Registered User negative_progression's Avatar
    negative_progression has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Crossfit on keto?

I was wondering, if anyone is familiar with the Crossfit workout of the day program...

I currently do a lot of heavy compounds on the first day after my carb-up (squats, bench, deads, incline bench, row), to get the most out of all those carbs I loaded up. After that I'm trying to find something else to fill out the rest of the week. I had been doing a 5x5 but I think my body needs a change to make things interesting. I was wondering if taking Tuesday off (Sat/Sun are my carb-ups and Monday's the massive compounds), then doing Wednesday-Saturday of doing the Crossfit warmup + the W.O.D, and probably some additional running, would be enough to sufficiently deplete me by Saturday? I know the goal is to do a workout the day of carb-up that fully depletes everything, and most of the W.O.D's hit almost everything, but would this be enough?

Alternatively I thought of doing the heavy lifting, 3 or maybe 4 days of Crossfit, and then another circuit lifting day or something on Saturday to make sure I empty out the tank on everything.

For those not familiar with Crossfit, crossfit.com is probably the best source of info, but to try to explain it as simply as possible it's just a wide variety of workouts that will often completely beat you down, including a lot of running, pullups, pushups, dips, squats, thrusters, deads, snatches, and lots of other exercises (not all in the same day)...they assign a different workout each day, and they're done full intensity with the goal often being to hit a personal best in time of completion.

I dono, I've done a few of them now and it looks fun, just wondering if anyone has opinions on how well it would fit into the keto scheme of things.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Never tried it myself, but I know someone who does it very successfully on keto.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders