Thread: Sprained wrist?

hakjai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sprained wrist?

Hi guys, I sprained my wrist this weekend while riding my motorcycle. A violent bump caused the handle bars to twitch left and right really quickly, twisting my right wrist. I felt the pain almost immediately but didn't lose function of my wrist (flexing up and down) so i was able to continue riding to my destination. So I had my wrist x-rayed at the hospital the following morning and the ER doc said there are no breaks or fractures. However its been 4 days now and the swelling has gone down but I still am unable to turn my wrist so my palm faces up. The wrist gets tense at about 90 degrees and a sharp pain follows if i try to turn further.

I have been using the splint and wraps the hospital gave me and started wearing a shorter ace brace at work and out of the house. As I said the swelling has subsided but I still ice the wrist for 20 min at a time in the evening.

Is this sort of pain/recovery process typical of a sprain? I have never had one.

Thanks in advance

jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I sprained my ankle about 6 weeks ago and it still bothers me a little. The best way to recover from this is to rest it.

hakjai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the input jason. Wow 6 weeks and still pain. I hope you feel better soon. I guess its harder to "stay off" an ankle than it is a wrist. Sometimes resting/doing nothing is the hardest thing to do...

jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jason_bh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by hakjai View Post
    Sometimes resting/doing nothing is the hardest thing to do...
    QFT. I haven't taken it easy on the ankle at all since injuring it. I still played basketball and still squatted. Which is probably why it is still a little 'tight'.

Zakira has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by hakjai View Post
    Hi guys, I sprained my wrist this weekend while riding my motorcycle. A violent bump caused the handle bars to twitch left and right really quickly, twisting my right wrist. I felt the pain almost immediately but didn't lose function of my wrist (flexing up and down) so i was able to continue riding to my destination. So I had my wrist x-rayed at the hospital the following morning and the ER doc said there are no breaks or fractures. However its been 4 days now and the swelling has gone down but I still am unable to turn my wrist so my palm faces up. The wrist gets tense at about 90 degrees and a sharp pain follows if i try to turn further.

I have been using the splint and wraps the hospital gave me and started wearing a shorter ace brace at work and out of the house. As I said the swelling has subsided but I still ice the wrist for 20 min at a time in the evening.

Is this sort of pain/recovery process typical of a sprain? I have never had one.

Thanks in advance
    You must've injured your TFCC. Search TFCC, there are several threads in here already.