Odin87 is not very well liked. (-100) Odin87 is not very well liked. (-100) Odin87 is not very well liked. (-100) Odin87 is not very well liked. (-100) Odin87 is not very well liked. (-100) Odin87 is not very well liked. (-100) Odin87 is not very well liked. (-100) Odin87 is not very well liked. (-100) Odin87 is not very well liked. (-100) Odin87 is not very well liked. (-100) Odin87 is not very well liked. (-100)

Unhappy Too late to join HS sports

Ya, I'm going to be a senior next year, and I really want to join basketball, or football team. But at the same time I cant join because I've never been on a sports team, and I'll be the suckiest one out on the field. Plus I'll have to learn the basics. Can I still play sports when I get to college, even if I suck at sports?
    Odin
    I have all of the characteristics of a shaman:
    I can transform into any shape desired
    I blind my enemies in battles, makes their swords and knifes blunt and is able to disappear at will.
    I'am master over all of the berserks
    I have has a perfect control over the weather.
    I can wake the dead and talk to people which have been hung
    I knows the verbal as well as the written magic
    I can open the graves and the earth

MynameisMike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MynameisMike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MynameisMike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MynameisMike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MynameisMike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MynameisMike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MynameisMike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MynameisMike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MynameisMike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MynameisMike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MynameisMike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There's Intra-Mural Sports that you could play in but otherwise there's no way.
    Could they even imagine? Imagine the tears you've tasted, imagine the blood you gave, and the sweat you poured? And it was all because no one believed. All because no one cared until one day. One day when you became something. The day they stopped moving you...and you moved them. This is your life, your pain and your heart. Today is the day. Tomarrow is here.

bradp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The coach finally got me to play football this season, sophomore in HS, never played before, and by the end of summer training I was four votes shy of team captain.

bradp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

Woah, meant junior, not sophomore, sorry

ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000)
    i tried out for football for the first time my senior year of hs and made it. and i weighed 150

as punter
    b.s. exercise science, nsca-cscs

progressive is just really nice. (+1000) progressive is just really nice. (+1000) progressive is just really nice. (+1000) progressive is just really nice. (+1000) progressive is just really nice. (+1000) progressive is just really nice. (+1000) progressive is just really nice. (+1000) progressive is just really nice. (+1000) progressive is just really nice. (+1000) progressive is just really nice. (+1000) progressive is just really nice. (+1000)
    Go for it...it's never too late to do something you want to do. If you don't you'll regret it forever. It's worth a try now get out there and do it.
    I AM THE MAN!

----don't be THAT guy---- two choices's Avatar
    two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50) two choices will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by CaV961
    i tried out for football for the first time my senior year of hs and made it. and i weighed 150
    you had to try out to make the football team? at my school everyone who wanted to play was on the team. it was the only sport at my school that was like that. i played football and baseball until my junior year, then i went to baseball only.

and to the guy who posted this thread: who cares if you can play college sports for the university? the intramurals are WAY more fun anyway. or at least i think so.
    STATS:
    bench-(insert e-stat)
    squat-(insert e-stat)
    dead-(insert e-stat)

violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    don't worry, you won't be the suckiest one on the field...... you'll be the suckiest one on the bench! har har har!

LOL jk.....but if you think you can do it, just join, you may do better than a lot of the other toolsmacks out there and still get some playing time.
    Short black leather skirts, stomach tattoo, glitter panties, sexy belt...had to have you...

cantgainmuscle! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    listen to me

NEVER QUIT

pure and simple.

D.Maist09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if u never played basketball or football during highschool like one a team for ur highschool there is no chance u will make a colledge team

cantgainmuscle! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    jason giambi was a walk on. NEVER QUIT

Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Odin: I think you know the answer to "can I play sports in college, even if I suck??"...there's a reason why NCAA athletes play infront of packed stadiums, it's becuase they've played all their lives and are naturally gifted.

There's no reason why you can't play recreational sport, every city or town in North America no doubt has recreational sports for almost all ages.

However, to expect to play on a college sports team when you've never played any sports before is..not going to happen at this stage in your life.

If you can just JOIN your highschool teams though and you don't have to actually make it, then go ahead and do it. It doesn't matter if you're the worst, ti will be fun.

Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50) Graphite will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    At my school we don't try out, Whoever attends the tryouts/practices gets in.. But it doesn't mean your going to play.. I was suppose to play this year but I am going to play my Junior and Senior year.

weezy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what are intramurals... im gonna be 17 years old and want to join one but im not done with highschool...someone explain me what it is thanks

Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Erik2806 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    intramurals are also good during college, because they are much less demanding, and wont interfere with ure study time as much in college

Odin87 is not very well liked. (-100) Odin87 is not very well liked. (-100) Odin87 is not very well liked. (-100) Odin87 is not very well liked. (-100) Odin87 is not very well liked. (-100) Odin87 is not very well liked. (-100) Odin87 is not very well liked. (-100) Odin87 is not very well liked. (-100) Odin87 is not very well liked. (-100) Odin87 is not very well liked. (-100) Odin87 is not very well liked. (-100)
    can u play in a sports team in the military? then go to college then pick a sport? Oh ya, do community colleges have teams as well? thnxs
    Odin
    I blind my enemies in battles, makes their swords and knifes blunt and is able to disappear at will.

well the other reason is that, I dont like some of the guys in my schools football team, can u guys give me any tips how to deal with this issue?
    Odin

weezy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what are intramurlas

Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Odin: Again, to play sports with the military you have to be very good.

This isn't difficult to understand, at any college you have 30 thousand plus students, all of whom would LOVE to play on the sports teams. Colleges recruit kids to play on their sports teams, and give them full scholarships to play at their college. You can't simply "join" one of the teams..even if they did hold walk-on tryouts, you'd have to be VERY good to make it.

Depending on which highschool you go to and how it works, you may be able to just join the highschool team like you said. You probably won't play, but you may be able to be a part of the team. However, this will NOT, I repeat NOT, be the case in the military or in college.

You can still play intra-murals though, in which case you can pick any sport and play no matter how ****ty you are.

Intramurals are where within a college certain dorms or factions would have a team. Those teams would play each other throughout the duration of the school year and then maybe have a little playoff thing. It's just for fun.
    Last edited by Jwill; 08-29-2004 at 05:57 AM.