Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How many protein shakes per day?

I normally get around 250 grams of protein a day, mostly from food. But with school coming up, I wont have time to eat food all always.

I was thinking about drinking 3 40 gram protein shakes a day in between 3 actual meals.

Do you think this is ok, or will the shakes crapped out?

thanks

Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100) Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100) Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100) Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100) Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100) Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100) Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100) Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100) Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100) Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100) Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100)
    have one in the morning, one after your workout, and one before you go to bed. take the one in the morning with milk, and the other 2 with water.

should be good

xdan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Duggan18
    have one in the morning, one after your workout, and one before you go to bed. take the one in the morning with milk, and the other 2 with water.

should be good
    Shouldnt the ones in the mornng and after workout be with water, so its fast asorbing because your body hasnt had protein for 8-10 hours, and milk before bed so it slows it down while you are asleep.

xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would only recomend whey shakes after working out, and upon waking. Any other time, it's kind of a waste, but, if you can't get anything else, than yes, take shakes at these times. You can take the one postworkout with milk also, the insulin releasing benefits of milk can enhance your pwo recovery.
    Unaffiliated.

r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) r0dxx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Duggan18

should be good
    LOL Why would u take it with water b4 bed...Either say the right info or shut up? mmmmmk?

About to feel the WRAATH™ jer @h2o's Avatar
    jer @h2o will become famous soon enough. (+50) jer @h2o will become famous soon enough. (+50) jer @h2o will become famous soon enough. (+50) jer @h2o will become famous soon enough. (+50) jer @h2o will become famous soon enough. (+50) jer @h2o will become famous soon enough. (+50) jer @h2o will become famous soon enough. (+50) jer @h2o will become famous soon enough. (+50) jer @h2o will become famous soon enough. (+50) jer @h2o will become famous soon enough. (+50) jer @h2o will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think most of you mis-read the post, he's starting school so he won't be able to eat solid foods at the times he does now, he wanted to know is downing a few shakes during the day would be cool.
    I say it's all good, but I would see if i could eat some real foods somehow. I'm sure you already know.
    "I have killed two people since midnight. I haven't slept in over 24 hours. So maybe you should be a little more afraid of me than you are now".

-Jack Bauer (24)

CONTROLLED LABS - PURPLE WRAATH tester
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=747150

Lightning log.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=8704265#post8704265

ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm just starting college and I just ordered a 42-pack of EAS Myoplex packets - 42g protein and 20ish carbs. I plan on taking one of those in the afternoon or something when I can't get a decent meal in. I'll continue to only use my Optimum whey postworkout in water with a carb source.

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by xxghostxx
    I would only recomend whey shakes after working out, and upon waking. Any other time, it's kind of a waste, but, if you can't get anything else, than yes, take shakes at these times. You can take the one postworkout with milk also, the insulin releasing benefits of milk can enhance your pwo recovery.
    This is good advice. Whey protein is so fast absorbing that at any time other than pwo (and POSSIBLY waking, I have not read anything about this) more of the whey will be used for energy than muscle growth. Not only that, it also passes through your system very quickly, which leaves you back in a negative nitrogen state, which leads to catabolism. If you need a shake to take with you do this:

1/2-1 cup oats
    1/2-1 cup cottage cheese
    1/2-1 cup natural yogurt
    1/2 cup fruit or berries
    1-3 cups skim milk

Blend this in a blender til smooth. Monkey with the amounts as much as you need to to fit your macronutrient totals, no matter how you do it this will be a great, slow digesting, tasty shake that will be much better than whey alone.
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

dim3z is on a distinguished road. (+10) dim3z is on a distinguished road. (+10) dim3z is on a distinguished road. (+10) dim3z is on a distinguished road. (+10) dim3z is on a distinguished road. (+10) dim3z is on a distinguished road. (+10) dim3z is on a distinguished road. (+10) dim3z is on a distinguished road. (+10) dim3z is on a distinguished road. (+10) dim3z is on a distinguished road. (+10) dim3z is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs down

Originally posted by r0dxx
    LOL Why would u take it with water b4 bed...Either say the right info or shut up? mmmmmk?
    milk has sugars, lactose to be specific and triggers a hefty inslin response. insulin is very anabolic but also causes fat storage and during inactive periods such as sleep prioritising ure body to store fat aint a good idea. dont flame especially when u dont know ure **** either.

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Skim milk by itself has a Glycemic Load of 4.1, a Gi of 32. These values are lower than oats. I don't know why everyone thinks that milk by itself is so insulinogenic. It can promote insulin release with other foods like dextrose I suppose, but by itself it is very low GI/GL. No need to worry about drinking milk before bed.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

Cutting to 8-10% body fat GregElder's Avatar
    GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by Melkor
    Skim milk by itself has a Glycemic Load of 4.1, a Gi of 32. These values are lower than oats. I don't know why everyone thinks that milk by itself is so insulinogenic. It can promote insulin release with other foods like dextrose I suppose, but by itself it is very low GI/GL. No need to worry about drinking milk before bed.
    Yes, this is right! I drank a Glass of Skim Milk every night before bed for the last 12 weeks of my cut and I was very successful. Milk is not bad for you---it's good---it has Casein, which is a slow digesting protein--perfect for pre-bed.

To the thread starter---take 1-2 of those shakes like you planned and maybe in between classes have an apple with some almonds to hold you over until you can get some more protein.
    Visit my 2005 Cutting thread, I'm going for 8-10% body fat! :

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=414595

ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripped_holla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you take a whey shake before bed with water, it's almost a complete waste. It'll be so quickly absorbed that it'll do no good during the night. While whey isn't recommended before going to bed, at least mix with milk if you're going to take one.

Originally posted by ripped_holla
    If you take a whey shake before bed with water, it's almost a complete waste. It'll be so quickly absorbed that it'll do no good during the night. While whey isn't recommended before going to bed, at least mix with milk if you're going to take one.
    True. If you just drink skim milk and eat cottage cheese you will be better off for night time proteins than with whey. Whey is through the system in no time at all.

-Nietzsche

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    You could always buy some RTD(ready to drink) shakes. Myoplex and MetRx make some good ones. I used to drink the MetRx RTD-40 banana flavor all the time. It has 240 calories, 40g protein(it's not whey), and 13g carbs...lil sugar and fat too. They come in a can and would be easy to down in between classes.

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    You could always buy some RTD(ready to drink) shakes. Myoplex and MetRx make some good ones. I used to drink the MetRx RTD-40 banana flavor all the time. It has 240 calories, 40g protein(it's not whey), and 13g carbs...lil sugar and fat too. They come in a can and would be easy to down in between classes.

sry bout the double post...damn computer

Originally posted by RipStone
    First of all, you can delete double posts...click 'edit', check the 'delete' box at the top, then click 'save changes.'

Now...readymade MRPs quite possibly might be the biggest waste of money ever. Why pay 6x the cost of a shake just so you can pop it open and drink it? Is it that hard to spare 2 minutes to add water to a powder and shake it? Think about it...I think I worked Optimum whey out to be about 50 cents per serving. Readymade MRPs will cost you $2-$3. Spend that money on food.

By the way, Myoplex MRPs can be found for just over $1 a packet. That $1 and a few cents will get you 42g of good protein (not all whey), 20+ grams carbs, plus a ton of vitamins and other good stuff. So reconsider where you're spending money and don't buy overpriced ready-to-drink shakes.