MIKEJAMES25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What are some good plans for losing bodyfat and gaining muscle at the same time?

I'm having a hard time with this right now.

I've gained some muscle but my bodyfat is not going anywhere.

I lift 3 days a week and on those days I do 25 minutes of cardio. I also do abs on these days (decline sit ups). My upper abs I can see but my lower abs need some work.

Then I do cardio every other day for 45 minutes except for Sunday thats my free day.

I eat:

Breakfast - 1 egg, 3 egg whites, oatmeal or toast (whole wheat) Then take GNC Sport Multi-Vitamin and fish oil.

Lunch - Turkey Sandwich with mustard and an orange or chicken breast with sweet potato.

Dinner - Chicken breast with sweet potato or steak.

Pre workout - 1 Banana

Post workout - 1 scoop of CellMass then about an hour later 1 scoop of protein 24g and skim milk.

I've went with that eating habit and I tried eating 6 meals adding fat free cottage cheese and a fruit for my in between snacks and I don't gain or lose weight and my bodyfat dose not move. It stays steady at around 24.0%.

Does anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by MIKEJAMES25; 06-22-2007 at 11:07 AM.

Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keto...High Fat(65%), Moderate Protein(30%), low carbs (5%)

Trains your body to use fat for energy...and the protein maintains and builds your muscles

Originally Posted by Starky1177 View Post
    Keto...High Fat(65%), Moderate Protein(30%), low carbs (5%)

Trains your body to use fat for energy...and the protein maintains and builds your muscles
    Has anyone tried this? I don't want to gain more fat.

I was actually told a few months ago by my doctor to eat low fat and high in fiber because I had high blood pressure but its normal now that I've been exercising and eating right.

Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Zig-zagging worked well for me. Maintenance - 500 cals for 4 days and Maintenance + 500 cals for 3 days. I used a macro of 40\40\20, but you could probably tweak that a bit. Keeps the body out of balance and no plateau effect. It will take longer to cut or bulk, if that is your goal, but will do a nice recomp, if that is what you need. Search zig-zagging. There are lots of threads.

Have a good one.
    My Will Is Hot Molten Lava

Heat/Fins/Marlins/The U anonymous123's Avatar
    anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000) anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000) anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000) anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000) anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000) anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000) anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000) anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000) anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000) anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000) anonymous123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MIKEJAMES25 View Post

I was actually told a few months ago by my doctor to eat low fat and high in fiber because I had high blood pressure but its normal now that I've been exercising and eating right.
    Don't be scared of fats. Fats in food don't make you fat, excess calories do. Certain kinds of fat are actually very healthy and it's important you get them. Here's a link to the keto boards...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumd...e=1&forumid=61

BTW, I'm not necessarily advocating a keto diet, I'm just pointing you in the direction of some to give you more information.

ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

I've done it and it works great. It's just to hard for me though, I need my carbs.

Read the keto forum. You need to has a day of eating lots of carbs if you do everything right.

Originally Posted by ck85abc View Post
    I've done it and it works great. It's just to hard for me though, I need my carbs.

Read the keto forum. You need to has a day of eating lots of carbs if you do everything right.
    Yeah, I think I need my carbs too. Sometimes when I start lifting I feel as if I have no energy at all. Thats why I usually try to eat a banana before I work out. I read that it is suppose to give you enough energy for a 90 minute workout but it doesn't always work for me.

Wow, I was just reading the Keto forum threads from the link above and thats crazy. I've done the Atkins a few years ago and I dropped weight but I wasn't exercising at all. So I guess I could see how it works. I've been on a very low fat diet so this is kinda crazy to me. But I might give it a try. Is there a place where I could get a meal plan for my weight? I weigh between 176-178 pounds.

Also does anyone have before and after photos from doing this?
    Last edited by MIKEJAMES25; 06-22-2007 at 12:10 PM.

STEADY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STEADY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STEADY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STEADY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STEADY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STEADY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STEADY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STEADY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STEADY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STEADY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STEADY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Hotmoltenlava View Post
    Zig-zagging worked well for me. Maintenance - 500 cals for 4 days and Maintenance + 500 cals for 3 days. I used a macro of 40\40\20, but you could probably tweak that a bit. Keeps the body out of balance and no plateau effect. It will take longer to cut or bulk, if that is your goal, but will do a nice recomp, if that is what you need. Search zig-zagging. There are lots of threads.

Have a good one.
    This is (or can be) quite effective. I also like taking creatine to help at least retain muscle while eating below maintenance.
    Goal = 180+ @ 33.00" Across Navel

ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've used it, works great. However, I don't have the willpower to cut carbs out of my diet 6 days a week.

Yeah, I think I need my carbs too. Sometimes when I start lifting I feel as if I have no energy at all. Thats why I usually try to eat a banana before I work out. I read that it is suppose to give you enough energy for a 90 minute workout but it doesn't always work for me.

Wow, I was just reading the Keto forum threads from the link above and thats crazy. I've done the Atkins a few years ago and I dropped weight but I wasn't exercising at all. So I guess I could see how it works. I've been on a very low fat diet so this is kinda crazy to me. But I might give it a try. Is there a place where I could get a meal plan for my weight? I weigh between 176-178 pounds.

Also does anyone have before and after photos from doing this?

I don't think my body really needs the carbs. My body did just fine. It was the willpower that I lacked in. I just can't resist carbs.