Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    LIFT2beHUGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LIFT2beHUGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LIFT2beHUGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LIFT2beHUGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LIFT2beHUGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LIFT2beHUGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LIFT2beHUGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LIFT2beHUGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LIFT2beHUGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LIFT2beHUGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LIFT2beHUGE is on a distinguished road. (+10)

LIFT's time to shine- CEX

This is going to be my first log so if I leave anything out - screw off. Just kidding, ask and you shall receive.
    I will be using CEX and I started yesterday (monday 13th)

BACKGROUND: working on my 5th yr of lifting and 21st yr of living. I have also had surgery that put me out for 2 months, but I am pretty much back. I am also a monohydrate non-responder (except for the bloat) so it will be interesting to see if this works for me or not.

MY WORKOUTS: I do a 3 day split with A and B days. workout 5 days a wk.
    A days -
    A1 Chest and Tris (bench, flies, close grip bench, pushdowns)
    A2 Legs and Shoulders Traps(squat, ext, calves, military,dumbell,shrugs)
    A3 Back and bi's (Lat pull dn, pull ups, semi dl, straight bar curl, cable curls)

B days -
    B1 Chest and Tris (Incline, incline db, dips, overhead ext.)
    B2 Legs and Shoulders traps (leg press, ham curls, calves, raises, shrugs)
    B3 Back and bi's (bent over rows, cable rows, hyper ext., ez bar curls, machine curls)

I don't exactly have a set diet, but 90% of the time I eat eggs, chicken, burger patties (or small steak), tuna, and 2-3 shakes a day for protein. I also eat 1-2 servings of veggies, 1 fruit, and complex carbs ( oats, potatoes, yams, brown rice)

INITIAL thoughts - typical VPX look and lingo, and tastes like borderline cat piss, but taste is hardly a factor for me. I took my first 2 doses yesterday and I already had the much reported sleep trouble. Matter of fact, it was the worst night's sleep I have had in a long time - I will try taking this earlier in the day to see if it helps. Strength and endurance obviously the same.
    -SOLID-

Steps to success:
    1.EAT
    2.Lift
    3.EAT
    4.Poop
    5.EAT
    6.Sleep
    7.Repeat

warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

good luck. I think ur gonna like it.
    "It's not that i'm that smart, it's just i picked a profession where everybody is stupid" Patrick Arnold

"Yes I Get That Your Balls Might Shrink While On It...but Last Time I Checked I Didnt Fuxk With My Balls Its The Shaft You Use Isnt It? And It Dosent Shrink...." Pro Lee Priest

LIFT2beHUGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LIFT2beHUGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LIFT2beHUGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LIFT2beHUGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LIFT2beHUGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LIFT2beHUGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LIFT2beHUGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LIFT2beHUGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LIFT2beHUGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LIFT2beHUGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) LIFT2beHUGE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yesterday I was loaded down with too many thing to do - so I didnt get to lift. That always bothers me, but there was no way around it. I took only one dose (as I will always do on non-training days) earlier in the day and I slept better so we will see if the sonner you take it the better you sleep or if it was bc I only took 1 dose instead of 2. I will be in the gym tonight around 8 and will report back later.
    -SOLID-

Steps to success:
    1.EAT
    2.Lift
    3.EAT
    4.Poop
    5.EAT
    6.Sleep
    7.Repeat

Tonight I felt a bit more energy and I took it later in the evening again so that is why I am still up. Strength is still even steven, but I did not tire out as easily. Will update tomorrow. The main things I am going to lay out are Strength, Sleep, Energy, and Recovery.
    -SOLID-

Steps to success:
    1.EAT
    2.Lift
    3.EAT
    4.Poop
    5.EAT
    6.Sleep
    7.Repeat

*Worked out back and bi's today*
    Strength: I have actually already upped some reps for exercises this was not expected, but I won't complain.

Energy: I got about 4-5 hrs last night so I wasn't expecting a champagne with bubbles time in the gym, but I actually felt energized as soon as I got started. And I am the kinda person that needs his sleep.

Recovery: I am barely even sore from my first workout this wk (Chest and Tri's) - this isn't the fastest time, but I workout to max failure so I usually stay sore for a good few days.

Sleep: Obviously it is still affecting it or so it would seem - hopefully I sleep better tonight. But it will take longer to assess whether or not it is the CEX and if what time I take it makes a difference.

*** Side note, this stuff has been making me feel great mood wise. I really do get a sense of well-being that I noticed today (but could also have been just a good day) Is anyone else that is taking this feeling the same???
    -SOLID-

Steps to success:
    1.EAT
    2.Lift
    3.EAT
    4.Poop
    5.EAT
    6.Sleep
    7.Repeat

ethanaloha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi,

Great log!
    I wanted to know if your cex bottle has a plastic seal? I just recieved a bottle and it does not have one, but when I unscrewed the cover I notice the inner cover is slightly open and not tightly sealed. So Iam not sure if I should get a new bottle which I order from ***.

thanks

It didn't have plastic wrapping - just the bottle, but when I unscrewed the lid there was a tight seal that I had to break open.
    -SOLID-

Steps to success:
    1.EAT
    2.Lift
    3.EAT
    4.Poop
    5.EAT
    6.Sleep
    7.Repeat

Thanks again!

Do you use 2/3 tsp? Iam thinking of using 1/2tsp since there is no 2/3 tsp, but not sure if that is to much.

thanks

As of right now i am using 1/2, but not level - a little rounded scoop. Dosing it twice a day - 30min to 1 hr before my workout and then within 30 min after my w/o.
    -SOLID-

Steps to success:
    1.EAT
    2.Lift
    3.EAT
    4.Poop
    5.EAT
    6.Sleep
    7.Repeat

cool!
    I guess I will do the same, Its amazing how little you need compared to regular creatine. When did you notice the cex kicking in? etc pumps and strength? How is the vascularity?

thanks again

warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000)
    sorry if it seems like im stealing the thread. When i started CEX it kicked in about the 4th day. I have a log on it if u wanna check it out.
    "It's not that i'm that smart, it's just i picked a profession where everybody is stupid" Patrick Arnold

"Yes I Get That Your Balls Might Shrink While On It...but Last Time I Checked I Didnt Fuxk With My Balls Its The Shaft You Use Isnt It? And It Dosent Shrink...." Pro Lee Priest

Originally Posted by ethanaloha
    cool!
    I guess I will do the same, Its amazing how little you need compared to regular creatine. When did you notice the cex kicking in? etc pumps and strength? How is the vascularity?

thanks again
    The pumps so far are about average, but I do stay pumped a little longer than usual. I noticed the vascularity yesterday after finishing up bi's in my 'ceps, and forearms. So that is already being affected and Lifty likey.
    -SOLID-

Steps to success:
    1.EAT
    2.Lift
    3.EAT
    4.Poop
    5.EAT
    6.Sleep
    7.Repeat

Originally Posted by warriors
    sorry if it seems like im stealing the thread. When i started CEX it kicked in about the 4th day. I have a log on it if u wanna check it out.
    nah it's cool share whatever input and questions you have man.
    -SOLID-

Steps to success:
    1.EAT
    2.Lift
    3.EAT
    4.Poop
    5.EAT
    6.Sleep
    7.Repeat

Location: "You wanna play games? Well when it's game time, it's pain time!"
    Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Footballstar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    **Subscribe**

*Worked out Chest and Tri's today*
    Strength: I upped my reps again and the pumps came on nice and full, but didn't last as hardcore as the initial w/o pump- yet they are still lasting outside the gym.

Energy: I literally felt like I could go all night (imagine if this were a sex supp. ) I can't really feel my muscles fatigue while repping, the only reason I stop is bc I can't lift it anymore. It in a way numbs me.

Recovery: Soreness is becoming a non-issue now. It is weird to say, but I almost miss waking up and hurting. I am a little sore the day after and that's it.

Sleep: I slept better last night and I also took it earlier in the day. hhmmmm.

***Side note - I will be working out tom. to make up for the day I missed this wk. It will be Legs and Shoulders/traps.
    -SOLID-

Steps to success:
    1.EAT
    2.Lift
    3.EAT
    4.Poop
    5.EAT
    6.Sleep
    7.Repeat

ur gettin the same results i am so far. Specially the energy one. I lift heavy and before i got cex i usually had to take a good 3 min rest between sets but since being on cex i prolly hadnt had to rest but 1:30 sec to 2 min at the most.

ALL NATURAL AND PROUD youngvet1's Avatar
    Location: In a world with a small population-- where inner strength and pride is just as important as outer. Yes thats me in the profile pic and Ive only begun
    youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    subscribes
    I am young but I am no rookie. I live, breathe, and flourish in the the trenches; where the chalk dust flies and newbies look and wonder how can I get that body. They reason that he must be on steroids or ph's but I have never and will never punish my health with such things. I am living proof that hard + smart work+time+patience is all that is required to not only look the best you can, but to live and be the best that you can be. Yeah Yeah I am a veteran!

Legs and shoulders/traps
    Strength: Well nothing much happened today as far as that goes, I did go up 5 lbs on dumbells for shoudler presses though - everything else stayed the same. ( But I did miss a meal yesterday, went to sleep @ 5 am, and had only one meal before my w/o today ) so all of that probably contributed. This won't happen again bc I usually don't workout on wkends.

Energy: still had plenty of it, and that numb feeling I was talking about - fuget aboutit - I felt the burn today so maybe it was just in my head the other day.

Recovery: No soreness now from my back and bi's w/o and my chest and tri's are only noticeable if I stretch out.

Sleep: It is getting a lot better - my advice is to take it as far away from your bed time as possible.

**FIRST WK SUMMARY** I am liking the energy, and pumps. I wish the pumps would last a little longer, but we will see how that goes. I have already had an increase in reps and weight on some exercises so YEAH FOR ME!!! Will shoot some more of my meaningless thoughts next wk people - have a good rest of the wkend 'ya chumps!
    -SOLID-

Steps to success:
    1.EAT
    2.Lift
    3.EAT
    4.Poop
    5.EAT
    6.Sleep
    7.Repeat

Back and Bi's
    Strength: Went up yet again in reps on everything and 5lbs with my straight bar curls. The pumps are ok - not too strong and they are still lasting a little longer.

Energy: You know the deal - plenty of it.

Recovery: I am not sore at all from saturday's legs and shoulder/trap w/o so this seems to be improving big time and I need that bc I hit every muscle twice every 3-5 days depending on the wk.

Sleep: The earlier I take it the better I sleep and I sleep sooouuunnd. But I took it later tonight so this will test my pattern again.

**Side note - the vascularity is awesome
    -SOLID-

Steps to success:
    1.EAT
    2.Lift
    3.EAT
    4.Poop
    5.EAT
    6.Sleep
    7.Repeat

Ginobili has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ginobili has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ginobili has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ginobili has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ginobili has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ginobili has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ginobili has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ginobili has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ginobili has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ginobili has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ginobili has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice log.
    Don't hate the playa hate the game!!!
    Go Spurs Go!!!
    Soy un Don Juan!!

Looks like things are looking good!
    Iam on my 4day on cex and so far I notice some strength increase, endurance and energy through my workouts. My muscles look and feel fuller as for the pump seems like each workout its getting better.

LIFT's has your vascularity been getting better each workout?

thanks

powercat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powercat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powercat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powercat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powercat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powercat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not to but in, but I've been on CEX along with OX for 3 weeks now, and I really started noticing the strength increases after a week or so. I don't really notice much for pumps or vascularity, but so far it is my favorite creatine---I get the strength, and I am not nearly as bloated, especially in the face, as I am on monohydrate. Good luck with it, I think you'll be pleased. Oh yeah, I've noticed if I take it close to bed I sleep like ****, so be careful with that, give yourself at least a couple hours.

Originally Posted by Ginobili
    Nice log.
    appreciate it fellow rep whore
    -SOLID-

Steps to success:
    1.EAT
    2.Lift
    3.EAT
    4.Poop
    5.EAT
    6.Sleep
    7.Repeat

Originally Posted by ethanaloha
    Looks like things are looking good!
    Iam on my 4day on cex and so far I notice some strength increase, endurance and energy through my workouts. My muscles look and feel fuller as for the pump seems like each workout its getting better.

LIFT's has your vascularity been getting better each workout?

thanks
    I would say yes bc I am not very vascular to begin with - just my body type and my bf might not be low enough as well- either way the veins I do have are more pronounced.
    -SOLID-

Steps to success:
    1.EAT
    2.Lift
    3.EAT
    4.Poop
    5.EAT
    6.Sleep
    7.Repeat

Originally Posted by powercat
    Not to but in, but I've been on CEX along with OX for 3 weeks now, and I really started noticing the strength increases after a week or so. I don't really notice much for pumps or vascularity, but so far it is my favorite creatine---I get the strength, and I am not nearly as bloated, especially in the face, as I am on monohydrate. Good luck with it, I think you'll be pleased. Oh yeah, I've noticed if I take it close to bed I sleep like ****, so be careful with that, give yourself at least a couple hours.
    Yea the pumps are ok - I wish they were stronger bc I actually like the pump feeling (some think it is overrated but I love it). I also get the dang chipmunk face from mono and not much else. Sleep is definitely affected like you are saying -the later you take it the harder it is to sleep. I keep trying to take it earlier, but some days it just isn't possible.
    -SOLID-

Steps to success:
    1.EAT
    2.Lift
    3.EAT
    4.Poop
    5.EAT
    6.Sleep
    7.Repeat

vegetafever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

what should i do togehter chest adn bic or chest tricept

i'm doing
    chest and bi
    and
    tri and traps

the last day i do shoulders and back

tell me if i'm doing something wrong

Originally Posted by vegetafever
    i'm doing
    chest and bi
    and
    tri and traps

I would do:

chest
    back and bi's
    legs
    shoulders,traps, and tri's.

Originally Posted by vegetafever
    i'm doing
    chest and bi
    and
    tri and traps

Where are the leg workouts?
    Different plans work for different people - you see what I do.
    I have also done dogg pound training which I LOVED and one muscle group a day.

I have seen others do something like this:
    Chest tri's
    Legs
    Back bi's
    Shoulders traps
    -SOLID-

Steps to success:
    1.EAT
    2.Lift
    3.EAT
    4.Poop
    5.EAT
    6.Sleep
    7.Repeat

Ok I didn't get in the gym yesterday - I know, I know I should be beaten with a splintered piece of wood with rusty nails. I did go tonite though and I am not pleased.
    *Chest and Tri's*
    Strength: Nothing - just a good pump

Energy: Yea I had it, but I couldn't lift tonite.

Recovery: Still awesome.

Sleep: Doing pretty good - it is my fault for going to bed late.

All in all, I had a CRAPPY w/o tonite. I am pretty sure it is my fault bc the past few days I have been going to bed later than I should and sometimes missing a meal. This will NOT happen anymore bc I am starting to piss myself off. Plus I want to give a good review for you ladies
    ***Side note I had a pump in my abs after working them out - weird, and I like weird.
    -SOLID-

Steps to success:
    1.EAT
    2.Lift
    3.EAT
    4.Poop
    5.EAT
    6.Sleep
    7.Repeat

OCPDnate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

what about this

mono creatine (some brands) warn that you should not prepare a solution in andvance (8 hours) because as the stuff is suspened in the water for that long it is rendered ineffective?

is this also the case with CEX?
    i haven't been able to find much info on the stuff and was just wondering if anyone knew

thanks