benzofurans)
    0 (Furans)
    0 (Hydroxybenzoic Acids)
    0 (Oligomycins)
    0 (Phenylacetates)
    0 (Uncoupling Agents)
    125-46-2 (usnic acid)
    479-20-9 (atranorin)
    51-28-5 (2,4-Dinitrophenol)
    56-65-5 (Adenosine Triphosphate)
    73622-57-8 (vulpinic acid)
    EC 3.6.1.- (Ca(2+) Mg(2+)-ATPase)
    Entry Date(s): Date Created: 19961101 Date Completed: 19961101
    Citation ID(s): PMID: 8726330 Medline UI: 96289784

Rlang - take note - that only took me 2 minutes to do.

"The lichen acids exhibited characteristics of the 2,4-dinitrophenol (DNP), a classical uncoupler of oxidative phosphorylation."

Lichen acids as uncouplers of oxidative phosphorylation of mouse-liver mitochondria.
    Nat Toxins. 1996;4(2):96-102

That took about 10 seconds....

Why are we siting sources? Should we have to?

bump for brwnsugr

princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lichen acids as uncouplers of oxidative phosphorylation of mouse-liver mitochondria.

Abo-Khatwa AN, al-Robai AA, al-Jawhari DA.

Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

Three lichen acids-namely, (+)usnic acid, vulpinic acid, and atranorin-were isolated from three lichen species (Usnea articulata, Letharia vulpina, and Parmelia tinctorum, respectively). The effects of these lichen products on mice-liver mitochondrial oxidative functions in various respiratory states and on oxidative phosphorylation were studied polarographically in vitro. The lichen acids exhibited characteristics of the 2,4-dinitrophenol (DNP), a classical uncoupler of oxidative phosphorylation. Thus, they released respiratory control and oligomycin inhibited respiration, hindered ATP synthesis, and enhanced Mg(+2)-ATPase activity. (+)Usnic acid at a concentration of 0.75 microM inhibited ADP/O ratio by 50%, caused maximal stimulation of both state-4 respiration (100%) and ATPase activity (300%). Atranorin was the only lichen acid with no significant effect on ATPase. The uncoupling effect was dose-dependent in all cases. The minimal concentrations required to cause complete uncoupling of oxidative phosphorylation were as follows: (+)usnic acid (1 microM), vulpinic acid, atranorin (5 microM) and DNP (50 microM). It was postulated that the three lichen acids induce uncoupling by acting on the inner mitochondrial membrane through their lipophilic properties and protonophoric activities.

PMID: 8726330 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

i found this it may or may not awnser questions so i posted it

Yeah. Thats the one I found in 30 seconds. I just didn't post the whole thing. The one sentence I posted says enough. But good job at proving once again, that he's wrong.

Registered User WHOSYOURDADDY02's Avatar
    WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Heres to Usnic Acid! On Monday I weighed in at 178, today, 175....I haven't been able to get down to 175 since March 23rd. Ive been using about 400mg in the evenings.
    I don't sell UA...

Doogie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Interested in UA but...

I was wondering if it is safe for an 18 year old to take as part of a cutting cycle (about 6 weeks into my cutting)...I have taken ECA's for a few years now so I am well aware of their pros / cons. Also, I know that Adipo is good to take with the UA, but obviously next to impossible to find (weeping uncontrollably)...would TriCuts II stacked with Caffeine pills work well or should I stick with an ECA...I will also be using Lipoderm Y in conjunction with this stack so any help you have would be appreciated...BTW, I am 18, 5' 8" 180 pounds at 12% bodyfat...I'm interested in getting down to about 8 or 9 percent...Would adding ALA to the mix help at all or would this be overkill? Also, is it true that you need to bump up carbohydrate intake while on UA? (I believe this is what was stated about DNP and I believe they have similar uncoupling action). If I do decide to take it would 2 weeks on 2 weeks off be a good idea or should this be altered? Sorry for all of the questions, but I would really appreciate answers from such intelligent bros as yourselves...Thanks for any help you can provide...