Registered User collegestudent5's Avatar
    collegestudent5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bad to eat fruit at night?

I read somewhere that some bodybuilders dont eat fruit late at night because fruit is fairly high in sugar, and i tend to eat a lot of it once i start eating it. Is this a bad idea, since my metabolism is slower anyway at night, I'll be going to bed, and then the sugar will quickly turn to fat?

daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000) daviess is just really nice. (+1000)
    yes it is bad to eat fruit at night,
    eat green veggies if you need to munch on something.
    On the path to get my Pre-pregnancy body back :)

https://shannondavies.myvi.net/loseweight

getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    no it isn't.

if it fits in your calorie needs it will be fine.
    "Why would you want to eat a vegetable unless it was wrapped in bacon?" Michael Symon

Alwyn Cosgrove steals other peoples work.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124530811

VenomXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) VenomXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) VenomXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) VenomXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) VenomXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) VenomXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) VenomXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) VenomXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) VenomXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) VenomXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) VenomXL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by getgot211 View Post
    no it isn't.

if it fits in your calorie needs it will be fine.
    That may work for general nutrition purposes, but if your preparing for a contest and need to reach a certain level of conditioning then it is not ok. A calorie is not a calorie as they say. However the OP didn't state their intentions of their diet. But if you are having trouble controlling your cravings once you start eating fruit which causes you to eat more and more, then that is even more reason to avoid it.

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Another fruit war. I've been posting on this forum for a long time and fruit questions always start big wars.

NeonQwerty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NeonQwerty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NeonQwerty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NeonQwerty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NeonQwerty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NeonQwerty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NeonQwerty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NeonQwerty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NeonQwerty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NeonQwerty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NeonQwerty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I avoid fruits at night. I don't have all the answers, as I am but a humble political science student, but my logic is that the body's biggest production spurts of growth hormone occur at night, and high blood sugar levels inhibit growth hormone release.

I quickly scanned the following article, so I can't vouch for it, but for those who are interested...

http://www.fitnessforoneandall.com/n...s/part_one.htm

For the record, my general modus operandi is to have some starchy carbs earlier in the day, then when I go to work (I work from 4-midnight) I supplement the protein that I bring with some fruit, but by 8 or 9 fruit is out. I end up going to sleep at 1-2AM, so I hope to maximize my nocturnal GH output.
    You only get to say that he's like that because of genetics if you work as hard as him. And if you do, shut up and work harder.

----------
    "The form of displacement that is most supportive of political and social stability is very likely the tendency to blame the self: to experience guilt as an individual and as a member of a class for failures that can also be attributed to economic and social institutions"

----------
    The "no homo" thing is stupid

unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hello, but i think not everybody is the same. What i mean is that there are a lot of factors invovled, for example. It really depends on what kind of fruit. I think that the best fruit for bodybuilders are apples. The other fruits like pineapples, peaches, grapes, mangos, papaya, pears, etc. etc. are not so good for bodybuilders and weight loss people with elevated-insulin in their bodies. This is becuause apples are one of the lowest in glycemic index along with their high fiber content which makes it even lower in glycemic index than they are really.

Once i tried to stop eating fruits at night because it had "sugar", and i started to eat cheese, peanuts. etc. so i ended up getting fat and gaining weight.

I had to return to fruits at night, because it is the tastiest, the best, the most convinient snacks and it really has less calories than cheese, peanut butter. etc.

So go ahead and eat 2-3 apples at night if you want. 3 apples at night is a lot less fattening than cheese, peanut butter, and meat which even though don't have sugar, has about 220 calories, which are more satisfying than eating 220 calories of peanut butter (2 little tablespoons of peanut butter)

unsoberx

Originally Posted by NeonQwerty View Post
    I avoid fruits at night. I don't have all the answers, as I am but a humble political science student, but my logic is that the body's biggest production spurts of growth hormone occur at night, and high blood sugar levels inhibit growth hormone release.

I quickly scanned the following article, so I can't vouch for it, but for those who are interested...

For the record, my general modus operandi is to have some starchy carbs earlier in the day, then when I go to work (I work from 4-midnight) I supplement the protein that I bring with some fruit, but by 8 or 9 fruit is out. I end up going to sleep at 1-2AM, so I hope to maximize my nocturnal GH output.
    "It is nature that sets off in one class those who are chiefly intellectual, in another those who are marked by muscular strength and temperament, and in a third those who are distinguished in neither one way or the other, but show only mediocrity. The last-named represents the great majority." -The Antichrist, Sect 57

Popper1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here's the thing....I work out in the evening, usually between 7:00 and 8:00 and I make a protein shake when I get home. I mix it with strawberries and bananas. Is that harmful? I don't normally go to bed until 10:00 or so....please advise.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Popper1977 View Post
    Here's the thing....I work out in the evening, usually between 7:00 and 8:00 and I make a protein shake when I get home. I mix it with strawberries and bananas. Is that harmful? I don't normally go to bed until 10:00 or so....please advise.
    read alan aragon's sticky at the top of the page on post-workout nutrition.
    all that needs to be said

PrincessSparkle is not very helpful. (-500) PrincessSparkle is not very helpful. (-500) PrincessSparkle is not very helpful. (-500) PrincessSparkle is not very helpful. (-500) PrincessSparkle is not very helpful. (-500) PrincessSparkle is not very helpful. (-500) PrincessSparkle is not very helpful. (-500) PrincessSparkle is not very helpful. (-500) PrincessSparkle is not very helpful. (-500) PrincessSparkle is not very helpful. (-500) PrincessSparkle is not very helpful. (-500)
    Fructose should be eaten around your workout. Peroid.

http://www.t-nation.com/article/diet...etAndNutrition

Read this for more info on fruit and fructose.

SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Fruit is fine anytime. Cals in v/s cals out.

annieadams777 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) annieadams777 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) annieadams777 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) annieadams777 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) annieadams777 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) annieadams777 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) annieadams777 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) annieadams777 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) annieadams777 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) annieadams777 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) annieadams777 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Fruit at night

Originally Posted by collegestudent5 View Post
    I read somewhere that some bodybuilders dont eat fruit late at night because fruit is fairly high in sugar, and i tend to eat a lot of it once i start eating it. Is this a bad idea, since my metabolism is slower anyway at night, I'll be going to bed, and then the sugar will quickly turn to fat?
    When it comes to fruit it is high in sugar but also most is high in fiber, which is good. As long as it fits into your calorie limit I wouldn't worry. As for your metabolism, your resting metabolic rate is the same no matter what part of the day. The craving you might get can be dehydration or might be triggered by afternoon work outs. If you are worried or want to try to resist the craving. Try a large glass of water, a apple, and a piece of sugar free gum. That might help with the overload of eating. If your bed time is late at night, you might want to try an earlier bed time. Lack of sleep can also trigger snacking. Also, keep in mind the sugar can keep you up at night.

HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by annieadams777 View Post
    When it comes to fruit it is high in sugar but also most is high in fiber, which is good. As long as it fits into your calorie limit I wouldn't worry. As for your metabolism, your resting metabolic rate is the same no matter what part of the day. The craving you might get can be dehydration or might be triggered by afternoon work outs. If you are worried or want to try to resist the craving. Try a large glass of water, a apple, and a piece of sugar free gum. That might help with the overload of eating. If your bed time is late at night, you might want to try an earlier bed time. Lack of sleep can also trigger snacking. Also, keep in mind the sugar can keep you up at night.
    strong thread bump
    IIFYM - not even once.

www.AlanAragon.com

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by HunterCML View Post
    strong thread bump
    sometimes the search function isnt a good thing
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

GnickandyT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GnickandyT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GnickandyT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GnickandyT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GnickandyT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GnickandyT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GnickandyT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GnickandyT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GnickandyT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GnickandyT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GnickandyT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I avoid fruits at night.
    Hahaha good idea never know when one will creep up on you... expecially at night
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    John Wooden

phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    14 posts (15 now) and 35k+ views, strong ass bump.
    Sheiko? My journey to 1,500+ @ 165

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167881761

Keep On Getting Strong

Best Gym Lifts

475/315/610 @ 165

littlephoenix is not very well liked. (-100) littlephoenix is not very well liked. (-100) littlephoenix is not very well liked. (-100) littlephoenix is not very well liked. (-100) littlephoenix is not very well liked. (-100) littlephoenix is not very well liked. (-100) littlephoenix is not very well liked. (-100) littlephoenix is not very well liked. (-100) littlephoenix is not very well liked. (-100) littlephoenix is not very well liked. (-100) littlephoenix is not very well liked. (-100)
    if you are hungry at night one hour before bedtime, its ok to have an apple, its not rocket science, you workout and that will burn out in your sleep, just dont over load on carbs before bedtime, 4 hours you need to not eat heavy food before you sleep, simple huh
    SkyHighHobby.com