asnegger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how many eggs max can i eat per day?

Guys,

I heard that egg whites are real good for building muscle since they contain all protien and zero carbs and zero fat.

So I want to eat as many as possible per day. Would there be any harm in doing so?

Other question is that, if they are so good, why cant we use them instead of protien powders, since egg whites are natural.

The way I cook them: I just boil them and separate the yolk ball from the outer egg whites. I hope boiling doesnt destroy any protiens

thanks

bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i would say a max 6-8 eggs. i eat 6 a day, 4 egg whites 2 whole eggs scrambled. You need to add the yolk because it contains a helpful enzyme. Also adding yolks will give you more calories which is what you need if you want to get big
    Chicks dig big calves

zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Keep the yolks under control and there's no specific harm. I would keep your daily yolks at 3 or less. Yolks have lecithin, which helps brain function, but you don't want to go overboard. I'd say ideally no more than 2 yolks/day, but eat the whites all you want.

That said, you never want all your protein (or all your anything) to come from a single source. You begin to miss essential vitamins and minerals that your one thing doesn't have.

So go to town with the eggs, within reason, but make sure you're not skipping variety.
    Last edited by zackmurphy; 09-10-2004 at 02:38 PM. Reason: clarity

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by zackmurphy
    I would keep your daily yolks at 3 or less.

lol.

Why?
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

never off the horse.. antbrdwar's Avatar
    antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50) antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50) antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50) antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50) antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50) antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50) antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50) antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50) antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50) antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50) antbrdwar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I haven't had an egg yolk in quite some time.. I remember someone saying that scrambling yolks are bad because it hurts something in the yolk, and that frying them preserves it. If this is true, what was he talking about, what is destroyed or hurt? I scramble all my egg whites, haven't had a yolk in a long time.
    They fall in line................One at a time................Ready to play

zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Atavis
    lol.

Why?
    To keep cholesterol under control. A single large egg yolk can have about 70% of the suggested daily max of cholesterol, while the whites have none.

And to encourage a variety of fats and EFAs to be used. You don't want to blow your wad on eggs.

Originally Posted by antbrdwar
    I haven't had an egg yolk in quite some time.. I remember someone saying that scrambling yolks are bad because it hurts something in the yolk, and that frying them preserves it. If this is true, what was he talking about, what is destroyed or hurt? I scramble all my egg whites, haven't had a yolk in a long time.
    It hurts the baby chicken, but..... I hadn't heard that.

Thanks Zack.

I'm avoiding yolks completely.

Whats the max egg whites i can eat, if i dont eat yolk at all? 30? Thats 30 * 3.5 = 96 grams of protien = 384 calories!!

Originally Posted by asnegger
    Thanks Zack.

I'm avoiding yolks completely.

Whats the max egg whites i can eat, if i dont eat yolk at all? 30? Thats 30 * 3.5 = 96 grams of protien = 384 calories!!
    No need to COMPLETELY skip yolks unless you already watch your cholesterol, If that's the case, no sweat, but otherwise a yolk a day is really fine. Good nutrients in those yolks, too. And of course, if you're scrambling them, you can separate the yolks pretty easily, pierce a yolk with the shell, and drain in a 1/2 yolk. No need to only do whole yolks, either.

But anyway, about whites... no real limit, certainly, but you don't want to eat so many that you lose the taste for them. Up to you.

And again, you need variety. Eat 30 egg whites if that brings you joy, but make sure it's balanced by other protein sources.

i'm actually trying to loose weight. since i want to run everyday, i want to eat enough protien to prevent muscle loss. i really dont mean 30, probably around 15 whites a day.

thanks for the clarification again

maxsaci has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ok...

Originally Posted by asnegger
    Guys,

I heard that egg whites are real good for building muscle since they contain all protien and zero carbs and zero fat.

So I want to eat as many as possible per day. Would there be any harm in doing so?

Other question is that, if they are so good, why cant we use them instead of protien powders, since egg whites are natural.

The way I cook them: I just boil them and separate the yolk ball from the outer egg whites. I hope boiling doesnt destroy any protiens

thanks
    I usually eat 8 whites in the morning and put 1 yolk trhee times a wheek

Rustling your jimmies ll ReNeGaDe ll's Avatar
    ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000)
    you can have all the egg whites you want like others have said, as long as its not your only protein source. but why would you want to? its so much more expensive this way.

Novorua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Novorua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Novorua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Novorua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Novorua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Novorua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Novorua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Novorua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Novorua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Novorua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Novorua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I actually started eating 3 whole eggs a day. I even talked to this guy who owns Smoothie King in town(he knows his ****, believe me). I asked him if eating that much is bad? He said not at all, infact the cholestoral it has...its the 'good kind' your body needs. So whole eggs are grrrreat.

BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    On an average day I go through about a dozen egg whites. Sometimes more, sometimes less. It's no bid deal, there's no set "limit", within reason.

Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    no body said eggwhites have no carbs.
    Davinci flavor oppinions:
    Banana-awesome
    Pancake-awesome
    cookie dough-good (not sweet but has flavor)
    German Chocolate Cake- good (sweet, not strong)
    PB- good(sweet, not strong flavor)
    Gingerbread- good (taste like gingerale/no good on pancakes, okay in oatmeal)
    Coconut- good. (has flavor..a tiny sweetness)
    Macadamia Nut- good/poor
    Danish Pastry-good (if you like cookie dough you would like this)
    Blueberry-Awesome/good

BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Maximum6
    no body said eggwhites have no carbs.

Though incorrect, I believe the starter of this thread did.

Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Maximum6 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ahahha...that came out wrong...

i meant eggwhites DO have carbs...
    Davinci flavor oppinions:
    Banana-awesome
    Pancake-awesome
    cookie dough-good (not sweet but has flavor)
    German Chocolate Cake- good (sweet, not strong)
    PB- good(sweet, not strong flavor)
    Gingerbread- good (taste like gingerale/no good on pancakes, okay in oatmeal)
    Coconut- good. (has flavor..a tiny sweetness)
    Macadamia Nut- good/poor
    Danish Pastry-good (if you like cookie dough you would like this)
    Blueberry-Awesome/good

sujeet14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile how many eggs max can i eat per day?

i eat 6 boiled egg whites and 2 boiled whole egg and after eating eggs i drink 500 ml of milk bcoz this much of eggs can generate too much of heat in body so drinking milk after eggs is necessary... milk nutralise the heat in the body which are created by eggs...

TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheIronAsylum has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    meh about 3 fitty

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by sujeet14 View Post
    i eat 6 boiled egg whites and 2 boiled whole egg and after eating eggs i drink 500 ml of milk bcoz this much of eggs can generate too much of heat in body so drinking milk after eggs is necessary... milk nutralise the heat in the body which are created by eggs...
    you created an account just to bump this old thread with this nonsense?
    Domicron's Basement Gym and Fun House
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #60

sujeet14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how it is nonsense? please explain... I just shared my views on it.. and I was thinking from last many days to create an account over here...

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by sujeet14 View Post
    how it is nonsense? please explain... I just shared my views on it.. and I was thinking from last many days to create an account over here...
    the Chinese hot/cold food philosophy, which i don't buy into but much of my family does (i'll respect it as long as you don't try to convince me to follow it) doesn't say eggs are hot or that milk is cooling.
    Domicron's Basement Gym and Fun House
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #60