RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

When I Run (important)...

i sometimes get tightness/pain in my upper left chest/shoulder area (on the heart side)...

what could this be? is it necessarily my heart? ive had an ekg of my heart in the past and it came out fine...

just wonderin, cuz i dont wanna stop running. i need to cut!!!

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    just running or other cardio exercises too?
    i dont know the exact pain, if you think its your heart then go see someone, thats not something to play around with..
    but you dont need running to cut! cutting is diet! cardio is just a small percentage of it, and cardio is a world of things not just running... cycling, rowing, jogging, incline wlaking, hill climbing, any fairly intense sport (squash is great) stair climbing, eliptical machine....
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RightCoastSrf24 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    thanks, i feel like its more muscular (such as a stitch) but am unsure. like i said ive had an ekg in the past and supposedly the heart is ticking well...

reps.

OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by RightCoastSrf24 View Post
    i sometimes get tightness/pain in my upper left chest/shoulder area (on the heart side)...

what could this be? is it necessarily my heart? ive had an ekg of my heart in the past and it came out fine...

Sounds like your heart is struggling to get enough oxygen to pump blood at the pace your body is requiring it...... Can lead to MI (heart attack). I've had this and I usually push through unless the pain is just unbearable. If you want to be safe, don't be like me and stop when the pain starts.

This used to happen to me when I would use stimulants (coffee, StimX) before running. That was insanely stupid of me and you should never ever ever ever use stimulants before cardiovascular exercise.

Originally Posted by OhioUstud View Post
    Sounds like your heart is struggling to get enough oxygen to pump blood at the pace your body is requiring it...... Can lead to MI (heart attack). I've had this and I usually push through unless the pain is just unbearable. If you want to be safe, don't be like me and stop when the pain starts.

This used to happen to me when I would use stimulants (coffee, StimX) before running. That was insanely stupid of me and you should never ever ever ever use stimulants before cardiovascular exercise.

really? wow that sounds very serious...

Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how far are you running, and how long have you been running?

Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000)
    I used to get that too. I don't anymore I don't think, but I used to run a little faster. My feeling is that it was pressure in blood vessel, and I'd move my shoulder around a bit when it happened to try to help the circulation. I don't know if that helped. But I'd just keep running, and often the feeling would go away before I was done.

The body has to make adjustments when it gets in shape for running or anything else. A doctor's advice would be to "take it easy", regardless of what it is, but that isn't necessarily good advice. If something's adjusting, maybe you need to encourage it to do so by continuing the exercise. I've had a million different little pains and things, but every one of them has gone away on its own. You just have to use your intuition with things like that.
    www.tworepcave.com
    Black Friday deals page updated daily through Nov 2022

bubba0216 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bubba0216 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bubba0216 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bubba0216 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bubba0216 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bubba0216 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bubba0216 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bubba0216 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bubba0216 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bubba0216 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bubba0216 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I had something similar to this a year or so ago; a pain/tightness right around my heart area.

I went to the doctor to have it checked out, they did the EKG and all that and my heart was fine. The doctor suggested it could be an inflamed "heart sack" I believe is what she said. Not the actual heart, but evidently the lining around it? I'm no anatomy buff so I'm not sure what she was referring to.

Supposedly it can result from intense physical exertion, and once started doesn't really go away on its own unless you take a break. She just gave me some anti-inflammatories and it went away within a weak; would be worth a shot.

PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50) PROTOSSterone will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bubba0216 View Post
    I had something similar to this a year or so ago; a pain/tightness right around my heart area.

I went to the doctor to have it checked out, they did the EKG and all that and my heart was fine. The doctor suggested it could be an inflamed "heart sack" I believe is what she said. Not the actual heart, but evidently the lining around it? I'm no anatomy buff so I'm not sure what she was referring to.

Supposedly it can result from intense physical exertion, and once started doesn't really go away on its own unless you take a break. She just gave me some anti-inflammatories and it went away within a weak; would be worth a shot.
    she must have been referring to the mediastinum. Low levels of fluid in this "heart sack" (lol!) could cause friction between the parietal and visceral membrances ---> inflammation. Take 325mg of aspirin 15mins before your next run and see how that goes. But seriously, go see a doctor
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face

bump, i just started running again....

should i run tonight

bump bump bump bump

reps

xylene has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xylene has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xylene has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xylene has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xylene has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xylene has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xylene has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xylene has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xylene has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xylene has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xylene has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump, i just started running again....

should i run tonight
    As long as you don't have any complications, GO FOR IT!

I would not say anything here that I wouldn't say in person. :)

OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000) OhioUstud is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think you should give it a try.. I ran my 4 miles earlier tonight and around mile 1.5, I had a tightness/pain around my left arm/chest, but not very severe. Keep going and I was fine....... but like I said, if you want to be safe, not a hardass, then quit running when the pain starts. You have to know your body, and if it is a new pain, or more severe pain than you are used to, you should probably stop.

A little pain should be expected, but if it is bad or you feel like you're going to collapse, then stop.

XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XpandemoniumX will become famous soon enough. (+50)

hm don't know if this is the same problem as you but i used to run a lottt and i would get a feeling that i would describe more like my heart beating into my ribcage (or more simply pain in my heart). everyone describes pain differently so i don't know if thats what it is but what it usually was was inconsistent breathing while running. if i got too distracted my breathing would get too rapid/shallow and then the pain would start (its much different than a cramp in case someone is thinking that). what i would then do is take nice and controlled/paced breathes while maintaining pace. after a bit it would go away. /shrug try it you never know.
    awww yeaaa 9 month knee injuries are fun as hell!