SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Question How to warm up for the bench test

Since a lot of us play football here, I was wondering how all of you warmed up before doing the bench rep test with either 185lbs or 225lbs.

The reason I ask is I've always found that when doing the test I've never seemed to have reached the most reps I think I could have and it feels as though it's because I haven't warmed up properly. So how do you guys warm up?

the_new_breed has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the_new_breed has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the_new_breed has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the_new_breed has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the_new_breed has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) the_new_breed has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Re: How to warm up for the bench test

Originally posted by SteR-
    Since a lot of us play football here, I was wondering how all of you warmed up before doing the bench rep test with either 185lbs or 225lbs.

The reason I ask is I've always found that when doing the test I've never seemed to have reached the most reps I think I could have and it feels as though it's because I haven't warmed up properly. So how do you guys warm up?
    since im a freshman, i don't do the bench test yet, but i can bench 200 so...newayz, what i do is stretech my shoulders and chest, and then do 3 reps of 135, it helps a lot, the same with squats as well, just don't do no more!
    As of 1/29/05
    Bench= 230
    Squat= 360
    Power Clean= 205
    Push Press= 215
    Straight Bar Curls= 135 x 2
    40= 4.95
    Deadlift= 385
    Weight= 203

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

"You're bruised, you're sore, you're exhausted, AND YOU'VE NEVER FELT BETTER!"
    -is it in you?

PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Coach Defranco in his training video goes over how to warm up and go about the bench test and also the rest of the test done during football combines. Id recommend picking up that tape. Try his website because if i remember right he answered this question also in his ask joe section.
    The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows.
    - Aristotle

Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.
    - Michael Jordan

SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteR- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yea I've already checked defranco's site and he doesn't actually tell you how to warm up, he merely tells the guy who asked the question how to warm up privately and there's no way I'm paying just to learn how to warm up . I was wondering if any of you guys had been told by your coaches or anyone...

linebacker45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) linebacker45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) linebacker45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) linebacker45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) linebacker45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) linebacker45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) linebacker45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) linebacker45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) linebacker45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) linebacker45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) linebacker45 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yea I also read that on defranco's site. That combine video looks very good but I am not going to shell out the 30 bucks for a tape on just combines. I remember that guy asked how to warm up for the test in the ask Joe questions and Defranco didn't publically send the answer, he only e-mailed that guy. A proper warmup for the bench test will increase your reps so I want to learn how to properly do it. I workout at a sportspecifictraining and the guy knows a lot of Defrancos principles and personally knows him so I am going to get advice from him on how to prepare for the combines. At my high school we do all the tests after our camp on the first day of school. At the senior level you have the choice to do 225 for reps,185, or 135. I want to properly warmup so I can bang out 225 for a good number. I will let you guys in on whatever I find out from sportspecifictraining. by tuesday(first day of school for me)

It pisses me off that we are doing our tests after 3 weeks of camp when most of our strength has already started decreasing.
    Last edited by linebacker45; 09-01-2004 at 03:30 PM.