coal cracker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question How many carbs for breakfast??

What would be around the right amount of carbs for breakfast? I've always just ate all protein for breakfast and was reading how we need carbs first thing in the morn. to prevent catabolism.
    HILLER FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!JUST LIFT THE SH*T!!!

coal cracker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also I'm gonna start taking fish oil with my protein before bed. How Many mg. should I take.
    HILLER FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!JUST LIFT THE SH*T!!!

mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ya bro, carbs is something you need first thing along with protein.

... I'm not sure what your goals/stats are but you might be able to get away with some fruit firs thing AM to replenish your muscle glycogen.

Myself My first meal is pre-workout so I take a little more carbs then someone who isnt working out first thing AM.

IMO..Breakfast is the the meal where you should consume abotu 25% of your daily calories.
    Motivation + Goals + Circumstance = Success

cita.mr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cita.mr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cita.mr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cita.mr1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mondesi02
    ya bro, carbs is something you need first thing along with protein.

... I'm not sure what your goals/stats are but you might be able to get away with some fruit firs thing AM to replenish your muscle glycogen.

Myself My first meal is pre-workout so I take a little more carbs then someone who isnt working out first thing AM.

IMO..Breakfast is the the meal where you should consume abotu 25% of your daily calories.

What do you mean "get away with some fruit" ... Apples/oranges are some of the lowest GI impacting carbohydrates out there. Fruit is healthy, and it's important in the diet.

mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000)
    Eat most carbs at breakfast. More carbs early in the day and lower carbs late..
    "Also I do recommend steroids for all depressed males, and not anti depressants." - Nasser El Sonbaty IFBB PRO 2007

mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by cita.mr1
    What do you mean "get away with some fruit" ... Apples/oranges are some of the lowest GI impacting carbohydrates out there. Fruit is healthy, and it's important in the diet.
    ..depends what your goals are...

Fruits may be beneficial health-wise,...but fructose has limited uses in our bodies. It's not used to fill muscle glycogen reserves and once liver glycogen reserves are full, excess fructose can be easily stored as fat.

...IMO high-fructose diets are second only to high saturated fat diets in ruining definition.

I stay away from to much fruit. One serving in the morning is all I need.
    Motivation + Goals + Circumstance = Success

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not a big fan of fruit either, I would opt for higher fiber fruits like pears,apples and berries instead of cirtrus fruits. I do avoid fruits even though I know there are nutrients etc in them. I opt for veggies and I dont get an insulin crash either. If cutting I would drop them or if u do have them take the fruit in the AM. There are many different opinions in this the same goes with dairy many people still remain very very low BF while drinking skim milk
    Sixpack
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Every morning for breakfast I have a heaping plate of egg whites, 1-1.25 cups of oatmeal and some cantaloupe and blueberries. It works out well for me and keeps me satiated.
    Do every act in your life as if it were the last - Marcus Aurelius

saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    my daily breakfast for the last few months has been:
    1 c of old fashioned oats(sometimes to make it thicker, i use .75 oats .25 oat bran=1 c oats)
    .5 c of Fiber One
    .25 c of wheat bran
    1 granny smith apple
    4 egg whites
    .5 c of cottage cheese
    Totals: 615 cals 7g fat 114g carbs(34g fiber=80g net carbs) 47g protein

ive been eating this breakfast for maintaining and cutting, and when i start bulking soon i will eat the same amount if not more. i know the fiber is a little high but i have ibs and have noticed that i need to get a good amount of fiber in my diet to keep everything running right.
    this signature was purchased by melon:

"incongruous penguin"