musclemilk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclemilk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclemilk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclemilk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

my chest strength hit a wall, please help

here is my split

mon-legs
    3x5 squat
    3x8 leg press
    3x8 sldl
    calf work
    wed-chest
    3x5 flat barbell
    3x5 incline dumbells
    3x12 flat flyes
    abs
    thurs-back
    3x8 deads
    3x6 rows
    3x6 pull downs
    pullups
    fri-shoulders
    3x5 military
    3x12 rear delt
    3x15 shrugs
    abs
    sat-arms
    3x5 straight bar
    3x5 preacher
    3x5 close grip bench
    3x5 skulls

my chest hit a wall with strength, nothing else really hit a wall. i am an extomorph and i am still eating like a pig trying to gain weight.

i been using this workout for sometime and i am still making gains. This five day split has put on the most weight for me. I am not sure what to do. I need to always proritize legs to the first of the week cause i have chicken legs and mabey they will never be big legs, but i still gotta work em.

suggestinos needed ,,,,thanks

Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000)
    Have you ever tried doing leaning forward weighted dips for your chest? If not, I would highly recommend giving it a shot. If you can't add weight yet, don't worry, just do your bodyweight for now, then as you get stronger and progress, add weight with the dipping belt.
    If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you always got.

musclemilk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclemilk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclemilk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclemilk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have done them ....they work ok.

kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    magical 3 by 8 again, must mean two sets is undertraining and 4 is overtraining , if not then you would be doing either 2 or 4. See why mentzer training is best now.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    if chest has hit a wall, from that split i'd say it's either

-you're overworked
    -your body can't handle being close to 100% 1rm (since 4-5reps puts you 85-90% about)

also, that's not a very hot split

main problem

day1- chest
    day2-back
    day3-shoulder
    day-4arms

shouldres are practically worked everyday for 4straight days, shouldn't really have back after chest because it needs some time to recover (from acting as stabilizer and whatnot in chest movements), and triceps will be drained from shoulder movements.
    <->

well, i am responding well to a five day split. Should i mabey try out a different order?

meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000)
    How long have you been doing this split?
    Bulking.

Check out my Cre Ethyl Thunder Log:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=387162

well i been doing the 5 rep thing since june, the only body part i havent changed at all is my leg and chest routine. MY other muscles i have changed the exercises or orders here and there.

my prob here right now is that i am an ectomorph and i need to eat alot!!!.

i know that food is my only friend right now and that calories are going to help me gain all the weight i want.

I never trained my legs properly, and now i am playing catchup with my upper body(aside from the fact that i have chicken legs..i wasnt blesed with big legs)

i need some weight on my legs especially my calves. Hey if i dont ever get big legs that is fine, but i still am focusing on deads and squats.

I might need to switch to a 4 day split 2 on 1 off 2 on. Mabey that could help me.

recently i have been drinking a lot of whole milk cause i know that can really put on some weight.

basically i beleive my leg and chest workout might need to change

meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Take a week off
    Bulking.

i just recently took 2 weeks off
    due to surgery

i have a feeling it is my split.....i know that most people recomened a 3 day split for a bulker, but i tryed it and it didnt work well for me. MY body needs to be in the gym a little more than that. I was thinking of a 4 day split like this.

mon-legs- 3xsquat 3xleg press 3xsldl
    tues-chest\tris\abs 3xflat 3x incline 3x flyes
    wed-off
    thurs-back\bis 3x deads 3x rows 3xpulldowns
    fr-shoulders traps\abs 3xmilitary 3x rear delts 3xshrugs

not sure about calves but mabey i will start training them 3 x a week. I am also not sure about my rep range casue i been doing 5 reps and that is waht i need to put on mass. Need some help guys.,.

Bulking.

Mr-Mist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr-Mist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr-Mist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr-Mist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr-Mist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr-Mist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr-Mist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr-Mist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr-Mist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr-Mist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr-Mist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by musclemilk
    i just recently took 2 weeks off
    due to surgery
    What kind of surgery? Did it have any relation to lifting?

got my tonsilles taken out.

meathead ...what do you recomend for gaining weight for someone of my body type. I am 5'10 172lbs with really low bf. I know my answer isnt the flex mag workout aka lifitng 7 days a week with lots of drop sets :-)

Originally Posted by musclemilk
    got my tonsilles taken out.
    haha

good workouts:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...readid=289834&
    Bulking.

i might throw in some 20 rep squats for my leg wokrout and see how that works out.