LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Changing the diet a bit, and upping calories.. what do you think?

I've been bulking.. put on sick amounts of strength but not so much size.. so I'm thinking of increasing the calories a bit... like 300 or so...

This is a clean bulking diet btw..

I'm 5'5"

153LB's at about 14% BF...

Meal1: 10 Egg Whites, 1/2 Cup Steel-Cut Oats /w Skim Milk
    Add ons - 2 Slices Fat Free Cheese, Splenda

P - 73G / C - 70G / F - 4G / Calories - 608

_____
    Meal2: Pasta, 1 Can Tuna Fish
    Add ons - Fat Free Ranch Dressing

P - 40G / C - 50G / F - 3G / Calories - 387

_____
    Meal3: 2 Scoops Whey, 1 Scoop Gatorade Fruit Punch Powder, 5G Creatine Monohydrate

P - 46G / C - 63G / F - 1G / 445

_____
    Meal4: 1 Chicken Breast, 1 Sweet Potato
    Add ons - Splenda

P - 35G / C - 40G / F - 3G / Calories - 327

_____
    Meal5: 5 Egg Whites, 1/2 Cup Steel-Cut Oats
    Add ons: 2 Slices Fat Free Cheese, Splenda

P - 30G / C - 66G / F - 4G / Calories - 420

_____
    Meal6: 1 Chicken Breast, 14 Fish Oil Capsules

P - 34G / C - 3G / F - 15G / Calories - 283

_____
    Meal7: A 1 Can Tuna, 1TBSN Flax Seed Oil

P - 30G / C - 0G / F - 14G / Calories - 246

_____
    Meal7: B 1/2LB Farmed Raised Salmon Fillet

P - 39 / C - 0G / F - 22G / Calories - 354

_____
    Meal8: 1 Cup 1% Cottage Cheese (no salt added), 2TBSN Natty PB

P - 41G / C - 13G / F - 18G / Calories - 378

DAILY TOTALS
    Protein - 368G

Carbs - 305G

Fats - 70G

Calories - 3323

I drink over a gallon of a water a dat also btw...
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

127.0.0.1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looks good.

Isnt farm raised salmon expensive?

What are your thoughts on milk before bed?

Whats your goal weight?

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    thanks local loop.. you mind if I call you local loop? Its easier then tyhping the numbers..

but ya.. I wanna bulk up to like 200+/- while keeping my body fat as low as possible. I don't care about being all ripped to shreds.. hell I don't even care for a 6pack... I wanna be big though... so I'm bulking to 175-190 there-abouts..

I don't really like to take in carbs before bed.. its bad enoughn there are carbs in the pb and in the cc... somteimes however I'll wake up in the middle of the night to pee or whatever.. and I'll take in like a glass of skim milk and go back to sleep.. ust to keep me anabolic ya know?

farmed raised salmon.. its not that expensive.. its like 6.99/LB.. I typically buy 1/2 LB...

any other opinions or anyone on my diet?
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

any opinions? Cause I typed this diet out just for ****s and giggles...

Anticatabolic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cals look good, but I'd think about switching the carb and protein numbers. You're going to need the glycogen if you're trying to bulk, and I think 1.5 G per pound of target bodyweight is more than enough. You're going to need those carbs.

what do you think the best way of increasing my carbs is? and with what?

I figured 300G is more then enough..

xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Assuming the gatorade/whey meal listed is pwo (why wouldn't it be ) I would suggest upping your carbohydrates right here, not through gatorade powder alone, maybe add in something else to the mix. That's about all I have for a suggestion, the postworkout meal should just be really large imo.
    Unaffiliated.

I don't really have fruits and veggies in my diet... perhaps a bannana in the pwo shake?

A banana in the post-workout shake would help. Your food choices look good, but I would suggest adding a little more carbs in meal 7. You're getting virtually no carbs there at all. Some brown rice, a small sweet potato, etc.

The whole "no carbs at night" deal is really a myth, especially when bulking.

I'd also add some fibrous veggies throughout the day. Most people consider broccoli, spinach, etc. as "free" foods, meaning you can eat them and not worry about counting them towards your daily total.

Great choices, though. You're definitely on the right track.
    Last edited by Anticatabolic; 09-14-2004 at 09:46 AM.

well I tend to put on body fat relatively easy... so I try to minimize the carbs later in the day.. I also don't liek to mix fats with carbs ya know?

is there any problem with me not eating much fruits and veggies though? As you can tell there...

which is PROABLY why your suggesting to add some fibrous veggies to my diet...

Yes, I'd add more veggies, and I'd definitely add more carbs. Excess calories make you fat, regardless of what they are.

But only you know your body. Start like you want, and if you aren't seeing the results you want, then tweak it a bit.

Everyone's different.

xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
    I don't really have fruits and veggies in my diet... perhaps a bannana in the pwo shake?
    With the amount of high gi carbs you are already getting from the gatorade powder, a banana would be a great addition i think. And yes I think you're correct on the veggies front, you get a great array of healthy fats, might as well mix them up with some fibrous vegetables.
    Unaffiliated.