Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Is on Chicken steroids Assassinator's Avatar
    Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000)

Exactly what do FLIES do for your chest ?

At one stage i always used to do flies, because i felt that they worked real well, but did not see much of an improvement in my chest with them. I have now cut down with flies, any maybe do them once every 2 weeks.

Exactly what part of the chest do flies hit ?? Are flies good for building mass and a hard chest ?

Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Nayl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Flyes are optional IMO. They are not a compound movement, and therefore not necessary for mass. Bench, dips, military press are the basics. Stick to those and you'll be fine.
    --Nayl

*If you stop growing, increase intensity and increase rest*

Intensity (in-ten'-si-tee):

"1..2..3..4..4-and-a-half..it's not moving..keep pushing for a few seconds..seems like forever..spotter assists..control negative on my own for 6 seconds..pushing..it's not moving at all now..spotter assists..control negative for 5 seconds..negative only held for 4 seconds..trying another one..can't control weight anymore..spotter helps remove weight..set complete."

Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000) Anabolik is just really nice. (+1000)
    Flys will work your outer chest more if you get a really good stretch on them.

Peace

KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) KyokushinTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Flyes isolate your pec's.. and give a good stretch.. I think they are a awesome exercise even for growth!!! They break down alot of fibres when done properly..

bOBeRt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bOBeRt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bOBeRt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bOBeRt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bOBeRt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bOBeRt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bOBeRt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bOBeRt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bOBeRt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bOBeRt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bOBeRt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's just another angle you can hit your chest at. IMO they're not very effective.

cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000)
    if u want to widen your chest from side to side, then flies can help, but basically a good wide grip ebnch press will do that too

HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ya i vote on the widing the chest. Good stretching excersies. I do incline flys first to pre-exhaust my chest. Here is my workout
    Incline Fliesx3
    Flat Bench to Upper Chestx3
    Incline DB's or Smith Inclinesx3
    Dips or Pec Dec or Flat Fliesx3

Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ice Man has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do flyies but I feel that if you can't get chest muscles that hang over the side from regular incline, decline, and flat, then flies ain't gonna help you do anything but F-up your rotator
    Yup, I'm bigger than you.

crowie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i thought flys will work your inner chest

HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HP400 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I know pec dec flies hit your inner chest.

parapete parapete parapete parapete parapete parapete parapete parapete parapete parapete parapete
    Flies are a great exercise. I do flies, mostly dumbell incline, at the start of my chest workout to pre-exaust and than do my presses, usually incline. My rotators aren't the best from constantly pushing my chair and i find flies if done in perfect form really loosens them up for heavy pressing. Key is perfect form. hands, elbows, shoulders, all in one perfect line, elbows slightly bent, get a good stretch at the bottom, keeping elbows in line with hands above. Pretend you are hugging someone using your pecs to bring your hands together. At the top, line the bells up and squeeze them together HARD!!
    J.P. Fux quote "Bodybuilding is not a step by step process. If you don't erupt into a mountain overnight, its time to quit"

Seek and yee shall find!

What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!

camaro8916rs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i feel flies are good for a stretch but to bulk i feel the incline and flat bench with dips do much better. i think ur better off just doing more sets of presses for bulking. but i also feel once u have the mass flies are excellent for hardning the mass and stretching the outside.

spl_373 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spl_373 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spl_373 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spl_373 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spl_373 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spl_373 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spl_373 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spl_373 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spl_373 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spl_373 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) spl_373 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by bOBeRt
    It's just another angle you can hit your chest at. IMO they're not very effective.
    Well, I would never consider dropping flys from my chest routine. I feel they are a huge help. I know they made my outer chest and chest/shoulder tie-ins burst out. Before I started flys I had no signs of any stretch marks, after a couple weeks of flys I had multiple big stretch marks on my outer chest and tie-ins. Which I'd say are a good sign of growth. My chest doesnt feel near as sore after a chest workout if I dont do flys. I superset them with bench for best results.

Juggalo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do flyes sometimes, but I find that if I do them with only slightly bend elbows, they fukking hurt my shoulders, and I feel they may be doing some damage. They work if I do them with elbows bent as if I am hugging someone at the top of the movement though, and I get a better pump as a result. Saw a video of Shawn Ray doing em like that, but he is on steroids, and it wouldn't surprise me if he was on GH and synthol too - but they are still effective.

The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Iron Lord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by Nayl
    Flyes are optional IMO. They are not a compound movement, and therefore not necessary for mass. Bench, dips, military press are the basics. Stick to those and you'll be fine.
    Big bump. Progress on your flat bench, incline bench, and dips, and don't waste recovery ability on flyes.
    The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Originally posted by The Iron Lord
    Big bump. Progress on your flat bench, incline bench, and dips, and don't waste recovery ability on flyes.
    Flyes for me are a pre exercise warm up and post exercise stretch. I only work them heavy every 4-6 weeks when I am stagnating on the other stuff.
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

asajiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what's better for overall chest......

flat flyes, or incline flyes?

Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000)
    Incline flyes are for upper chest.

depends what you want ..
    if you want to work upper chest do incline flyes, if you want to work on your chest in general do flat flyes

how heavy do you guys do flys with. i can only do about 20kilos

When i started lifting , i was on 10 kilos (22 lbs)
    When i do flies its either 20 kilos (44lbs) or 22 kilos (48lbs)
    The next DB weight at my gym is 30 kilos (70 lbs) which is a little too heavy for me

is flies an exercise you would try to go heavy on or is it a really strict isolation exercise

BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ok then my two cents. Are flys neccesary? Possibly. The pecs are designed to bring the arms across the chest therefore including a fly movement is beneficial as you're working the chest in a range of movement it was born to do.

However....as for all this about widening the chest etc....that's genetic at the end of the day and no amount of flys will make your boobs any wider if your structure does not allow it. What you can do is build your pecs as big as you can. End of the day would you rather have a wide chest or a thick, densely muscled one?
    ''There’s this battle over waterboarding at places like Guantanamo Bay. I think that they should just say, “Hey, if you guys don’t talk, you have to see Hercules In New York.” I guarantee those guys would talk much faster. You don’t need to do waterboarding or anything else. That’s the ultimate threat.''

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Team Kai

''Well that's a kick in the gentleman relish'' MaKaiser

charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) charles1997 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I used to love them - especially doing them on decline. But now they've been making my rotator cuff pop & crack. I'm gonna start doing some pec-dec flyes and go away from the dumbbell flyes for a bit..Btw I use 25lb DB's for them
    Gym PR's

Squat - 325lbs

Bench - 225lbs paused

Deadlift - 405lbs x 3

Boci1985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Assassinator View Post
    At one stage i always used to do flies, because i felt that they worked real well, but did not see much of an improvement in my chest with them. I have now cut down with flies, any maybe do them once every 2 weeks.

Exactly what part of the chest do flies hit ?? Are flies good for building mass and a hard chest ?
    Aside from db fly's being my favourite exercise out of all weight lifting, they work my outter chest really well and stretch it as well. I notice more flexibility after each fly set as well.

Eating all the gains Shredthetics's Avatar
    Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shredthetics is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So much broscience ITT..
    Inner.. outer.. wtf
    Flies don't do anything that another chest-fly isolation won't do, just is another exercise variation for your chest.

If you like it, do it.
    If you don't do something else.
    IG: @West_Whey
    8 years in.

Contest History:
    -2013 Muscle GC Classic

jmccauley1229 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccauley1229 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccauley1229 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccauley1229 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccauley1229 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccauley1229 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccauley1229 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccauley1229 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccauley1229 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccauley1229 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmccauley1229 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do flyes at the end of my workouts. Usually cable incline so that I work more of the chest collectively and the pecs spend more time under tension than with DB's. I do it just to lock the blood in after I have already thrashed it with the basics you should always do.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Flies don't do anything except to be a aggravation when they're buzzing around.

Flyes, OTOH, can be a valuable addition to a good bodybuilding-oriented chest workout.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000)
    Holy 2002 thread batman.
    Seems this forum's community has come a long way since then.
    -Crohn's Disease crew
    -Strict limited diet crew
    -Gluten Free Crew
    Starting weight 114.

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140012233
    Oil cleanse your face: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156983633&pagenumber=

Bigcee1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does chest flies help to get rid of man boobs?? If not what exercise is best?

MattieTrump97 is not very well liked. (-100) MattieTrump97 is not very well liked. (-100) MattieTrump97 is not very well liked. (-100) MattieTrump97 is not very well liked. (-100) MattieTrump97 is not very well liked. (-100) MattieTrump97 is not very well liked. (-100) MattieTrump97 is not very well liked. (-100) MattieTrump97 is not very well liked. (-100) MattieTrump97 is not very well liked. (-100) MattieTrump97 is not very well liked. (-100) MattieTrump97 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Flys are good for recruiting the most muscle fibers in the pec. I personally prefer using the pec dec with my arms at ear level to hit my inner-upper chest, and then recently i've been finishing my chest workout with around the worlds to hit every angle one last time.
    Bodybuilding is a life altering activity
    Every day is an opportunity to improve yourself
    Put in the effort to get the results
    Eat Clean Train Dirty
    Never. Give. Up.