Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Bob Wills wannabe cowboyathlete's Avatar
    cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If he burns it off then it may indeed be possible. It is easier to burn off calories in aerobic activities like swimming or cycyling than in bodybuilding.
    1. I thought all along you'd be the death of me, but I met one tonight who wants what's left of me!
    2. You are so full of s***, maintenance is still unclogging the toilet.
    3. Save a horse, ride a cowboy!
    4. This mission does not exist, nor will it ever exist.
    5. I'd like to check you for ticks.

gdf8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Heisman
    Wrong, the Tour de France guys eat at least 8,000 calories a day while on tour. And yes, I'm sure of it, I saw a documentary on it, so DON'T doubt me.
    well 1) i forgot the exact numbers and underestimated a little
    2) it's still not 8000 calories

well documentary or not here's where i got MY info from

http://www.lancearmstrong.com/lance/...ltdf03/ccrest1

look at the paragraph "Tour de France diet". 6000-7000cal/day

now who's to doubt the coach of SIX TIME winner Lance Armstrong?

either way it's not a big deal so get off my nutsak about it.

Liquid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Liquid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Liquid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Liquid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Liquid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Liquid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Liquid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Liquid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Liquid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Liquid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Liquid has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by gdf8

teeheehee, u said nutsack

b0y WoNdEr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i belive it it..phelps burns more then half of that every day swimming...so 8000 cals turns into 3000-4000 cals...
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 190
    Current Status: (Bulk)

fitday.com

Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marc27Default will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    most of Tour de Francers (that long ass bike race for people who dont know) ingest about 5000-6000 calories per day during the races. of course they bike like 100+ miles a day too during that.

8000 seems a little high but i dont know how much swimming actually burns.
    Actually I believe the tour de francers will burn up to 10000 calories a day on the longer stages.

Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Im sure they all burn and eat different amounts of calories.

AntiZone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yes swimming is hard cardio... and i doubt that he would be lieing to the whole nation about it... although i find that intake to be insane!

madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by TTG
    They need a bit more than a "regular" person(like any athlete really). But it's not like they run a marathon a day or swim 10 miles.
    phelps does swim about or near enough 10 miles/day - he swims 2x2 hour sessions 7 days/week and i guess he does c.7,000m/session
    Squat: 264 lbs

Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: michael phelps says he tries to get 8 thousand calories a day

Originally posted by Runnin12
    The US olympic swimmer Micheal phelps said on jay leno that he tries to get 7,000 -8,000 calories a day. I obvously didn't believe this **** and I went 2 his site and he says he tries to get in 5,000 - 8,000 calories a day. He is about 6,4 190-195 pounds.
    When you do as much swimming every day as he does, you better eat a ****load even to maintain that weight. He's basically doing hours of very tough cardio every single day.

And unlike a marathoner, he actually has to maintain a good amount of muscle to be a powerful swimmer, since his 50 and 100m kind of races are more about strength and explosiveness than endurance. So you can't say "well that means marathoners must be eating 12000 calories" because they don't. You know how much the men's olympic marathon winner weighed? 136lbs.
    Last edited by Stagger; 08-31-2004 at 01:51 PM.

hxc88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Zoupa
    If he got in 8000 calories a day, he wouldn't have enough time to swim enough to burn them off, he'd always be eating.

If he's up 16 hours a day, he's taking in 500 calories for EVERY hour that he's up. I smell bull****. (that's an egg every 10 minutes!)

And for those of you that don't know he doesn't lift weights.
    well, i dont think he eats 'real' food that much - he probably drinks much of those carb-drinks with tastes like water but has tons of calories
    i just came here to learn some english, you are welcome to ignore me, piss me off or even spam me

madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madnerb is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by hxc88
    well, i dont think he eats 'real' food that much - he probably drinks much of those carb-drinks with tastes like water but has tons of calories
    he does eat quite a lot of "real food" as well. if u do a search on the internet u can find out a bit about his diet.

big macca has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) big macca has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) big macca has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) big macca has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) big macca has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) big macca has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) big macca has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If you knew much about Lance Armstrong, when he does the tour de france he's eating 15000 calories a day. 8000 for a top class swimmer ain't much.

Gordon_18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gordon_18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gordon_18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gordon_18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gordon_18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gordon_18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gordon_18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gordon_18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gordon_18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gordon_18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gordon_18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: michael phelps says he tries to get 8 thousand calories a day

The US olympic swimmer Micheal phelps said on jay leno that he tries to get 7,000 -8,000 calories a day. I obvously didn't believe this **** and I went 2 his site and he says he tries to get in 5,000 - 8,000 calories a day. He is about 6,4 190-195 pounds.

Dumbasses hes a olympic medalist... do you know how much he trains in a day? He probably trains like 6 hours a day or more... thats why he needs so much calories and thats why u can't see it on him
    Pugs are Awesome

Fundamentalist Atheist Big Hype's Avatar
    Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500)

Re: Re: michael phelps says he tries to get 8 thousand calories a day

Originally posted by Stagger
    When you do as much swimming every day as he does, you better eat a ****load even to maintain that weight. He's basically doing hours of very tough cardio every single day.

And unlike a marathoner, he actually has to maintain a good amount of muscle to be a powerful swimmer, since his 50 and 100m kind of races are more about strength and explosiveness than endurance. So you can't say "well that means marathoners must be eating 12000 calories" because they don't. You know how much the men's olympic marathon winner weighed? 136lbs.
    How tall was this marathon runner? Is he the same height as Phelps? Because Phelps is 6'4
    If you don't like what I have to say, you should probably move to Israel.

Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Re: Re: michael phelps says he tries to get 8 thousand calories a day

Originally posted by Gordon_18
    Dumbasses hes a olympic medalist... do you know how much he trains in a day? He probably trains like 6 hours a day or more... thats why he needs so much calories and thats why u can't see it on him
    lol. You say he "probley trains 6 hours a day" He swims 4 hours a day, and I was a really good swimmer on the junoir olympic team at 14 and not one swimmer would take in that many calories. I am just wondering.

Natalie Coughin who is in the olympics right now was on my team. Right now I am taking in about 3,200 calories a day usually more. I thought that was a lot because I am eating all the time. I just dont see how a guy who swims 4 hours a day can get in that many calories (of real food). Dont call us dumbasses for asking.

I bet he must have some special protien carb shake with a ****load of calories specially designed for him so he can get in all the calories he needs.

IF SOME1 CAN PLEASE POST HIS DIET we would all appreciate it.

I was watching the olympics and they did a segment on his breakfast and he would eat a ****load of pancakes full of butter. It surprised me cause I would imagine he would eat super clean and only healthy food.
    Last edited by Runnin12; 08-31-2004 at 04:23 PM.

Fundamentalist Atheist Big Hype's Avatar
    Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500) Big Hype is not very helpful. (-500)
    It's not hard to get 8000 calories a day at all. I get more than that on my cheat days. I doubt these guys are eating 100% clean, though. It's much harder with clean foods since they are not so high in calories since they lack sugar or fat.
    If you don't like what I have to say, you should probably move to Israel.

Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Runnin12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by Soarer
    i heard thor**** gets 10,000 thats how he came to such a success in the 04 olympics compared to 00
    I doubt that he gets that much. He would definitely be a lot bigger if he was getting 10,000 calories. Plus he swims like 4 hours a day, I dont think he would have enough time to get 10 thousand. It can be hard for me to get 3,000 calories a day lol let alone 10k.

Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Listen up, in Chemistry we watched an hour long documentary on calories, and throughout the entire thing they talked about the Tour de France bikers during the race. Trust me, when the film was made they had consumed about 8,000 calories a day during the race.

Sup heisman, I dont doubt you but how could they get 8,000 calories when they bike 100 miles a day? That obvously is not all real food cause they wouldn't have time to get that much in, also having a fat meal would make them damn full which during a bike race is not good.

They had to of had some killer protien carb shake. Please give us some info.

Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sup heisman, I dont doubt you but how could they get 8,000 calories when they bike 100 miles a day? That obvously is not all real food cause they wouldn't have time to get that much in, also having a fat meal would make them damn full which during a bike race is not good.

They had to of had some killer protien carb shake. Please give us some info.
    They eat while they ride.

Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stagger will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: Re: Re: michael phelps says he tries to get 8 thousand calories a day

Originally posted by Big Hype
    How tall was this marathon runner? Is he the same height as Phelps? Because Phelps is 6'4
    5'7, but the fact is Phelps is pretty muscular whereas marathoners are like skeletons with skin wrapped around them.

Pro Natural Bodybuilder FATHER FLEX's Avatar
    FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Threads like this is the reason this section has gone down the drain.
    100% Natural Bodybuilding!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Where there are no men be a man.

Even a genius asks questions.

Knowledge is the child of confusion.

snakebyte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snakebyte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snakebyte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snakebyte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snakebyte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snakebyte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snakebyte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by FATHER FLEX
    Threads like this is the reason this section has gone down the drain.
    Agreed. Anyone who hasn't swim doesn't know the effort thats been in it; the others who say well ronnie eats that much so phelps couldn, who gives a damn what ronnie eats, phelps probably burns a HELL of a lot more than ronnie does, competitive swimming is harder than bodybuilding any day in my mind, i did it for 6 years straight. But in reality i cant compare since they are two different sports, and the type of toughness is different for each too. The point is i don't doubt he gets that much a day, and just because you guys do not understand how he can does not make him a liar. Seriously, where is there a reason to lie about calories, you think most ppl watching that thinks, "hmmmm thats not right", or goes "oooo im impressed", There isn't a reason to lie on that. Point is jsut because you dont consume those calories means no one else does, remember like many ahve said before me, hes a world champion, hes obviously going to be doing everything more extreme than we are or anyone we know.

Shilling has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Swimming uses TONS of calories. I don't remember the exact numbers, but it goes something like this:

(Per Hour)

Sleeping - 80 Calories
    Running - 700 Calories
    Swimming - 1500-2000 Calories

Of course there are a bunch of things in between, but that's just to give you an idea.

Originally posted by Heisman
    They eat while they ride.
    I read the article that the guy posted now. Very informative article. I don't doubt anymore that the bikers get that much. They are constantly drinking or eating when they ride. (They said it in the article )

mtruther has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just found this thread, and I know it's old, but I thought I'd respond.

I swam competitively from the age of 7 and through college, made NJOs, and barely made one Olympic trials cut. Nowhere near as fast as Phelps.

I can vouch for the fact that swimming uses enormous amounts of calories. I've never known pain like slugging it through the day's second workout. As for food, I would literally eat 5 FULL meals a day--meaning I could eat whatever I wanted (e.g. steak, pizza, Mexican food, Belgian waffles loaded with whipped cream, multiple servings of pasta)--and I wouldn't gain weight. In fact, when the most intense period of training season rolled around, I was having to consume 1,500-2,000 calorie shakes just to maintain my current bodyweight. There was a time when I was younger that I was around 3-4% bodyfat (or at least that's what they measured it at).

I was best at short distance breastroke and freestyle, so I required a bit more mass than some. Phelps isn't a long-distance swimmer per se, but he did swim some mid-distance stuff, so I could see him laying off weights. Extra muscle uses up a lot of oxygen and builds up the lactic acid, so it's not always a good thing. I definitely lifted, but swimming will do amazing things to your delts. Seriously, I don't think I'll ever have delts as big as when I was a swimmer. That's in part why Phelps has the musculature that he does. Swimming is resistance training, though you're only moving the water.
    Last edited by mtruther; 09-18-2004 at 09:41 PM.

timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50) timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50) timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50) timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50) timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50) timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50) timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50) timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50) timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50) timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50) timelinex will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you guys are missing one big oint. his genetics. maybehis metabolism is through the rough. i know a girl thats 9- pounds and eats 3000 calories a day. ishe wakes up in the middle of the night to eat,or else she wakes up in morngin g from splitting hunger headache.

he prabably on top of cardio has a fast metabolism. so if this 90 pound girl takes in 3000 calories and doesnt gain a pound i think a PRO SWIMMER that is 190 thats more then twice as muich can take in 8000.

mthurter what were your short distance breastroke times? My personal best times for 50m free was olympic qualifying and 50m breastroke and 100m breastroke. I didnt have it in the 100 free though. They were just barely though on all my times.

ozza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The thing i'm wondering is... why has this thread come back...?

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Runnin12
    mthurter what were your short distance breastroke times? My personal best times for 50m free was olympic qualifying and 50m breastroke and 100m breastroke. I didnt have it in the 100 free though. They were just barely though on all my times.
    50m breastroke is not an Olympic event.