Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000) Sp1ke is just really nice. (+1000)

Cardio before weight or after?

Which would be more benefical? cardio before weights or cardio after weights?

I know you shouldn'tmix those in the same day but I HAVE to do it, since my car was wrecked and I have to wait at the grym for 3 hours for the next week, I figured why not spend it on cardio?

Now my dilemma is , if i doc ardio before I wont have energy for weights, but if i do cardio after the muscle might get eaten more than fat since i used glycogen stores for lifting .

Please comment asap!

Edit- Also comment on my diet

6:50am - Protien shake with raw oats

10:30am - Usually chicken sandwhich

3pm - Some chicken and rice or subway

3:30-workout

4:30 - protein shake

7:00- tuna can

10- whatever my mom cooks
    Last edited by Sp1ke; 09-16-2004 at 06:03 PM.

Tilldeath is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tilldeath is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tilldeath is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tilldeath is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tilldeath is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tilldeath is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tilldeath is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tilldeath is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tilldeath is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tilldeath is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tilldeath is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bump in hopes of an answer

twblue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i wouldn't do cardio at all on a lifting day. you're training opposite systems (anaerobic and aerobic). this leads to small gains because cardio is a catabolic exercise. but if you have to choose before or after, i would go with after.

9ball has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Definetly after bro. Never ever do cardio before a workout unless it is a brief and easy 5 minute speed walk or something to help get loose and your blood circulating.

BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000)
    definetely after, the only cardio u should do b4 weights is when u do a warm up on the bike

and i wouldnt worry too much about losing muscle after a workout - cardio after weights is one of the most ideal times to burn body fat

good luck
    It's being a part of the Red, White and Green that makes me a Rooting Machine. And when you feel my mighty Stallion, you will know you have been with a true Italian. :D

Edit Dec 2009: ^^^^^^^^^^^^ I was gay when I was 15.

IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Neither.

Cardio before - tires you out for the workout
    Intense cardio/cardio longer than 5 minutes - you won't be able to drink your postworkout shake which is most important.

Try seperate them by 3-4 meals (so cardio morning weights at night vice-versa)

BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by IGF
    Neither.

Cardio before - tires you out for the workout
    Intense cardio/cardio longer than 5 minutes - you won't be able to drink your postworkout shake which is most important.

Try seperate them by 3-4 meals (so cardio morning weights at night vice-versa)
    What do you mean by not being able to drink his post workout shake? How does doing intense cardio have anything to do with that?

I'm not being a smartass I'm just curious that's all coz I honestly have no idea what you mean by that.
    It's being a part of the Red, White and Green that makes me a Rooting Machine. And when you feel my mighty Stallion, you will know you have been with a true Italian. :D

IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    thanks for asking the question nicely. You get props

But anyways it would be pretty difficult (and also would stop or slow down gastric emptying - thats if his body doesnt vomit up the drink) to drink his post workout shake while doing an intensive cardio session.

ohhhh so u mean drinking the shake after weights and then doing cardio

i thought u meant doing weights, then cardio then taking the shake

thx for clearing that up

sibiltu will become famous soon enough. (+50) sibiltu will become famous soon enough. (+50) sibiltu will become famous soon enough. (+50) sibiltu will become famous soon enough. (+50) sibiltu will become famous soon enough. (+50) sibiltu will become famous soon enough. (+50) sibiltu will become famous soon enough. (+50) sibiltu will become famous soon enough. (+50) sibiltu will become famous soon enough. (+50) sibiltu will become famous soon enough. (+50) sibiltu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    really you should do neither. Cardio should be left for days when you are resting or cutting a lot.

MAX: 5 min before to warm up
    MAX: 5 min LIGHT cardio after to warm down.