Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

PWO Shake Oatmeal; Too Filling?

The protein i use for my PWO and Pre WO shake is 1 Scoop of Optimum Nutrition Whey. I am looking for around 35 grams of protein and 70 carbs PWO. Trying to stay away from Dextrose (Corn Sugar) because when i used that and oatmeal i added a lot of fat around my midesction due to increased insulin levels and that ****ty high glycemix index sugar.

The problem I am having is trying to figure out a way to get the damn oatmeal down my throat without leaving my full for hours on end or feeling like i have to puke.

The easiest way for me to get it down is to take 14 OZ water, 1 scoopr of protein and 1 cup of DRY oatmeal (not cooked or boiled) and blend it up and drink it. The only problem with this is that sometimes I get so much gas and feel bloated for hours after this and sometimes i dont. ALSO, i heard that eating uncooked oatmeal like that is not good for your body and digestive system.

The harder way for me to get it down is to microwave the oatmeal and let it SLUGE (eww) into my shake. This was the first time i ever did this today and It's such a filling meal. The 1 cup of dry uncooked oats turns into 3 cups when its done in the microwave becasue it expands so much.

BTW I am using Quaker Oats Old Fashioned Whole Grain Oats becuase I can get 4 lb bags of them for cheap.

Anyone have a solution to this. I wish i could jsut use dextrose minus the fat gain lol. Helpppp@!!!!

boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000)
    try blending the oats beforehand, completely dry, into as fine of a powder as you can get it

then mix it with your whey + water

works wonders for me

Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yea thats what i have been doing. I grind the oats into a thing thing powder but i still get bloated. Tomorrow im gonan try to blend the oats into powder adn then cook them then put them in my shake.

anyonee?

themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50) themills will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Cp bball3 View Post
    Trying to stay away from Dextrose (Corn Sugar) because when i used that and oatmeal i added a lot of fat around my midesction due to increased insulin levels and that ****ty high glycemix index sugar.
    Hmmm... alan seems to think you want some high GI cards pwo ya know?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=272067

How many cups/cup or less are you drinking in a shake?

edit: 1 cup!? well maybe some people have no problem with that but damn 3/4 cup is my max I can drink in a shake w/ protein without exploding.. maybe just cut down the amount of oats.. like 3/4 cup or 1/2 cup spread out. like 1/2 cup and 1/2 30 min later?
    Last edited by themills; 06-19-2007 at 06:22 PM.