Thread: Burning fat.

Aussie_Kid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aussie_Kid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aussie_Kid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aussie_Kid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aussie_Kid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aussie_Kid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aussie_Kid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aussie_Kid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aussie_Kid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aussie_Kid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aussie_Kid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Burning fat.

Should I eat before cardio? Am I burning fat or just buring the carbs that I ate? I run about twice a week on a threadmill for 40min.

Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chris_1990 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A car can't run without petrol....

MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    it really is your choice. Some people prefer doing a fasted cardio in the morning. I'm pretty sure there is no actually evidence that this is more affective. If you are doing HIIT make sure you have a proper meal before hand and treat the HIIT as a full workout.

Aussie_Kid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aussie_Kid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aussie_Kid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aussie_Kid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aussie_Kid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aussie_Kid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aussie_Kid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aussie_Kid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aussie_Kid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aussie_Kid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Aussie_Kid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by MUFC View Post
    it really is your choice. Some people prefer doing a fasted cardio in the morning. I'm pretty sure there is no actually evidence that this is more affective. If you are doing HIIT make sure you have a proper meal before hand and treat the HIIT as a full workout.
    tks. is twice a week enough? im trying to get a lower bodyfat %. my goal is to get a 6 pack.

Registered (ab)user dillingerescp's Avatar
    dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It really doesn't matter.

Think about it.

If you eat it before the workout, you're going to burn off what you just ate before you burn fat, but thats fine, because when you're done, its almost like that meal that you ate never happened (except that your metabolism won't suffer.)

If you eat it after, then you just burnt fat off and you're now eating food which a little may go to fat.. (depending on how much youre eating)

But as long as your daily cal's are lower than what you need, it doesnt matter.
    "Friends come and go, but 200 pounds will always be 200 pounds."

ZCAY889 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZCAY889 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZCAY889 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZCAY889 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZCAY889 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZCAY889 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZCAY889 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZCAY889 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZCAY889 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZCAY889 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZCAY889 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dillingerescp View Post
    It really doesn't matter.

Think about it.

If you eat it before the workout, you're going to burn off what you just ate before you burn fat, but thats fine, because when you're done, its almost like that meal that you ate never happened (except that your metabolism won't suffer.)

If you eat it after, then you just burnt fat off and you're now eating food which a little may go to fat.. (depending on how much youre eating)

But as long as your daily cal's are lower than what you need, it doesnt matter.
    doesnt really work like that. But you are correct in that it doesnt particularly matter.

To the original question... there is no evidence that fasted cardio burns more fat. The purpose of cardio (during a cut) is to help create a caloric deficit. Doing a fasted state cardio will only burn more lean mass. My advice is to always eat before and after cardio just make sure to fit it into your daily caloric consumption (with the cardio factored in) and your macros.

jochexum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jochexum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jochexum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jochexum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jochexum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jochexum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jochexum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jochexum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jochexum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jochexum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jochexum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ZCAY889 View Post
    doesnt really work like that. But you are correct in that it doesnt particularly matter.

To the original question... there is no evidence that fasted cardio burns more fat. The purpose of cardio (during a cut) is to help create a caloric deficit. Doing a fasted state cardio will only burn more lean mass. My advice is to always eat before and after cardio just make sure to fit it into your daily caloric consumption (with the cardio factored in) and your macros.
    bingo

atleast drink a protein shake before you do your cardio

Marthby is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marthby is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marthby is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marthby is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marthby is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marthby is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marthby is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marthby is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marthby is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marthby is on a distinguished road. (+10) Marthby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Fasted cardio = catabolic but body looks for stored fat, protein (from muscles...), and any little glycogen you have left in your body. Metabolism increases for hours after.

Unfasted cardio = you burn off what consumed before but you can keep catabolism to a minimum. Metabolism increases for hours after.

My verdict is it's better to eat something, maybe a piece of fruit and a protein shake before running. You're gonna burn it off but you'll prevent catabolism and still slowly (but surely) burn off fat.

MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Marthby View Post
    Fasted cardio = catabolic but body looks for stored fat, protein (from muscles...), and any little glycogen you have left in your body. Metabolism increases for hours after.

Unfasted cardio = you burn off what consumed before but you can keep catabolism to a minimum. Metabolism increases for hours after.

My verdict is it's better to eat something, maybe a piece of fruit and a protein shake before running. You're gonna burn it off but you'll prevent catabolism and still slowly (but surely) burn off fat.

i agree. I've tried both ways and i've found that i'd rather eat something then do cardio. It keeps muscle loss to a minimum which saves you from becoming skinny fat.