Big_Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big_Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big_Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big_Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big_Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big_Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big_Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big_Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big_Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big_Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big_Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Anybody have a stubborn back?

If your back just wont grow , no matter what you've been doing try this routine for a change.

My back wasnt grown much at all but ever since the first time I did this routine, my back would get incredibly pumped.

Do this exactly

Deadlifts- 8 sets - start light but finnish really heavy around 2-3reps
    wide grip chin ups- 3 sets start with a medium grip then go wider as your sets progress
    close grip chin ups- 2 sets go with a shoulder width grip
    one arm dumbell rows - 3 sets or until you just cant anymore
    By the end your back will be so pumped you wont beleive it.

It's very important that you do not workout any other bodypart on this day beacause you will want all your energy to go into this workout.

Now the hardest thing besides the actual workout is waking up the next day with your back sore like you've never felt it before.

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    doesn't seem like anything special to me

pull ups >chin ups for lat development...

that's an awful alot of sets for the deads though...

also pump doens't mean **** when it comes to growth..

my back routine seems more intense then that if you ask me...

deads X5 / hyperextensions X3 (alternate bi-weekly)
    pull ups X3
    tbar rows X3
    db rows X3

after this my lats/biceps/shoudlers are so killed its not even funny... but I"ll throw in like 4 heavy sets for biceps..

sorry but nothing special about ur routine
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)

Talking

"Do this exactly"

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    most my back grows great, but the part i want the most more than anything else is the slowest muscle for me hypertrophy wise, lats
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

Big_Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big_Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big_Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big_Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big_Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big_Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big_Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big_Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big_Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big_Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big_Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It lies mostly in the 8 deads, if you're having a hard time growing there, trust me it will explode your back into some new growth.

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Wink

Originally Posted by Big_Mike
    If your back just wont grow , no matter what you've been doing try this routine for a change.

My back wasnt grown much at all but ever since the first time I did this routine, my back would get incredibly pumped.

Do this exactly

Deadlifts- 8 sets - start light but finnish really heavy around 2-3reps
    wide grip chin ups- 3 sets start with a medium grip then go wider as your sets progress
    close grip chin ups- 2 sets go with a shoulder width grip
    one arm dumbell rows - 3 sets or until you just cant anymore
    By the end your back will be so pumped you wont beleive it.

It's very important that you do not workout any other bodypart on this day beacause you will want all your energy to go into this workout.

Now the hardest thing besides the actual workout is waking up the next day with your back sore like you've never felt it before.
    I have problems with my LATS (width) because I have high lats and tight scapula and strong arms. My best exercises are the close parallel grip chin and DB pullovers across a bench.

Question though, what happens if I Don't do it EXACTLY

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Question

It lies mostly in the 8 deads, if you're having a hard time growing there, trust me it will explode your back into some new growth.

What aspect of your "back" are you talking about?

hehe, well I suppose you could change some things, hehe. But i've had problems with back thickness a width, i've always wanted a bigger back. This routine helped me accomplish that.

Thumbs up

hehe, well I suppose you could change some things, hehe. But i've had problems with back thickness a width, i've always wanted a bigger back. This routine helped me accomplish that.
    For thickness I would agree, though I believe a routine of 8 sets of bent rows would produce superior results, due to the a. range of motion and b. the muscles targeted.

But you can't argue with results.

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Well I have always had problems with back thickness and width also. But when I started doing this routine about 6 months ago, my back gained width and has started to feel out.

Width- Weighted chinups with thumbless grip, pullups, close grip pullups, close grip hammer chins

Thickness- Close grip bentover rows, bentover rows with both overhand and underhand grips, neutral gip t-bar rows, kettlebell pullovers, weighted hyperextensions.

Laying the Smackdown. Rocky_Maivia's Avatar
    Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Best exercises (for me) have always been

Pull-ups
    V-bar Lat Pull-down
    Barbell Row
    Cable Row with W-Bar (shoulder width hammer grip)

A weight I can do 4-8 reps with always gave best results for my back. Even using a bit of momentum to handle extra weight. Kinda wierd since my other muscle groups seem to respond better in the 8-15 range with slow controlled movements.
    neg reds on sight crew

Registered User SpAcEmAn Spliff's Avatar
    SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpAcEmAn Spliff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    can someone direct me to a good instructive site with instructions on how to deadlift?
    i think id better start incorperatin that into back, but im scared to do it because it sounds dangerous if you dont work out wit a spot (which i dont)

Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    8 sets of deadlift is bordering on overtraining. Deads are extremely taxing on your body, including nervous system, and you dont want to overdo it.