SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is it really impossible to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time?

I think that theory is complete bs. To provide an exaggerated example, let's take someone who is 5'10", 200 lbs, 20% bf. Do you REALLY think that if this guy lifts hard for 10 years and keeps his calories EXACTLY at the maintenance level (pretend that it's possible), he will not gain an ounce of muscle and he will not lose an ounce of fat?

Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think nobody says that it's impossible. It's just that it's much more difficult.

In some circumstances it may be easier, like for someone who has a lot of fat, like 20%. But generaly speaking, you still need 2800 calories to build 1 lb of muscle. Where do you get them from if you're at maintenance? From fat loss? If you're at maintenance, you will loose very little fat, it will take a ****load of time to get 2800 calories..

Unless you're a beginner with a lot of fat, it's probably not the most effective strategy. You're better of doing clean bulks and clean cuts.

timewasted has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I started out at 5' 11", 255 pounds with a bodyfat over 30%. I began lifting, doing no cardio whatsoever. In 4 months I lost 40 pounds of fat, and YES I do have muscle mass which I did not have before. My chest, back, triceps, biceps, and hamstrings have shown noticeable muscle growth. It may not be up to the level of others who are straight bulking, but you can lose fat and build muscle at the same time.

Grapplers Gym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grapplers Gym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grapplers Gym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grapplers Gym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grapplers Gym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grapplers Gym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grapplers Gym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grapplers Gym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grapplers Gym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grapplers Gym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grapplers Gym is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Training and burning fat

Resistance training of any kind will burn fat if the intensity level is high enough. Look at power lifters these guys are hugh and many dont do any cardio. Now they are not Mr. Olympia but you need to look at what it is you want to get out of your training program.

It also comes down to the proper diet so dont think working out and eating junk is going to cut it.

Mike
    www.grapplersgym.com