hammerhead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New guy with a supplement question

Forgive my ignorance please.

I am not a competetive bodybuilder but fitness is important to me. I have been lifting regularly for over a year and it has been awhile since I noticed any gains or difference in my appearance. I recently started on an andro stak called Nor-Tek by Irontek. The label sez to take daily one hour before workout. I am currently on a 1 on/1 off hypertrophy cycle and I am wondering if I should take the nor-tek on my off days or just my work out days. I know some supplements have to be in your system at a certain level all the time to be effective but I didn't research this one as well as I should have prior to starting. Thanks in advance for any help.
    ( If it matters, I also use creatine, glutamine, and a liquid amino complex...as well as a protein supplement and being on a low carb diet.)
    Pain is weakness leaving the body

Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pro hormones will not give much of an anabolic effect if any when taken like this. I would however continue as the label says and do a little more research before the next time you try a PH cycle. We can definately help you here. Read this http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/catproh.htm It is an amazing article and will help you find out all about the product you are taking and help you learn more about prohormones so you can make a wiser purchase next time. We've all wasted money on sups before so don't feel bad. Good luck.

maybe I am too ignorant...

"Pro hormones will not give much of an anabolic effect if any when taken like this"

OK then how should I take this prohormone? (I tried to read article you ref'd but I was lost...need laymen terms pls)

"do a little more research before the next time you try a PH cycle"

I have learned my lesson...thanks.

BiG RED HH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you want to gain muscle start eating more.

Br

thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000) thegame2183 is just really nice. (+1000)
    good answer BIG RED HH

if your not gaining, then up the calories

i think I am getting plenty

of calories, otherwise my bodyfat would be lower, no?

and anyone feel free to chime right in with the prohormone advise, I am a sponge just waiting to absorb the knowledge.

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by BiG RED HH
    If you want to gain muscle start eating more.

Br
    I agree to a point.
    BR, your response sounds a bit simplistic.

......Let's not forget.....

1. What you eat matters.
    2. How you train matters.
    3. And yes, proper supps to premote a state where the body can gain muscle effectively. (multi-vit, protein ect.)

Otherwise gains, will be all or mostly fat. Not good in my book, but many hardgainers (I am not one of them) would say different.

Hammerhead,
    Get your diet and trainging in check. Until then, I wouldn't worry about PH's. And if you are still in your teen, forget about them period. That's my advice anyway.

Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Re: i think I am getting plenty

Originally posted by hammerhead
    of calories, otherwise my bodyfat would be lower, no?
    True, you may want to lower your carb intake and up the protein a bit. That's most likely what's wrong. Also, are you getting enough sleep ? And are you dividing calories over enough meals (6-8) ? These are the most frequent causes of non-growth in people getting adequate calories.

and anyone feel free to chime right in with the prohormone advise, I am a sponge just waiting to absorb the knowledge.
    I'm with Chi, until you get the diet down and give it a chance to work on its own, leave the PH be for a little while. In the mean time read up. Read the link below thoroughly a few times. If you have any questions feel free to post and when you have it all down, you can start on PH.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/catproh.htm

roger wilco

I work graves so, no, I don't get enough sleep. I am hoping to up the sleep hrs in early jan at shift change.
    I eat a fairly low carb diet, so I will take your advise on spreading over more meals.
    Once I start getting more sleep and have my diet right I will get back to you on the other stuff.

To Chi-town: I am just barely15 years out of my teens, turned 34 last week.

Thanks to everyone that helped out with the advice, I'll be around.

Luckylondon454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I gotta question, has anyone tried body fortress super test?

Broser Built/AAEFX Fueled hercules455's Avatar
    hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hercules455 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP your body is a highly adaptable machine. I dont care what kind of supps or pro hormones you through at it if you aren't eating and training for growth you will not see it. Change your workouts often, sets, reps, order or exercise, tempo, rest between sets, etc. You force your body to grow when you keep changing things up. New stresses equal new growth. Train to failure and eat above your calories maintaince level.
    All American EFX Rep
    Drug Free Natural Freak for Life
    Broser Built by PRRS and FDFS training systems
    www.prrsdvd.com
    www.x-reps.com
    www.aaefx.com

For a FREE sample of Karbolyn
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/aap/karbolyn.html
    For a FREE sample of K-OTIC
    http://www.aaefx.com/secret/k-otic.html?....campaign=k-otic

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/aap/aap.htm

mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mjf100215 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Way to revive a thread from 2001