Rustling your jimmies ll ReNeGaDe ll's Avatar
    ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000)

If I'm taking creatine, do I need to take a protein shake too post-workout?

I know this may sound like a stupid question, but do all of you who take creatine, also take a protein shake post-workout? It just seems like a whole lot to absorb.

Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris999 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    id say a protein shake is more important post workout than creatine

xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    A shake with good amounts of carbohydrate and protein is vastly more important than something like creatine postworkout. Creatines not going to help repair muscle tissue breakdown, carbohydrates and protein will.
    Unaffiliated.

sixabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sixabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Mix them together.
    Everyday when I look at myself in the mirror, I get pissed of because I want to be bigger and I dont like my body. I train, eat, sleep, wake up the next day and start over again. I need to grow!

CF PM Log: http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=3543177#post3543177
    Satur8/CF Log: http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=275709

Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anabolic Delts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yes you need protein throughout the day, postworkout, all the time!!

creatine IS NOT going to replace protein!

ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000) ll ReNeGaDe ll is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ahhh i see. creatines and Protein is gonna be very hard to absorb... but i guess ill manage. thanks for the advice

xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxghostxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by ll ReNeGaDe ll
    ahhh i see. creatines and Protein is gonna be very hard to absorb... but i guess ill manage. thanks for the advice
    Haha, the 5grams of creatine that you'd be taking in PWO isn't going to be that much harder to absorb...
    Unaffiliated.

Originally posted by xxghostxx
    Haha, the 5grams of creatine that you'd be taking in PWO isn't going to be that much harder to absorb...
    10g - loading phase (i didnt start taking creatines yet so i dont know)?

and another question:

I've read that creatines can get "ruined" in certain liquids, like... citrus juice. Is it "safe" to mix it in with the Protein Shake?

JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustJuice will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i take creatine pre-workout and whey post workout........works fine for me?
    BB.com is my personal trainer

- Winners are simply willing to do what losers won't
    - Mistakes are the price we pay for trying something new

,___,
    [O.o]
    /)__)
    -"--"-
    o'Rly (stole this from someone)

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle....icle=295naked2

Take both pwo. Creatine uptake is MUCH higher pwo (with insulin) than at any other time.
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jwill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by ll ReNeGaDe ll
    10g - loading phase (i didnt start taking creatines yet so i dont know)?

and another question:

I've read that creatines can get "ruined" in certain liquids, like... citrus juice. Is it "safe" to mix it in with the Protein Shake?
    You should still only be taking 5 grams at a time, just more often. Only take 5grams post workout, the rest will be wasted.

Then take another 5 grams 3-4 hours later..

Or you can just skip the loading phase alltogether.

Cutting to 8-10% body fat GregElder's Avatar
    GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50) GregElder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes, you still need your WHEY protein shake. The shake is for growth/repair and it absorbs quickly and easily.

Yes, you can mix creatine in your protein shake---tons of people do it. Just shake it up for an extra 20-30 seconds.(especially during the loading phase).

Don't worry man, your body can handle absorbing these two things together after a work out. You muscles are SCREAMING for food right after the exercise if you are lifting hard or doing cardio.
    Visit my 2005 Cutting thread, I'm going for 8-10% body fat! :

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=414595