View Poll Results: Bulk or Cut

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bulk

1 10.00%
  • Cut

9 90.00%
    kfaeghi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kfaeghi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kfaeghi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kfaeghi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kfaeghi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kfaeghi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kfaeghi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kfaeghi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kfaeghi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kfaeghi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kfaeghi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bulk or keep cutting

I lost over 130 pounds in the past 2 years.

I will attach current pics and before so I have lost skin but I don't know if should keep cutting or start a clean bulk till next spring then cut again cause I'm going under surgery next summer.

220 pounds
    6 foot 1
    around 19 percent body fat with scales
    and 18 percent with navy measurement method.

Honest opinion on whether I should bulk or cut. My end results body wise is fitness model type like Lazar Angelov etc but smaller I know they are all some anabolics.

I'm doing DEXA scan next week so I will update my body fat percentage.
    First two pictures are flexed, 3rd is my before and last one is 5 pounds heavier of me but netural.

Last picture you guys think is mostly fat or lose skin because feel like im underestimating amount fat im carrying.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by kfaeghi; 07-17-2018 at 05:01 PM.

dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    keep cutting

kfaeghi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kfaeghi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kfaeghi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kfaeghi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kfaeghi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kfaeghi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kfaeghi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kfaeghi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kfaeghi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kfaeghi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kfaeghi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dipatel13 View Post
    keep cutting
    Wanted to know the reasoning why keep cutting if i dont have any muscle to cut too.

Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What kind if workout pretty gram are you on? I would say if you're still making progress on your lifts and getting stronger then I would keep cutting.

If you're not getting stronger then maybe a good 6 months deficit break would wonders for your sanity and it's also encouraging to see the weight on the bar increasing again.

And man... Give yourself a huge pat on the back for getting your eating under control. Many talk about it for years but aren't able to stick to it for long enough to make progress like this.

bump

Originally Posted by Millz12323 View Post
    What kind if workout pretty gram are you on? I would say if you're still making progress on your lifts and getting stronger then I would keep cutting.

If you're not getting stronger then maybe a good 6 months deficit break would wonders for your sanity and it's also encouraging to see the weight on the bar increasing again.

And man... Give yourself a huge pat on the back for getting your eating under control. Many talk about it for years but aren't able to stick to it for long enough to make progress like this.
    Thank you! But that's the problem I feel weak in the gym bench has not gone up past 200 but for some reason and squatting and deadlift I'm working on my form I have tight calves tendons and hip flexors and trying to open them up

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You've done a great job so far but at 220 and 6'1'' you still carry too much fat. I'm assuming here your eventual goal is to be lean enough to have some muscle definition.

You probably also need to gain some muscle mass. If you've been cutting a long time, I recommend doing the mass gain phase for a few months - you don't have to gain more fat, just keep your calorie intake at maintenance - or maybe even slightly below if you can still progress with your lifts that way.

bump

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    220# and 6'1" is still pretty fat.

It may be hard to tell but you really aren't at the "loose skin" stage so much as at the "saggy fat" stage.

You likely won't be "lean" (albeit with loose skin) until you get to be under 180#.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Still carrying a ton of fat, keep cutting... Probably another 40+ lbs.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.