typewriter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Biceps/Triceps weight ratio help?

Hi I'm pretty new to weight lifting, I have been lifting for about 3 months now mainly doing biceps (on 15kg dumbells now) usually doing 3 sets of 10, 4 times a week ish.

I realise triceps make up more of your arm and are important to work out as well, my question is if I am lifting 15kg on one bicep how much approximately should I lift in relation on that tricep. I am doing about 7kg on each at the moment, is this too little or too much?

Also what I do not understand is if the triceps are bigger, why can I lift more on the bicep!!

Thanks!

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    no relation and it depends on the exercises you're comparing.

Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Re: Biceps/Triceps weight ratio help?

Originally posted by typewriter
    Hi I'm pretty new to weight lifting, I have been lifting for about 3 months now mainly doing biceps (on 15kg dumbells now) usually doing 3 sets of 10, 4 times a week ish.

I realise triceps make up more of your arm and are important to work out as well, my question is if I am lifting 15kg on one bicep how much approximately should I lift in relation on that tricep. I am doing about 7kg on each at the moment, is this too little or too much?

Also what I do not understand is if the triceps are bigger, why can I lift more on the bicep!!

Thanks!
    You need to read up sonny.

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Re: Biceps/Triceps weight ratio help?

Originally posted by Striver
    You need to read up sonny.
    agreed, read :

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=316377