Journeyman91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Journeyman91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Journeyman91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Journeyman91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Starting IIFYM and hitting numbers

Background: Male - 24 Yrs Old - 5'8 - 115 lbs. - Crohn's disease (one of reasons for lower weight) - Exercise 5-6 times per week combined cardio and lifting.

Typed in figures into iifym calculator to get a baseline and came to around 1900-2100 to maintain since I was just experimenting. Recently started weighing and tracking food about a month ago without changing my normal diet. I've noticed I finish everyday around 1400-1600 calories due to lack of time, appetite, whatever. I've also some what noticed that since I've been eating this amount for so long, when I begin to get close to those numbers I mentally get a little full as if not allowing myself to actually hit the 1900 area. If anyone else has had this issue when starting iifym I'm looking for any tips on getting over this mental block/fear to allow myself to eat that amount without any weird or negative feelings towards it. Thanks guys!

Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brozef has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Journeyman91 View Post
    Background: Male - 24 Yrs Old - 5'8 - 115 lbs. - Crohn's disease (one of reasons for lower weight) - Exercise 5-6 times per week combined cardio and lifting.

Typed in figures into iifym calculator to get a baseline and came to around 1900-2100 to maintain since I was just experimenting. Recently started weighing and tracking food about a month ago without changing my normal diet. I've noticed I finish everyday around 1400-1600 calories due to lack of time, appetite, whatever. I've also some what noticed that since I've been eating this amount for so long, when I begin to get close to those numbers I mentally get a little full as if not allowing myself to actually hit the 1900 area. If anyone else has had this issue when starting iifym I'm looking for any tips on getting over this mental block/fear to allow myself to eat that amount without any weird or negative feelings towards it. Thanks guys!
    Just try to eat more, eventually you'll get used to it. Eating more calorie dense foods might help you get all your calories.

When I'm bulking, usually around 3300-3500 cals, I start eating as early in the day as I can, and eat my last meal near bedtime. This gives me plenty of time to get all my cals in.

Journeyman91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Journeyman91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Journeyman91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Journeyman91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Any advice on the mental block/fear as far as just feeling comfortable eating around 500 calories more than I've become generally accustomed too?