cowboys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Stretch Marks After Weight Loss

Ok I know it's common to get stretch marks after gaining weight, but I have lost some weight in the last past week so why am I getting stretch marks now in places they haven't been before? Am I losing weight too quickly? My stomach has shrunk considerably in the last week and a half and now I have fresh red marks on my belly. This is so scary and discouraging. Is this common and will it go away?

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cowboys View Post
    Ok I know it's common to get stretch marks after gaining weight, but I have lost some weight in the last past week so why am I getting stretch marks now in places they haven't been before? Am I losing weight too quickly? My stomach has shrunk considerably in the last week and a half and now I have fresh red marks on my belly. This is so scary and discouraging. Is this common and will it go away?
    You don't get stretch marks from losing weight. Only when your skin has to expand quicker than it would like (either from fat gain or muscle gain).

If you haven't done anything else that might cause them, then perhaps you are just noticing them more now that you have lost the weight. Other than that, I'm not too sure, as weight loss will not cause new stretch marks around your midsection. You might get stretch marks in other areas from weight training (I got some in my upper chest near my armpits), but I don't think your working your stomach that much to stretch that area out through your weight training
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

GymGuy44 is not very helpful. (-500) GymGuy44 is not very helpful. (-500) GymGuy44 is not very helpful. (-500) GymGuy44 is not very helpful. (-500) GymGuy44 is not very helpful. (-500) GymGuy44 is not very helpful. (-500) GymGuy44 is not very helpful. (-500) GymGuy44 is not very helpful. (-500) GymGuy44 is not very helpful. (-500) GymGuy44 is not very helpful. (-500) GymGuy44 is not very helpful. (-500)
    yeh i got some on my gut and im losing weight also and they seeming more visablee

daddarioc is on a distinguished road. (+10) daddarioc is on a distinguished road. (+10) daddarioc is on a distinguished road. (+10) daddarioc is on a distinguished road. (+10) daddarioc is on a distinguished road. (+10) daddarioc is on a distinguished road. (+10) daddarioc is on a distinguished road. (+10) daddarioc is on a distinguished road. (+10) daddarioc is on a distinguished road. (+10) daddarioc is on a distinguished road. (+10) daddarioc is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    They will fade after time, but will probably never go away completely (unless you get them laser removed).

Tanning can also help improve the appearance of the areas. Cocoa butter or lotion can help in areas when you're bulking to keep skin moisturized, but this may not help everyone.

Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by daddarioc View Post
    They will fade after time, but will probably never go away completely (unless you get them laser removed).

Tanning can also help improve the appearance of the areas.
    +1

Genetics is the biggest factor, so you'll have to wait and see. There is not a lot you can do, though. Losing weight slowly is the best advice, as your skin will bounce back better. It is better to be a healthy weight and lose that fat than to worry about stretch marks. They can be your reminder never to go back to the weight you were.

Have a good one.
    My Will Is Hot Molten Lava