Closed Thread
    pumpingiron2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What are the healthiest cigarettes?

I know that most companies have Light versions of their cigarettes, but does anyone know which is healthier?

Also, are cigars healthier?

Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    no cigarettes are healthy, also avoid cigars, you dont take the smoke back so u are more likely to develop throat cancer

deserteagle50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deserteagle50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deserteagle50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deserteagle50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deserteagle50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deserteagle50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deserteagle50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deserteagle50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deserteagle50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deserteagle50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deserteagle50 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Really, there are no "safe" cigarettes. They are all bad for you.

I'm a light smoker, myself (only a few a day...a pack will last 3 days for me) and I somke marlboro lights. Lights have less tar/nicotine than full flavor, and Ultra Lights have even less.

As far as cigars go, inhaling one is equivalent to several cigarettes. I guess it's not that bad if you just puff a cigar every now and then for the flavor.

Originally posted by deserteagle50
    Really, there are no "safe" cigarettes. They are all bad for you.

I'm a light smoker, myself (only a few a day...a pack will last 3 days for me) and I somke marlboro lights. Lights have less tar/nicotine than full flavor, and Ultra Lights have even less.

As far as cigars go, inhaling one is equivalent to several cigarettes. I guess it's not that bad if you just puff a cigar every now and then for the flavor.

What brand are Ultra Lights? Also, how do I learn to inhale properly -- how long do you keep the smoke down before exhaling?

Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't smoke.

Originally posted by Miracle Fingers
    I don't smoke.
    I bet you've tried it though.

goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Talking

lol sounds like a thread builder548 would make.

The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by pumpingiron2004
    What brand are Ultra Lights? Also, how do I learn to inhale properly -- how long do you keep the smoke down before exhaling?
    you ****ing tool, you dont even know HOW to smoke and you wanna start now knowing the health risks? What are you trying to look cool or something? Thats the lamest thing Ive ever heard. I started smoking at 16 and quit last year at 20, and my lung capacity when running or working out still isnt back to 100%. Kiss your lifting progress goodbye...
    "I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes."
    -- Frank Sinatra

Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miracle Fingers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I bet you've tried it though.
    Nope.

Never.

dillon1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillon1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillon1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillon1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillon1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillon1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillon1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillon1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillon1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillon1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillon1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    vitarettes

Originally posted by Miracle Fingers
    Nope.

Never.
    Dude there's no way you're telling the truth!

EVERYONE has at least tried a cigarette, I'm not talkin about pot.

gluon999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gluon999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gluon999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gluon999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Swaggydoo
    no cigarettes are healthy, also avoid cigars, you dont take the smoke back so u are more likely to develop throat cancer
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. "
    T.R.

deserteagle50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deserteagle50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deserteagle50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deserteagle50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deserteagle50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deserteagle50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deserteagle50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deserteagle50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deserteagle50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deserteagle50 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deserteagle50 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I know marlboro puts them out...not sure about other brands.

As far as inhaling, it's just something you have to get used to. The first few times it's going to burn like hell and taste like ****. You'll cough, choke, gag...whatever. Normally you inhale the smoke and blow it right back out after a second or two. Prepare to be dizzy and slightly nauseaed(sp?) if you've never smoked before and your body is not used to nicotine.

Be warned though...smoking is a nasty habit that is HIGHLY addictive. You will receive **** from people for the rest of your life if you choose to be a smoker. Regardless, I smoke and I say to each his own.

Dude there's no way you're telling the truth!

EVERYONE has at least tried a cigarette, I'm not talkin about pot.
    This is the honest truth,

I have never, ever, tried a cigarette.

Originally posted by The Bassist
    . Kiss your lifting progress goodbye...
    That's not 100% true...

Will smoking slow your progress down a bit? Yes.

Can you still smoke and make gains? Yes.

Now if you smoke 3 packs a day like some people that I know, then yeah, you won't be doing much physical activity...but i've been smoking for a couple years now and I still work out 3-4 x a week and I can do my normal activities without getting out of breath. But like I said, i'm not a heavy smoker.

The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Bassist is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by deserteagle50
    That's not 100% true...

Will smoking slow your progress down a bit? Yes.

Can you still smoke and make gains? Yes.

Now if you smoke 3 packs a day like some people that I know, then yeah, you won't be doing much physical activity...but i've been smoking for a couple years now and I still work out 3-4 x a week and I can do my normal activities without getting out of breath. But like I said, i'm not a heavy smoker.

how long have you been smoking? couple years?

It took about 3 years of a 10-15 ciggs a day, maybe a pack a day the most, for me to really notice how short of breath I was getting from not even that exerting myself that much. Also you start to cough in the morning and **** like that. Scared me into quitting. You may not realize it, but its probably hindering you somewhat if only just slightly.
    Last edited by The Bassist; 09-02-2004 at 03:09 PM.
    "I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes."
    -- Frank Sinatra

Registered User user8977411000993's Avatar
    user8977411000993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user8977411000993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user8977411000993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user8977411000993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user8977411000993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user8977411000993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user8977411000993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user8977411000993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user8977411000993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user8977411000993 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user8977411000993 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So you don't already smoke, but you want to start? WTF for? Whats the point of smoking something that does absolutely nothing for you except increase your chances of cancer and a whole bunch of other diseases?

how long have you been smoking? couple years?

It took about 3 years of a 10-15 ciggs a day, maybe a pack a day the most, for me to really notice how short of breath I was getting from not even that exerting myself that much. Also you start to cough in the morning and **** like that. Scared me into quitting. You may not realize it, but its probably hindering you somewhat if only just slightly.
    Almost 2 years...

The only time I will smoke an entire pack in one day is if I smoke my normal 6-8 during the day and I go out drinking that night. For some reason drinking beer at a bar/club makes me wanna smoke like crazy. This happens a couple of times a month at most. And it's weird...after one of those days when i smoke a whole pack, it'll take about 2 days for my cravings to come back. I haven't experienced the "oh it's morning, let's hack up a lung" yet

Originally posted by DukeLordxX
    So you don't already smoke, but you want to start? WTF for? Whats the point of smoking something that does absolutely nothing for you except increase your chances of cancer and a whole bunch of other diseases?
    My b/f smokes and always busts on me that I don't cause he says it would make me learn to please him better.

He's a real jerk sometimes.

My b/f smokes and always busts on me that I don't cause he says it would make me learn to please him better.

He's a real jerk sometimes.
    Please don't start smoking to "please your boyfriend". I don't remember my exact reason for starting, but it def wasn't to make someone of the opposite sex happy.

miniBilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) miniBilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you ****ing tool, you dont even know HOW to smoke and you wanna start now knowing the health risks? What are you trying to look cool or something? Thats the lamest thing Ive ever heard. I started smoking at 16 and quit last year at 20, and my lung capacity when running or working out still isnt back to 100%. Kiss your lifting progress goodbye...
    Same thing here dude started when i was 16 and quit like a month ago. Now I am 21 and I hope I never smoke again cause its just not healthy, bothers me when i workout and i always felt like i am a slave to the nicotine. The only good thing i can say is that lungs can actually regenerate after few years of not smoking so there is still hope for you me and others like us. If ur a bodybuilder its just pointless to smoke, i am glad i changed my lifestyle and that i am not wasting my life sitting on the couch and watching TV all fawking day, and driniking coffee and smoking. Go to the gym people, pump some iron its better than smoking