peiqinglong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question about weight lifting everyday

My gf and I have a disagreement over this...is it ok to weight lift everyday?

For example, here is my workout routine as far as weights:

M - Chest
    T - Biceps
    W - Triceps
    Th - Shoulders/Backs/Legs

My gf on the other hand insists that I shouldn't be doing weights everyday and I should do them only 3 times a week, but I don't see how that would be any different than what I'm doing cause if I was to do weights only 3 times a week it would have to be something like this:

M - Chest/Triceps
    W - Biceps/Backs
    F - Legs/Shoulders

So is there any advantages or disadvantages as to doing weights 4 days a week consecutively but not same muscle as opposed to 3 times a week with a day rest in between?

EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Re: Question about weight lifting everyday

Originally posted by peiqinglong

M - Chest
    T - Biceps
    W - Triceps

My gf on the other hand insists that I shouldn't be doing weights everyday and I should do them only 3 times a week, but I don't see how that would be any different than what I'm doing cause if I was to do weights only 3 times a week it would have to be something like this:

M - Chest/Triceps
    W - Biceps/Backs
    F - Legs/Shoulders

So is there any advantages or disadvantages as to doing weights 4 days a week consecutively but not same muscle as opposed to 3 times a week with a day rest in between?
    Your girlfriend is right on this one. Nothing wrong with a four day split. But that to me should be the maximum, and it should NOT be performed on four consecutive days. A better idea would be monday, tuesday, thursday, friday. Also, shoulders a day after triceps is a no no.

Change your split to Back and Biceps on monday, chest and triceps on tuesday, Legs on thursday, and shoulders/Traps/Abs on friday.

My suggestion would be this

Monday
    *Deadlift
    *Pull Ups/Chin Ups
    *Bent Row
    *Straight Bar Curl
    *Hammer Curl

Tuesday
    *Flat Bench Press
    *Incline Bench Press
    *Dips
    *Close Grip Bench Press
    *Skullcrusher

Thursday
    *Squat
    *Stiff Leg Deadlift
    *Lunge
    *Standing Calf Raise
    *Seated Calf Raise

Friday
    *Military Press
    *Side Lateral Raise
    *Shrug
    *Weighted Crunch
    *Weighted Reverse Crunch

SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10) SaNdMaN is on a distinguished road. (+10)

M - Chest
    T - Biceps
    W - Triceps
    What kind of split is that? You give biceps and triceps their own days, but then you have shoulders, back, and legs all on ONE DAY? wtf? Are you doing more sets for bis and tris than you do for shoulders, back and legs?

narak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Re: Question about weight lifting everyday

Originally posted by SaNdMaN
    What kind of split is that? You give biceps and triceps their own days, but then you have shoulders, back, and legs all on ONE DAY? wtf? Are you doing more sets for bis and tris than you do for shoulders, back and legs?
    I want to know too...

imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Re: Re: Re: Question about weight lifting everyday

Originally posted by narak
    I want to know too...
    me too too...
    -Mortality-

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)

Re: Re: Re: Question about weight lifting everyday

Originally posted by narak
    I want to know too...
    and me

Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10)

M - Chest
    T - Biceps
    W - Triceps

M - Chest/Triceps
    W - Biceps/Backs
    F - Legs/Shoulders

your gf could be really right... it mostly depends from your beginning conditions, so from your maturity concerning weights, your lifestyle, your work, your sleep, your genetic etc... 4 times a week could be possible for a mature athlete with everything well settled concerning nutrition, rest, and every other aspect of his life...while could be too much for a people living a life with an heavy job, a family to take care, few good hours of sleep per day etc and possibly a not so lucky genetic... so the problem is to analyze your situation and then give a more rigorous answer to the question...
    the split your gf advices to you is very good concerning recovery but not written on the stones...we are individuals and so everyone could do better in other similarly effective ripartitions

your routine is not so good instead...because i think there is too much attention on particular muscles, without considering the body as something which must be really balanced to have an impressive look and functionality
    so you should begin to prepare routines, considering a balancing between horizzontal push and pull, vertical push and pull, hip dominant movements and quads dominant movements and then add some accessory movements for arms , upper traps and calves...
    in this way you could also prepare a good 4 times a week routine...

Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stefanogym is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    and never forget external rotators work!

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Both of those splits suck but your g.f`s split looks better , lifting weights everyday is a surefire way to shrink
    5'11 @ 220lbs.
    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of
    legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice

i confirm that weight lifting everyday is a suicide...only people under roids could do it, and it s not the best way at the same

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Definitely no need to give biceps and triceps their own day. Very small muscles compared to the rest of the body. IMO a 3 or 4 day split is the best scenario for most people. But not with biceps and triceps alone. Waste of time and energy.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

One of the main reasons I lift weights everyday is because of time issues. It takes roughly 1hr between me and friend to get each muscle done. I was always under the impression that giving the full attention to a single muscle per day would allow it to fully build...I guess I was wrong.

So if I want to weight lift to tone right now and I'm doing cardio in the morning (5am for 1hr of cardio and later at 7pm for weights), what would be an ideal workout reigment that would involve only Monday, Wednesday, and Friday?

Chase Brawn is not very helpful. (-500) Chase Brawn is not very helpful. (-500) Chase Brawn is not very helpful. (-500) Chase Brawn is not very helpful. (-500) Chase Brawn is not very helpful. (-500) Chase Brawn is not very helpful. (-500) Chase Brawn is not very helpful. (-500) Chase Brawn is not very helpful. (-500) Chase Brawn is not very helpful. (-500) Chase Brawn is not very helpful. (-500) Chase Brawn is not very helpful. (-500)
    It all depends on how intense you train...how many sets how close to failure ect. There is nothing wrong with doing a 6 day a week routine even as long as you dont go to failure all the time keep your sets low and eat like a mofo...and get lots of sleep and most importantly actuallly have the time to pull it off.3-5 days a week is optimal for me. Right now i train 4-5. The most important thing is that each individual muscle is fully recovered by the next time you hit it. It depends on the individual also...if it seems like your overtraining then drop a day drop a day ect until you see what works for you.

Furious E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Furious E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Furious E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Furious E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Furious E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Furious E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Furious E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Furious E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Furious E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Furious E is on a distinguished road. (+10) Furious E is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    4 days in a row is fine since you get 3 days of rest. it would be better though if you had a one day break in between the 4 days.