user3212465 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user3212465 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user3212465 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user3212465 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user3212465 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user3212465 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user3212465 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user3212465 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user3212465 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user3212465 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) user3212465 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Helping Training for Track!

- Stats -
    Weight: 135
    Height: 5'8

- Goal -
    Indoor track usually starts around Mid-Year and I plan to get in shape and be ready by then. I was on the track team freshman year, but I only joined because my friend did. I was a pujjy little kid who was the slowest on the team. Now that i've been working out, I'm not buff or anything - just not fat. My goal is to be one of the fastest on my highschool team. I plan on running 200m / 100m sprints.

- Help -
    I need a good diet plan and workout routine! I was also wondering how I would go about by trying to bulk up but running at the same time to practice for track? Would I not gain muscle mass? Because right now my 2 goals in actuality are gaining weight (mainly muscle) and also prepping for track. I'm also having trouble bulking as it is. How would I go about bulking properly where all the calories I eat don't gather up in 1 region (my stomach) and instead spread out evenly?

Thanks in advance! -- Please take out your time to help if you have an ideas or thoughts!

Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kaos503 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: Helping Training for Track!

Originally posted by sdp

- Help -
    I need a good diet plan and workout routine! I was also wondering how I would go about by trying to bulk up but running at the same time to practice for track? Would I not gain muscle mass? Because right now my 2 goals in actuality are gaining weight (mainly muscle) and also prepping for track. I'm also having trouble bulking as it is. How would I go about bulking properly where all the calories I eat don't gather up in 1 region (my stomach) and instead spread out evenly?
    Read the stickies for a diet - bulking is bulking, same for everyone.

Seeing as you're burning a lot of calories from running, you'll just have to eat more.

And I haven't a clue what you mean by "How would I go about bulking properly where all the calories I eat don't gather up in 1 region (my stomach) and instead spread out evenly?"

Calories once you eat them will go to your stomach to be digested, where else are they gonna go? Fat will appear when you eat more than your maintenance level, e.g. when your bulking, thats unavoidable.

KiltiesAthlete has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiltiesAthlete has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiltiesAthlete has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiltiesAthlete has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    go to charliefrancis.com and elitetrack.com they both have very knowledgable people on their forums, they should be able to help you out a lot