Closed Thread
Page 2 of 448 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask about Islam

Following the Middle Way EnlightenedLife's Avatar
    EnlightenedLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EnlightenedLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EnlightenedLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EnlightenedLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EnlightenedLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EnlightenedLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EnlightenedLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EnlightenedLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EnlightenedLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EnlightenedLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EnlightenedLife is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Today, any Muslim who hates "the west" would hate if for these reasons, because "it" continues to propagate false doctrines and ideologies, distracting and suppressing Muslims from the only purpose of life, to live and rule by Islam.
    Are you basically saying that they hate anyone who isn't a Muslim and isn't living by Islamic law? A bit harsh isn't it? I mean, everyone thinks their own religion or beliefs are true else they wouldn't be believing them. Is there not room for acceptance of some kind?
    On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place.
    -Monty Python and the Holy Grail

As a Buddhist monk my concern extends to all members of the human family and, indeed, to all sentient beings who suffer. I believe all suffering is caused by ignorance. People inflict pain on others in the selfish pursuit of their own happiness or satisfaction.
    -His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Nobel Peace Prize Acceptance Speech

'An eye for an eye will make us all blind'
    -Mahatma Gandhi

SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dave22
    (A...) So you're saying that the world isn't like 5 billion years old?? (B...) What about Dinosaurs?? (C...) Or life on other planets??
    (D...) What about cavemen??

(E...) What about the fact that Gorillas are pretty identical to humans??

(F...) Can you own pets if you believe in Islam?? A dog perhaps?? Yet dogs are unclean animals.

(A...) No, the universe is finite and began at one point. But the point is that it was created and initiated by God.

(B...) There is no reason why Dinosaurs could not have existed.

(C...) There is no reason why life cannot exist on other planets. There could be humans on other planets worshipping God for all we know. God speaks of other worlds in the Qu'ran.

(D...) The "Cavemen" you're thinking of are not humanoids:

http://www.darwinismrefuted.com/origin_of_man_01.html

(E...) Frogs share most of man's genes also, some 3% discrepency or something close to that, that doesn't negate the fact that God created man and all animal life, nor does it prove that species evolved from other species, simply that the make-up of carbon based life is very similar

(F...) You can own pets except as indicated by the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Also, you have to be very careful not to be oppressive with any animal, and when caging and confining them, there is a fine line that can be crossed. Simply feeding an animal in a cage is not always enough:

http://www.sunnipath.com/resources/Q...a00000672.aspx

http://www.sunnipath.com/resources/Q...a00000678.aspx

http://www.sunnipath.com/resources/Q...a00002374.aspx

As for more details in a next post
    Last edited by SYRIANKID; 09-11-2004 at 03:31 AM.
    *** There is no one free of all need, of whom all else are in absolute need, but God ***

Pbuh: If anyone testifies that None has the right to be worshipped but God Alone Who has no partners, and that Muhammad is His Servant and His Apostle, and that Jesus is God's Servant and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit created by Him, and that Paradise is true, and Hell is true, God will admit him into Paradise

SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by timbo81
    so is there a hell, do all non muslims goto hell.

sweet...
    No, not all non-Muslims will end up in Hell.

Hell is a real creation of God. Mankind will be divided between Heaven and Hell. Non-Muslims today and since the revelation of the Qur'an will be judged by the basis of islam. Each person will be judged according to the authentic message they recieved e.g. the children of Israel by Moses' (pbuh) message and post 0 CE by Jesus' (pbuh) revelation and so on. God does not judge a people except after sending a messenger.

There are a lot of details about Heaven and Hell, but short answer is that anyone who believes will ultimately enter Heaven:

The Prophet (pbuh)said, "If anyone testifies that None has the right to be worshipped but God Alone Who has no partners, and that Muhammad is His Slave and His Apostle, and that Jesus is God’s Slave and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit created by Him, and that Paradise is true, and Hell is true, God will admit him into Paradise with the deeds which he had done even if those deeds were few."

On the authority of Anas ibn Maalik (ra), the Prophet (pbuh) said to Jibreel [Gabriel] (ra):

"Why is it that I have never seen Mikaa'eel (Archangel Michael) laughing?" Jibreel (Archangel Gabriel) replied, "He has not laughed since Hellfire was created."
    *** There is no one free of all need, of whom all else are in absolute need, but God ***

Pbuh: If anyone testifies that None has the right to be worshipped but God Alone Who has no partners, and that Muhammad is His Servant and His Apostle, and that Jesus is God's Servant and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit created by Him, and that Paradise is true, and Hell is true, God will admit him into Paradise

Originally Posted by The Kurgan
    What has been the Muslim secret to staying to their original beliefs (as opposed to certain other Panentheist Middle-Eastern religions)? And why did Muslim societies in the past tend to be far more tolerant of other religions (even going so far as not to burn atheists, which was very nice) than almost every other country? It would seem that you can be both tolerant AND true to your beliefs.
    Muslims live by two things and two things alone, the Qur'an and authentic narrations of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Anything that deviates, innovates, or changes from these two things in any way is a misguidance.

Sahih Muslim

Book 30, Number 5670:
    Abu Huraira reported God's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The similitude of mine and that of my Umma is that of a person who lit fire and there began to fall into it insects and moths. And I am there to hold you back, but you plunge into it.

The Messenger of God (pbuh) said: "Every innovation is misguidance and going astray" Reported by Abu Daawood (no. 4607), at-Tirmidhee (no. 2676) and it is saheeh. Ibn Hajr authenticated it Takhreej Ahaadeeth Ibn ul-Haajib (1/137).
    And he (pbuh) also said: "… and every innovation is misguidance and all misguidance is in the Hellfire." Reported by an-Nasaa'ee (1/224) from Jaabir bin Abdullaah and it is saheeh as declared by Shaikh ul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah in Majmoo' ul-Fataawaa (3/58).

The Messenger (pbuh) also warned against the People of Innovation, from befriending, supporting or taking from them saying: "Whoever innovates or accommodates an innovator then upon him is the curse of God, His Angels and the whole of mankind." Reported by Bukhaaree (12/41) and Muslim (9/140)

Al-'Irbaad ibn Saariyah (ra) reports that the Prophet (pbuh) said, ".... I have left you upon clear guidance. Its night is like its day. No one deviates from it after me except that he is destroyed." Reported by Ahmad, Ibn Maajah (no. 43) and al-Haakim. It is declared saheeh by Shaikh al-Albaanee in as-Saheehah (no. 937)

The Prophet (pbuh) said: “I have not left anything that will bring you closer to God and distance you from the Hellfire, except that I have commanded you with it. And I have not left anything that will bring you closer to the Hellfire and distance you from God except that I have forbade you from it.”

A’ishah, the Mother of the Believers relates that God's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: “Whoever introduces something new into this matter of ours that is not from it will have it rejected.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Muslim] In another narration, it reads: “Whoever does an act that is not in accordance with this matter of ours will have it rejected.” [Sahîh Muslim]

Muslims have always been tolerant because they are demanded to be. Burning atheists to death is strictly forbidden.

Originally Posted by EnlightenedLife
    Are you basically saying that they hate anyone who isn't a Muslim and isn't living by Islamic law? A bit harsh isn't it? I mean, everyone thinks their own religion or beliefs are true else they wouldn't be believing them. Is there not room for acceptance of some kind?
    No. Muslims who do hate "the West" hate "it" for actively interfering (politically and ideologically) in the prevention of the Islamic state from reestablishing, not because the people there don't live by Islam, that's their own choice.

Everyone believes in something for a reason, but Muslims consider Islam absolute Truth and the only revelation on Earth with a miraculous Text as rational evidence of its authenticity. They respect others' choice to believe differently, but do not accept any version of Truth but their own because they find no evidence to believe otherwise.

e-reloaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) e-reloaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) e-reloaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) e-reloaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) e-reloaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) e-reloaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im Muslims but i never got this question answeared by anyone

I wanna be a cop and lets say god forbit I have to kill[shoot] a criminal [murdered or if he has a gun and my life is on the line], im a makeing a mistake?

and the other thing is

god forbit i die in the line of duty will i go to heaven?

Registered User BigTruckGuy3500's Avatar
    BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    First off, propz on the thread. But my question:
    Over time there have been some deviations/separations in Islam. Some of the sects openly refute things that were written in the Qu'ran and Hadith. Some people say that some of these different sects even have their "own version" of the Qu'ran, or something like that. How and when did all these occur? Thanks.

Originally Posted by e-reloaded
    I wanna be a cop and lets say god forbit I have to kill[shoot] a criminal [murdered or if he has a gun and my life is on the line], im a makeing a mistake?
    It really depends on why you are shooting him. Self-defense, sure, so long as you don't ever kill someone based on doubt.

god forbit i die in the line of duty will i go to heaven?
    Again, that depends on so many factors. If you are asking if there is a possibility you will die a martyr, then potentially yes, if on the line of duty you correct your intentions and are saving someone's life or property in the process.

However, your duty is not to that person, or to the city or state, but to God alone. The intention means everything.

dave22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dave22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dave22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dave22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dave22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dave22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dave22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dave22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dave22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dave22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dave22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You say that Islam flourished, up until 1924. But during the 18th, and 19th centuries, what patents were created, what medical, scientific, breakthroughs were there??

What advancements in weaponry??

It also seems that Islam according to you is denying science. I mean how old do you believe this planet to be??

What does it have to say about the fact that this planet used to be one large mass of land. The theory is that a meteor hit, and that's why we have 7 continents today, forgot what they called it.

I mean think about it, you're sitting there in Earth science, and shaking your head and what your teacher is saying, and what your book is saying.

Smile

Originally Posted by BigTruckGuy3500
    Over time there have been some deviations/separations in Islam. Some of the sects openly refute things that were written in the Qu'ran and Hadith. Some people say that some of these different sects even have their "own version" of the Qu'ran, or something like that. How and when did all these occur? Thanks.
    That's an easy question. Going into the details would take a long time, but here's a healthy summary. Anyone who does not follow the Qur'an and authentic hadiths to the word, has deviated from Islam. There is no clergy in Islam, there is no innovation in Islam, there is no creativity in worship. Anyone who invents a matter will have it rejected. There are no Prophets after the final Messenger, Muhammad (pbuh).

"As for those who divide their religion and break up into sects, thou has no part in them in the least: Their affair is with Allah: He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did." (Qur'an 6:159)

"And verily this Ummah of yours is a single Ummah and I am your Lord, so keep your duty unto Me. But they have broken their religion among them into sects, each sect rejoicing in its tenets." (Qur'an 23:52-53)

"Those who split up their Religion, and become Sects, each sect exulting in its tenets." (Qur'an 30:32)

"He that disobeys the Apostle (Muhammad) after guidance has been made clear to him and follows a way other than that of the believers, We appoint for him that unto which he himself hath turned, and expose him unto Hell - a hapless journey's end!" (Qur'an 4:115)

"This is My Straight path, so follow it. Follow not other ways, lest ye be parted from His way. This has he ordained for you, that ye may ward off (evil)." (Qur'an 6:153)

A very famous hadith

Abu Amir al-Hawdhani said,

"Mu'awiyah ibn Abi Sufyan (may God be pleased with him) stood among us and said, 'Beware! The Apostle of God (may peace be upon him) stood among us and said': 'Beware! [u]The People of the Book before (you) were split up into 72 sects, and this community will be split up into 73, seventy-two of them will go to Hell and one of them will go to Paradise, and it is the majority group (Jama'ah).' Another version of the above Hadith has been reported by Hafiz Ibn Kathir (Rahimahullah) in The signs before the day of Judgement (pg. 14): "Awf ibn Malik reported that the Prophet (Peace be upon him) said, 'The Jews split into 71 sects: one will enter Paradise and 70 will enter Hell. The Christians split into 72 sects: 71 will enter Hell and one will enter Paradise. By Him in Whose hand is my soul, my Ummah will split into 73 sects: one will enter Paradise and 72 will enter Hell.' Someone asked, 'O Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him), who will they be?' He replied, 'The main body of the Muslims (al-Jama'ah).' Awf ibn Malik is the only one who reported this Hadith, and its isnad is acceptable." And in another version of this Hadith the Prophet (Peace be upon him) goes onto say that the saved sect, "...Are those who follow my and my Sahaba's path" (Tirmidhi, vol. 2, pg. 89)

To be a sect you REALLY have to be off not to follow the Qur'an and authentic hadiths. In fact, most understand that even when the Prophet (pbuh) spoke about the single saved body and the deviant sects, the main body would consist of Sunni Muslims AND the main body of Shia Muslims (Shia Muslims have many minority sects, but they do have a majority body, even though Sunnis and the main Shia body differ on several things, some categories are designed "FISQ" i.e. strong disobediance as opposed to "KUFR" or "SHIRK" which are outright disbelief and associative worship.

The West and especially Israel love to support and promote deviant Islamic sects, especially those with a deviant leader or are ideologically pacifist or integrationist, for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by SYRIANKID; 09-11-2004 at 10:37 AM.

Originally Posted by dave22
    You say that Islam flourished, up until 1924. But during the 18th, and 19th centuries, what patents were created, what medical, scientific, breakthroughs were there??
    The begining of the end was in the late 1800s and early 1900s. I probably don't need to explain to you the military dominance of the Islamic state since 632 CE, but the key was the there were points in history where not a single Muslim or non-Muslim within the state lived in poverty. THAT'S advancement. I don't care what kind of cannons they had, they weren't dominated from lack of numbers or force, they stopped ruling by Islam so they lost their blessing.

It also seems that Islam according to you is denying science. I mean how old do you believe this planet to be??
    I've never denied a proven aspect of science. The Qur'an predicted scientific advancements. Islam does not place a date on the age of this planet, but it along with the rest of the Universe was created in 6 stages by God.

What does it have to say about the fact that this planet used to be one large mass of land. The theory is that a meteor hit, and that's why we have 7 continents today, forgot what they called it.
    It says nothing for it or against this theory. It doesn't say anything about dinosaurs either, or exactly how big the universe is, just that God has created many things, some of which you know and some which God will make known later. The Qur'an isn't a history book, the important part is that what is not mentioned is completely irrelevant to our salvation.

I mean think about it, you're sitting there in Earth science, and shaking your head and what your teacher is saying, and what your book is saying.
    No I haven't, where have you been for the last 5 threads? Where? And when you say "science" you better have evidence that some scientific principle is empirically proven and not a theory. Some theories are well-disputed so I don't even need to get into religion to rebut some claims.

TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    hey bro.
    here's a question.

how should muslims distinguish between the literal meaning of Quran and metaphoric examples of Quran.
    There are sufis who interpret the Quran mainly esoterically, and then there are classes of sunnis that interpret Quran completely literally.

I guess to put the question in easier terms; are there any metaphorical examples in the quran? if so, how should we realize them?

thanks, and good job
    And David said, "The Lord who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine." And Saul said to David, "Go, and may the Lord be with you." (1 Samuel 17:37)

Thus David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone, and he struck the Philistine and killed him; but there was no sword in David’s hand. (1 Samuel 17:50)

TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TranceNRG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dave22...

Science theories have in the past taken a complete U-turn. Many concept that professors teach are simply hypotheses and not proven facts.

also, Quran is a book of SIGNS and not book of SCIENCE.
    there's a big difference.
    And David said, "The Lord who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine." And Saul said to David, "Go, and may the Lord be with you." (1 Samuel 17:37)

Thus David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone, and he struck the Philistine and killed him; but there was no sword in David’s hand. (1 Samuel 17:50)

Originally Posted by TranceNRG
    how should muslims distinguish between the literal meaning of Quran and metaphoric examples of Quran.
    There are sufis who interpret the Quran mainly esoterically, and then there are classes of sunnis that interpret Quran completely literally.

I guess to put the question in easier terms; are there any metaphorical examples in the quran? if so, how should we realize them?

The Qur'an has layer upon layer of meanings and parables. If you really think about the parables God has given you, you would find they apply to everything in wondrous ways, think about the parable of Satan's disobedience.

Jurisprudentially, one must always take the direct and literal meaning of a Qur'an. God chooses His words very carefully, so these are to be taken literally, especially when numbers and rulings are involved.

After that, one can go into figurative and metaphorical meanings so long as the interpretations derived are based on a solid understanding of the Arabic language and are not purposely skewed to contradict a text.

Look at this verse for example:

He it is Who has sent down to thee the Book: In it are verses basic or fundamental (of established meaning); they are the foundation of the Book: others are allegorical. But those in whose hearts is perversity follow the part thereof that is allegorical, seeking discord, and searching for its hidden meanings, but no one knows its hidden meanings except God. And those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say: "We believe in the Book; the whole of it is from our Lord:" and none will grasp the Message except men of understanding. (Qur'an 3:7)

For example, some try to ascribe meaning to the secret letters of the Qur'an, when their knowledge has been veiled purposely from us, an everlasting reminder on Earth that God has kept hidden from us certain knowledge by ranks, but that He will reveal it's meaning later.

user43390fgui8t is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user43390fgui8t is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user43390fgui8t is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user43390fgui8t is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user43390fgui8t is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user43390fgui8t is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user43390fgui8t is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user43390fgui8t is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user43390fgui8t is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user43390fgui8t is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user43390fgui8t is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BigZeke
    I've sent you a PM regarding your public comments towards me and also the comments you made when you gave me a negative rep. point.
    And, I will reply when I get a chance, as I wrote in response to your PM.

M_D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M_D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M_D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M_D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M_D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M_D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M_D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M_D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M_D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M_D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M_D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why did your god create a heaven AND an earth? Why not just create Heaven for all of humanity? Earthly life seems like a waste of both our time and His time.

clemsonsenior is on a distinguished road. (+10) clemsonsenior is on a distinguished road. (+10) clemsonsenior is on a distinguished road. (+10) clemsonsenior is on a distinguished road. (+10) clemsonsenior is on a distinguished road. (+10) clemsonsenior is on a distinguished road. (+10) clemsonsenior is on a distinguished road. (+10) clemsonsenior is on a distinguished road. (+10) clemsonsenior is on a distinguished road. (+10) clemsonsenior is on a distinguished road. (+10) clemsonsenior is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by EnlightenedLife
    Just as a historical note, in the Middle Ages Islamic states were much more allowing of religious freedom than the Christian states. Of course, a lot can change between now and then.

e-reloaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) e-reloaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) e-reloaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) e-reloaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) e-reloaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) e-reloaded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SYRIANKID
    It really depends on why you are shooting him. Self-defense, sure, so long as you don't ever kill someone based on doubt.

Again, that depends on so many factors. If you are asking if there is a possibility you will die a martyr, then potentially yes, if on the line of duty you correct your intentions and are saving someone's life or property in the process.

However, your duty is not to that person, or to the city or state, but to God alone. The intention means everything.
    my intention is if a criminal commited a crime he should be cought and punished
    also its a fun job

rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TranceNRG
    Dave22...

Science theories have in the past taken a complete U-turn. Many concept that professors teach are simply hypotheses and not proven facts.

also, Quran is a book of SIGNS and not book of SCIENCE.
    there's a big difference.
    There are scientific references in the Qur'an as Signs that no human being would have knowledge of in that time period.

http://www.islam101.com/science/bucaille.html

Also, keep in mind that when translations are made from an original text, the translated text is open to different interpretations. When you are looking from a metaphorical perspective, it is easier to see them in the original language if you can understand it.

One easy example (philosphically speaking) is that the Bible says that God created the world in six days and rested on the seventh. The Qur'an has similar references:

"...the One Who created the heavens, the earth and what is between them in six periods."
    --sura 32, verse 4:
    "God is the One Who created the heavens, the earth and what is between them in six periods."
    --sura 50, verse 38:
    "We created the heavens, the earth and what is between them in six periods, and no weariness touched
    Us."

In Arabic, the wording might imply days/periods/stages but how it is interpreted matters in context. Also, our days in time, does not have to relate to God's days in time.

Any thoughts?

Originally Posted by M_D
    Why did your god create a heaven AND an earth? Why not just create Heaven for all of humanity? Earthly life seems like a waste of both our time and His time.
    One of the most important questions in this thread: READ EVERYTHING I TYPE CAREFULLY, if you never read anything else in your life, read this here:

Types of questions when people want to inquire about the reason for God's plan are usually incoherent, namely because the whole point of God's plan is that all of creation is subject to God's plan and cannot change it, question it, or alter it. They simply have the choice to accept it or reject it. This has been God's way, this is the parable of the nature between God and man, Creator and creation. God is not subject to man, man is subject to God, and to Him will we all return.

God created the Heavens, the Earth, Heaven and Hell, and All Creation in 6 periods.

He created and fashioned man out of clay, and raised him in ranks above all other creations. Man had a conscience, the ability to live a life of complete obedience to God or to transgress. The angels were created from light, they only have the power to obey God. The temptations that man had to overcome in order to live a life of complete submission are unlike any trials any other creature must overcome. Therefore man was created superior to the Jinn, who were created invisible to us and of a fireless flame.

All creation on Earth was subdued to man. Man had the ability and command from God to rule by God's Law and Morality on Earth. Notice how it was God's plan from the beginning that Adam end up on Earth, notice the careful word choice here!

Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said: "Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood? - whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?" He said: "I know what ye know not." (Qur'an 2:30)

God said to the angels and Satan when He created Adam:

"When I have fashioned him (in due proportion) and breathed into him of My spirit, fall ye down in obeisance unto him." (Qur'an 38:72)

Satan refuses to bow down:

Behold! We said to the angels, "Bow down to Adam": They bowed down except Iblis. He was one of the Jinns, and he broke the Command of his Lord. Will ye then take him and his progeny as protectors rather than Me? And they are enemies to you! Evil would be the exchange for the wrong-doers!(Quran 18:50)"

God asks Satan to explain why he refused to bow down, so that God would teach us a lesson from this important parable:

It is We Who created you and gave you shape; then We bade the angels bow down to Adam, and they bowed down; not so Iblis; He refused to be of those who bowed down.;

(Allah) said: 'What prevented thee from prostrating when I commanded thee? He said: 'I am better than he: Thou didst create me from fire, and him from clay.

(Allah) said: 'Get thee down from this: it is not for thee to be arrogant here: get out, for thou art of the meanest (of creatures). He said: 'Give me respite till the day they are raised up. (Allah) said: 'Be thou amongst those who have respite.'

He said: 'Because thou hast thrown me out of the Way, lo! I will lie in wait for them on thy Straight Way: Then will I assault them from before them and behind them, from their right and their left: Nor wilt Thou find, in most of them, gratitude (of Thy mercies).' (Allah) said:

'Get out from this, disgraced and expelled. If any of them follow thee - Hell will I fill with you all.
    (Quran 7:11-18)"

Let's examine this critical area. Look at Satan's excuse, he says that he didn't bow down because he THINKS that fire is better than clay, therefore he is better than Adam.

This is ridiculous on two counts. First of all it is God that gives things their property and nature, God chose clay as superior to fire, so what basis did Satan have to claim that something was better than something else? Things are only good or bad when God decides they are good or bad. So Satan rejected God's values for his own whims. This is EXACTLY what disbelievers do today. They make fun of God's laws thinking they have "evolved" or are "better" or "more civilized" or "smarter".

Satan is rejected:

(God) said: "Get thee down from this: it is not for thee to be arrogant here: get out, for thou art of the meanest (of creatures)." (Qur'an 7:13)

Satan replies:

He said: "Give me respite till the day they are raised up." (Qur'an 7:14)

(God) said: "Be thou among those who have respite." (Qur'an 7:15)

God separates His followers from those who are swayed by Satan:

(God) said: "Respite then is granted thee –

"Till the Day of the Time Appointed."

(Iblis) said: "Then, by Thy power, I will put them all in the wrong, -

"Except Thy Servants amongst them, sincere and purified (by Thy Grace)."

(God) said: "Then it is just and fitting - and I say what is just and fitting –

"That I will certainly fill Hell with thee and those that follow thee, - every one."

(Qur'an 38:80-85)

Back to Adam. Adam is forbidden to eat of a tree. Man's first trial:

We said: "O Adam! dwell thou and thy wife in the Garden; and eat of the bountiful things therein as (where and when) ye will; but approach not this tree, or ye run into harm and transgression." (Qur'an 2:35)

Satan caused Adam and Eve to slip from Paradise, he lies to them and gives them false promises, like he lies to people who spend their lives in false ideologies:

Then began Satan to whisper suggestions to them, bringing openly before their minds all their shame that was hidden from them (before): he said: "Your Lord only forbade you this tree, lest ye should become angels or such beings as live for ever."

And he swore to them both, that he was their sincere adviser.
    (Qur'an 7:20-21)

Adam and Eve are ejected from the Garden:

"Then did Satan make them slip from the (Garden), and get them out of the state (of felicity) in which they had been. We said: 'Get ye down, all (ye people) with enmity between yourselves. On earth will be your dwelling place and your means of livelihood for a time." (Quran, 2:36)

Satan is boastful once again, he challenges God to allow him to lead astray as much of mankind as he can, he is furious with Jealousy because he is already damned:

He said: "Seest Thou? this is the one whom Thou hast honoured above me! If Thou wilt but respite me to the Day of Judgment, I will surely bring his descendants under my sway - all but a few!" (Qur'an 17:62)

God makes a covenant with Adam:

"We said: 'Get ye down all from here: And if, as is sure, there comes to you Guidance from Me, whosoever follows My guidance, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. But those who reject Faith and belie our Signs, they shall be companions of the Fire; they shall abide therein.' (Quran 2:38-39)

Continued, God reminds the children of Adam not to be swayed by their invisible enemies:

O ye Children of Adam! Let not Satan seduce you, in the same manner as He got your parents out of the Garden, stripping them of their raiment, to expose their shame: for he and his tribe watch you from a position where ye cannot see them: We made the evil ones friends (only) to those without faith. (Qur'an 7:27)

Adam REPENTS TO GOD AND HIS REPENTENCE IS ACCEPTED BY GOD. Adam must face the consequences of his transgression because God is Truth and does not fail on His promise, yet ADAM IS FORGIVEN FOR WHAT HE DID. Very important detail for those who falsely follow the notion of "Original Sin":

Then they twain ate thereof, so that their shame became apparent unto them, and they began to hide by heaping on themselves some of the leaves of the Garden. And Adam disobeyed his Lord, so went astray.

Afterwards his Lord accepted him, [on his repentance], and was turned unto him, and guided [him].

He said: "Get ye down, both of you, - all together, from the Garden, with enmity one to another: but if, as is sure, there comes to you Guidance from Me, whosoever follows My Guidance, will not lose his way, nor fall into misery.

"But whosoever turns away from My Message, verily for him is a life narrowed down, and We shall raise him up blind on the Day of Judgment."
    (Qur'an 20:121-122)

God begins the trial of the children of Adam on Earth, with a warning:

"It is He Who has created you; and of you are some that are unbelievers, and some that are believers: And Allah sees well all that ye do." (Quran 64:2)

To answer the original question: why did God not guide all of mankind?

"If Allah had so willed, He could have made them a single people: but He admits whom He will to His Mercy: and the wrongdoers will have no protector nor helper". (Quran 42:8)

God does not guide those that follow Satan, God does not guide the rebellious or the arrogant, only those who sincerely ask God for guidance:

It is equal to them whether thou pray for their forgiveness or not. Allah will not forgive them. Truly God guides not rebellious transgressors. (Qur'an 63:6)

"Say: 'If your father, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your tribes, the property you have acquired, the commerce in which you fear a decline, the homes in which you love, are dearer to you than God. His Apostle and the striving in his cause, then wait until God shall fulfill his decree. God does not guide the rebellious." (Qur'an 9:24)

What do all disbelievers have in common? They love themselves, they think highly of themselves, they are self-satisfied, they are rebellious, and worst of all, they are arrogant.

The Prophet (pbuh) said:

"One will not enter Paradise, if one has an atom’s weight of arrogance in his/her heart." a man then asked, "What about he who loves his clothes to look good and his shoes to look good?" The prophet replied, "Allah is beautiful and loves beauty, arrogance is: rejecting the truth and looking down on people."

And finally:

Whosoever goeth right, it is only for (the good of) his own soul that he goeth right, and whosoever erreth, erreth only to its hurt. No laden soul can bear another's load, We never punish until we have sent a messenger. (Qur'an 17:15)

Anyone who has received the Truth or had the chance to inquire about the Truth but rejected these opportunities will be judged based on the Truth on the Day of Judgement.

Everyone who warned or gave heed will testify against those who rejected. We will all face our Lord after we die and account for our words, deeds, and beliefs. Heaven and Hell are real, and God is the only reality. Do not be deluded by this passing world. We are all being tested with our time and money and health.

We were all created for one purpose only, there is only one reason you are alive today, there is only one obligation on Earth:

I created the jinn and humankind only that they might worship Me. No Sustenance do I require of them, nor do I require that they should feed Me. For God is He Who gives (all) Sustenance, - Lord of Power, - Steadfast (for ever). (Qur'an 51:56-58)

And God will judge between us all.

sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    just a note from what I am reading all responses are personal, and doesn't reflect at all any truth , if you wana know what the arab thinks go there and visit , because they have a completely different ideology than the one you are reading

Originally Posted by sicosico
    just a note from what I am reading all responses are personal, and doesn't reflect at all any truth , if you wana know what the arab thinks go there and visit , because they have a completely different ideology than the one you are reading
    i agree with KID but im white so it dont count

rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50) rizay will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Some important points:

1. The purpose of Islam is not to convince or convert anyone. It is a way of life, and the it is the duty of muslims only to convey its message and live accordingly for their own lives.

2. There are many "theories and interpretations" of many religions, and Islam is no exception, however, just because you see something being "advertised" day in day out on doesn't make it the real thing. Putting in perspective: Think about advertising in the supplement industry, and how many scams and misleading information there is out there.

3. sicosico: Don't confuse Arab with Muslim. There are a lot of politics around the world and there are some ulterior motives and misguided individuals. Just because it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck DOESN'T mean it is a duck in this case but instead a wolf in sheeps clothing.

4. Many people from all walks of life think they are right and everyone else is wrong, and usually their minds do not change. But argumentation does nothing but waste time and causes hatred. For those of us that just want to live and let live, I think have the best chances.

Bionik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bionik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bionik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bionik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bionik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bionik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bionik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

Capitalism and secularism deny God's existence and rule by human legislation, of course they are corrupt, they are the anti-thesis of divine law.
    How does Capitalism deny God's existence? I'm a capitalist and I believe in God. Also, the alternatives to capitalism (socialism and communism) are the ones which actually increase the growth of government, and thus rule by human legislation.

Originally Posted by Bionik
    How does Capitalism deny God's existence? I'm a capitalist and I believe in God. Also, the alternatives to capitalism (socialism and communism) are the ones which actually increase the growth of government, and thus rule by human legislation.
    Capitalism does not recognize religion, but rather, places it aside as an accessory to life. By ignoring the role that the Creator of the Universe, the Lord of the World, plays in the affairs of men, it denies God. It insists on the separation of religion from life and advocates that life should be organized according to this separation, man-made legislation, and according to benefit and materialistic pros and cons.

I mean congratulations. The Pharisees abandoned God's laws for their Rabbinical laws and were called vipers by Jesus (pbuh) who came to return them to their true Mosaic laws and add some spirituality to their Godless and hypocritical money-changing existence. Now the entire world is based on a system that cannot survive except through usury.

So in reality, when you actually consider what Capitalism is, you cannot be a capitalist Christian.

Bionik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bionik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bionik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bionik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bionik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bionik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bionik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Capitalism does not recognize religion, but rather, places it aside as an accessory to life. By ignoring the role that the Creator of the Universe, the Lord of the World, plays in the affairs of men, it denies God. It insists on the separation of religion from life and advocates that life should be organized according to this separation, man-made legislation, and according to benefit and materialistic pros and cons.

I mean congratulations. The Pharisees abandoned God's laws for their Rabbinical laws and were called vipers by Jesus (pbuh) who came to return them to their true Mosaic laws and add some spirituality to their Godless and hypocritical money-changing existence. Now the entire world is based on a system that cannot survive except through usury.

So in reality, when you actually consider what Capitalism is, you cannot be a capitalist Christian.
    Well, I'm not a Christian... a deist, rather. However, I do think that Christians can be legitimate capitalists. Anyways, are you saying that religion should be imposed by government and even in the form of economics? The bible talks about the free will of man enabling them to perform good deeds and be recognized in passage to heaven. If a socialist system is in place, the government controls funds, placing them outside the realm of choice of the individual. Thus, I can not see how socialism recognizes any God, as it takes by force, often times without consent (i.e. stealing) the property of individuals and gives it to others who often times neither need nor deserve it. Also, such a system makes it less likely for individuals to give to one another, as they already assume the government has taken care of it, diminishing the effect of brotherhood.

Originally Posted by Bionik
    Well, I'm not a Christian... a deist, rather. However, I do think that Christians can be legitimate capitalists.
    Can't imagine that at all, as I explained above.

Anyways, are you saying that religion should be imposed by government and even in the form of economics?
    I'm saying that God has left nothing to doubt. There is a full political and economical system outlined by God.

The bible talks about the free will of man enabling them to perform good deeds and be recognized in passage to heaven. If a socialist system is in place, the government controls funds, placing them outside the realm of choice of the individual. Thus, I can not see how socialism recognizes any God, as it takes by force, often times without consent (i.e. stealing) the property of individuals and gives it to others who often times neither need nor deserve it. Also, such a system makes it less likely for individuals to give to one another, as they already assume the government has taken care of it, diminishing the effect of brotherhood.
    This is why Socialism/Communism is also a false and godless ideology.

Disagree...Islam does not prevent or blockade individuals from making money, or discourage trade or commerce. In fact the exact opposite. Islam sets rules and a framework for better, stronger, and more honest business practices, and MANDATES that those who are in higher positions monetarily must pay a certain percentage of their income for the less fortunate.

Can't imagine that at all, as I explained above.

I'm saying that God has left nothing to doubt. There is a full political and economical system outlined by God.

This is why Socialism/Communism is also a false and godless ideology.
    Could you describe to me the full economic and political system outlined by god? I don't see what kind of economics you could be referring to if it's outside the realm of capitalism/collectivism.

Originally Posted by rizay
    Islam does not prevent or blockade individuals from making money, or discourage trade or commerce. In fact the exact opposite. Islam sets rules and a framework for better, stronger, and more honest business practices, and MANDATES that those who are in higher positions monetarily must pay a certain percentage of their income for the less fortunate.
    Yes, but brother you're using the words "commerce" and "Capitalism" interchangeably. "Commerce" and "Capitalism" have very distinct meanings. Commerce is permitted as you described above while Capitalism is inherently un-Islamic.

It is based on usury. Usury is the only crime in the Qur'an where God declares:

O ye who believe! Fear God, and give up what remains of your demand for usury, if ye are indeed believers.

And if ye do not, then be warned of war (against you) from God and His messenger. And if ye repent, then ye have your principal (without interest). Wrong not, and ye shall not be wronged. (Qur'an 2:278-279)

Closed Thread