UnknownWarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need Help With Chest Growth...

well ever since i started working out ive noticed everybody part has been growing except for chest...its kinda weird cuz my arms stick out more than my chest...

all ive done was just flat bench before and some flyes...and i still can't make them grow...but ever since i started doing incline ive noticed some slight improvement...

im also doing the 5x5 and i have only once chest workout in the program...

basically here is my chest day:
    incline bench press
    military press
    skull crushers

so should i add another chest workout to help stimulate chest growth? cuz i really want to improve my chest...

thanks

Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cuchulainn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Many of life's failures are men who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

-Thomas Edison

R.I.P. Grandma 5/12/07 user178944's Avatar
    user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user178944 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    powered by bb.com

wow i still can't get my chest to grow...i can't see any improvement...kinda weird because every part of my body is growing especially my arms but my chest stay flat...

friends keep on makin fun of me cuz how my arms are big and i have not chest...iono im just tired of having no chest...

should i add more chest exercises or what are the best chest exercises to increase mass?

johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by UnknownWarrior View Post
    wow i still can't get my chest to grow...i can't see any improvement...kinda weird because every part of my body is growing especially my arms but my chest stay flat...

friends keep on makin fun of me cuz how my arms are big and i have not chest...iono im just tired of having no chest...

should i add more chest exercises or what are the best chest exercises to increase mass?
    I dropped flat bench and the following exercises have helped me most with chest development: incline DB, decline DB, dips, and ATrainer Flyes at all angles (if you don't know what these are, check the exercise forum stickies).

kickbackking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kickbackking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kickbackking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kickbackking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kickbackking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kickbackking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kickbackking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kickbackking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kickbackking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kickbackking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kickbackking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by UnknownWarrior View Post
    well ever since i started working out ive noticed everybody part has been growing except for chest...its kinda weird cuz my arms stick out more than my chest...

all ive done was just flat bench before and some flyes...and i still can't make them grow...but ever since i started doing incline ive noticed some slight improvement...

im also doing the 5x5 and i have only once chest workout in the program...

basically here is my chest day:
    incline bench press
    military press
    skull crushers

so should i add another chest workout to help stimulate chest growth? cuz i really want to improve my chest...

thanks

so on chest day you only train incline bench for your chest as well as training your triceps and your shoulders...?

Ok seriously how about this for a chest day....
    flat barbell benchpress 4 sets
    incline dumbell flyes 4 sets
    pec dec machine 4 sets

that is a real chest workout ... man skullcrushers dont hit the chest one bit

Originally Posted by kickbackking View Post
    so on chest day you only train incline bench for your chest as well as training your triceps and your shoulders...?

Ok seriously how about this for a chest day....
    flat barbell benchpress 4 sets
    incline dumbell flyes 4 sets
    pec dec machine 4 sets

that is a real chest workout ... man skullcrushers dont hit the chest one bit
    oops i meant that, that was my chest/shoulders/triceps day...

so i should still add 3 chest exercises on that day?

Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Man... you're 147lbs, and not ripped to shreds. You're not gonna have any kind of decent chest at that weight.

For the record, your chest is just about noticeably there in your pictures, that's an achievement enough at 147lbs and I suggest that may growing slowly and steadily and you're just not noticing it. Only progress pictures taken in the same lighting context several months apart can really answer that question.

If you're worried about it growing focus on a flat bench movement or/and the parallel bar dip. I like 2-4 sets an exercise 6-12 reps, I think it's a foolproof enough recommendation for most people who aren't advanced trainers.

I don't think there's anything wrong with you doing only one chest movement BTW. I'd personally worry about multiple exercises per bodypart when you're bigger and reasonably strong.
    Interested in investing in militarizing poultry? Based in our Southernmost continent, no local taxes, no laws to worry about, guaranteed return! PM for further details

^

its just that people are all talkin crap how my arms don't match my "chest"...like friends poke fun at me about my chest...they say "your arms don't match your small chest" etc...iono

kickbackking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kickbackking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kickbackking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kickbackking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kickbackking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kickbackking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kickbackking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kickbackking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kickbackking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kickbackking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kickbackking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    man people at your age dont really know **** about bodies.. yeah to be honest i think with overall mass your chest will grow... but when i was your age at shcool i didnt really do bench press only like pec dec machine and it really grew my pecs... strange hey

Mr_Slim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr_Slim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr_Slim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr_Slim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr_Slim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr_Slim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr_Slim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr_Slim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr_Slim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr_Slim is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr_Slim is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    if you want your chest to grow, you need to do compound exercises on the muscle group.

doing things like fly's and cross overs, pec dec etc are good for toning, strengthening the muscle, and you will gain a little bit of size too. but your gains will be limited.

for the real gains you need to do the big compound exercises, using not only your chest, but the surrounding muscles. examples are

BB Bench
    DB Bench (i like this one - more ROM than BB Bench as there is no bar hitting your chest, meaning you can go lower than bench)
    Incline / Decline Bench

They're your big ones, there are some more if you look in the exercises section of the supersite. but you should be doing at least 1 of the compound exercises if you want to gain, and then put in at least 1 isolation exercise (pec dec, flys etc) to strengthen and tone.

also make sure you're doing the right amount reps and sets. For mass gain, i like 4x6, with a warm up on a light weight for the first exercise you do. however every body is different, and this may not work for you. try a rep/set program for about 5wks and if you're not happy, change.

probably one of the biggest things to remember is to GO TO FAILURE. the muscle needs to be overloaded if it is to grow (which brings me on to my next point) but you need to make sure you can't lift anymore, otherwise - no gains. If you can lift more than you currently are, your muscle won't try to grow.

the final point is progressive overload - make sure you're doing heavier weights everytime you work out. if you aim for 6reps and you get 6reps, then next time lift heavier, even if you're only able to get 4 or 5

Thanks mate, hope that helps a bit!

Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mr_Slim View Post

probably one of the biggest things to remember is to GO TO FAILURE. the muscle needs to be overloaded if it is to grow (which brings me on to my next point) but you need to make sure you can't lift anymore, otherwise - no gains. If you can lift more than you currently are, your muscle won't try to grow.

the final point is progressive overload - make sure you're doing heavier weights everytime you work out. if you aim for 6reps and you get 6reps, then next time lift heavier, even if you're only able to get 4 or 5
    Progressive overload - yes. Failure, NOT essential. It can help some and hinder others. Add 1 - 1.5lbs a workout, and you can progress at a linear pace, usually making much more progress in a year than those trying to add larger increments of weight or trying to regain a rep target they miss.
    Interested in investing in militarizing poultry? Based in our Southernmost continent, no local taxes, no laws to worry about, guaranteed return! PM for further details

Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000) Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000) Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000) Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000) Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000) Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000) Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000) Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000) Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000) Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000) Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have always had trouble with my chest. Proper technique is crucial for some people, but that wasnt enough for me. Try using the OVT chest routine, ive been doing it for 3 weeks and have seen noticable size and strength gains in my chest.

DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidL913 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have problem stimulating the chest muscle....I dunno I have tried so many diff. angles with benching and it just won't hit the chest. I've been lifting for a year already. maybe my motor path and body is so use to my crappy form it just won't get out of it.....I'm ganna try lifting the barbell very light and slowly to get my tits movings.

Originally Posted by Scuba19 View Post
    I have always had trouble with my chest. Proper technique is crucial for some people, but that wasnt enough for me. Try using the OVT chest routine, ive been doing it for 3 weeks and have seen noticable size and strength gains in my chest.
    OVT chest routine? have a link?

Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000) Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000) Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000) Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000) Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000) Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000) Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000) Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000) Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000) Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000) Scuba19 is just really nice. (+1000)
    OVT Routine: http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459276

I think i'm going to start switching decline stuff for the flat stuff every other week since flat benching and flyes doesn't stimulate the bottom of my chest enough. I think it has something to do with the steep angle of my sternum. I'm also noticing that my upper and middle area of my chest is getting much bigger than my lower chest, in fact I think it already is. (***and yes i do know that there is no "middle" chest par say, only upper and lower, but im talking about that gerneral area.)