Joebob is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joebob is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joebob is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joebob is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joebob is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joebob is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joebob is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joebob is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joebob is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joebob is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joebob is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is it possible to make protein bars without protein powder?

Topic

No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50) No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50) No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50) No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50) No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50) No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50) No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50) No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50) No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50) No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50) No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've tried some using Cottage cheese, pasteurized egg whites, oats, cinnamon, splenda, and peanut butter.

Tasted quite well, although I wouldn't call the final result a "bar". You could play around with those ingredients until you make something that actually stays together solid.

B-rad21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That sounds pretty good, cw330. I would maybe use honey instead of splenda, though. Do you think it would solidify if you microwaved it?
    "Don't bet chalk."

No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50) No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50) No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50) No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50) No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50) No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50) No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50) No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50) No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50) No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50) No Memory will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by B-rad21
    That sounds pretty good, cw330. I would maybe use honey instead of splenda, though. Do you think it would solidify if you microwaved it?
    I'm not sure. I didn't microwave it because of the cottage cheese, so I just made the batter with a blender and chilled it for about 4 hours. The surface came out solid, but man when you picked a piece of that up it dissolved in my hand. Real good, though.

Honey instead of splenda sounds very good. I'll need to try that on my second attempt.

I didn't think about the cottage cheese. That probably wouldn't turn out too good. I think I'll give it a try anyway. Thanks for the tip. BTW, where do you get your pasteurized egg whites?
    "Don't bet chalk."

I get them at the local grocery store. I'm in south FL, and we have a major chain called Publix down here. Got them there, and they're called "Pure Egg Whites" by Papetti Foods.

I like this brand of Egg whites because they do not use any food coloring in their egg whites, or any other additives like Egg Beaters do.

Good luck with those bars, hopefully they turn out better than mine did.

I use ones by a company called Egg Whites International. They sound just like yours (no color or other additives), but I buy them directly from their website by the gallon. It seems to be much more cost effective this way. Take a look at their site and let me know what you think. I would value your opinion. It's www.eggwhitesint.com
    "Don't bet chalk."

Thumbs up

Those Egg White International egg whites look good in my opinion. No additives, and a good way of buying them in bulk.

I like the idea of the "egg white pump".

Actually, the pump was one of the original selling points for me. It's perfectly measured, and mess-free. I have been very happy with them, and I'm glad to hear that someone else agrees. Thanks for your input.
    "Don't bet chalk."