DJ_Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

wrist popped out of socket.

can you guys help me? i was just doing military press x 6 with spotter, then after that exercise, i did the side lateral raise or whatever with DB's, then suddenly my wrist hurt, and it popped, i dropped the weight.

i quickly grab my wrist with my other hand out of involuntary act, and as soon as i grabbed it, it popped back in.

when i tried to proceed doing the exercises, i could hardly lift it for 1 rep, I knew it would pop out again, I could feel it.

So i skipped that exercise, i just went to do tricep exercises.. It didnt hurt that much at all.

Why does it hurt when I do side lat raises and front lat raises? What should i do?

Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ....maybe try going to a hospital? lol

You've dislocated it. Its popped back into the socket but the bone is probably damaged and the cartilage holding it in has probably snapped (correct me if i'm mistaken, science isn't my best subject )

DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yeah I agree with Kaos. sounds like you've torn a ligament and screwed up the cartilige.... ahhhh..... go to a hospital for an MRI and xray.

Metal Mikey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metal Mikey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metal Mikey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metal Mikey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metal Mikey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metal Mikey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metal Mikey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can wrists "pop" out of "sockets"??
    I never knew.
    I thought only shoulders could do that.

DJ_Mike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Metal Mikey
    Can wrists "pop" out of "sockets"??
    I never knew.
    I thought only shoulders could do that.
    well it did.. so yes it can. thank god it just popped right back.

AntiZone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    definitly get it looked at... and dont workout with it either... i also had something like that happen to me... except it was my shoulder that was dislocated... no working out for a while...

momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There are 8 tiny bones that make up the wrist which are bound together by ligaments that maintain their position. When one of these ligaments are "torn or stretched," a "popping" noise may be heard when these bones are moved. This condition is actually considered a sprain and if you feel pain while lifting, you should discontinue the those lifts for a period of time. These ligaments will eventually return to their normal position or repair themselves (if damaged) and you'll be good to go once again.

R3N3GAD3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) R3N3GAD3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) R3N3GAD3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) R3N3GAD3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) R3N3GAD3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) R3N3GAD3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) R3N3GAD3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) R3N3GAD3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) R3N3GAD3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) R3N3GAD3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) R3N3GAD3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Your joints (specifically the wrist) in this case is unable to handle the ammount of pressure thats allocated by the dumbell. The first thing to do is to get the wrist checked out ,and make sure you havn't damaged it. Once your able to lift freely again, make sure you incorporate ALOT of grip work in order to maintain a positive balance in your arms (your wrists are able to support as much weight as your shoulders). Plate pinches, wrist curls, reverse curls, and other various exercises will help with this.

BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Wrists don't have sockets. They are hinge connected.

momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) momomuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by R3N3GAD3
    Your joints (specifically the wrist) in this case is unable to handle the ammount of pressure thats allocated by the dumbell. The first thing to do is to get the wrist checked out ,and make sure you havn't damaged it. Once your able to lift freely again, make sure you incorporate ALOT of grip work in order to maintain a positive balance in your arms (your wrists are able to support as much weight as your shoulders). Plate pinches, wrist curls, reverse curls, and other various exercises will help with this.
    R3N3GAD3, there is no pressure involved in this type of situation as there is no compression in this type of movement. He simply stretched a ligament, that's all. As for getting it checked out, that's always a good route to go.

I don't understand why you suggest grip work in this case, however. Since the wrist is made up of ligaments and not muscle, there really is no need to do any special exercises to "strengthen" the wrist.

Originally Posted by BeHappy
    Wrists don't have sockets. They are hinge connected.

Actually, that's incorrect. The wrist is a synovial joint, or freely movable joint, that is classified as an ellipsoidal joint and not a hinge joint like you stated. An ellipsoidal joint deals with two planes: along or across the length of the oval.