RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

close grip bench press (with elbows out)

i know that close grip bench with your elbows pointed out would hit your inner chest and your tri's but what part of your tri's would it hit? thanks
    "Jesus has a place for me
    A life of sin and infamy"

RaiZed Fist

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It really toasts my lateral tricep head. It will probably work all three heads to some degree or another though.
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RaisedFist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    thanks man, i actually like elbows out alot better than elbows in, gives me a better pump and not so sore wrists

RaiZed Fist

Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Keep in mind that this is not proper benching form and places unnecessary stress on the shoulder. If you never get an injury, good for you!
    --Nayl

*If you stop growing, increase intensity and increase rest*

Intensity (in-ten'-si-tee):

"1..2..3..4..4-and-a-half..it's not moving..keep pushing for a few seconds..seems like forever..spotter assists..control negative on my own for 6 seconds..pushing..it's not moving at all now..spotter assists..control negative for 5 seconds..negative only held for 4 seconds..trying another one..can't control weight anymore..spotter helps remove weight..set complete."

Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles
    Youre better off keeping your elbows in
    Muscles

why am i better off keeping my elbows in?

RaiZed Fist

novedg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

elbows in

keeping your elbows in helps prevent injury and also is hits your tri's better...novedg

yes i know elbows in would hit the tri's better but i wanna hit my inner chest quite a bit too and if i did close grip press with elbows in it's not gonna do that

RaiZed Fist

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's better to get the proper form and use a different exercise to get your inner chest. If you hurt your shoulders then you won't be able to get your inner chest at all... lol. There are other exercises that will get your inner chest better anyway.
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche