fballplayya82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

does running decrease muscle mass???

is it true that if i start running my bench will go down???

Registered User Complete Muscle's Avatar
    Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    That depends on many variables: how much running, calories consumed, recovery time, etc. Your strength may suffer some .

Two main dangers are: (1) Calorie deficit. Try your best to keep cals above expenditure if increased strength/mass is your goal. And (2) the other real danger is the running interfering with your recovery time.
    Make time to eat!

big1day has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't know how much fballplayya82 runs, but I run a lot too, so I'm interested in what people say. Here's my running schedule all in the morning on an empty stomach, Monday: 2 miles, about 15 minutes, Wednesday: 3 miles, about 22 minutes, and Friday, 2 miles again. BTW, I've gained about 20 ibs, from 115 to 135 since I began lifting in Febuary. Would laying off on the running make me grow bigger faster?

Registered User Complete Muscle's Avatar
    Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    big1day - that's great progress! (w/ running or not) It's hard to say if not running will make you grow faster... I tend to think it would cuz more energy (calories) and time would be available for recovery from weight training. If you try it take it slow and be careful you don't create too much of a calorie surplus or you'll just gain fat.
    Make time to eat!

Humungous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

You might try running sprints at top speed, rather than running for distance at low speed. Sprints are an excellent way to complement muscle growth. For instance, look at the physique of a distance runner versus that of a sprinter.
    To crush the enemy, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women