Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Very sore neck from shrugs

Man, I did shrugs last monday -

3 x 10 regular shrugs

3 x 10 shrugs face down on an incline bench

And I totally did a number on my neck. I think a lot of it may have been to the fact that during the incline shrugs my neck was tweaked in an odd position due to my laziness in not wanting to move the barbell.

My range of motion is limited to my left and up and to lift my head and look straight up is painful. I've been trying to work thru it and finally decided to give the whole body a weekend rest and hope I feel better come monday. I've been icing/stretching/icyhot dilligently. I also met up with a freind doctor of mine on Thursday and he snapped it back into place real quick but the tension and pain seemed to return shortly after.

A few questions:

1. Any ideas on how long it'll take to recover and when to know when to start working it again?
    2. Anything I can do to speed up the recovery process?
    3. What exactly did I do and how to prevent it in the future?
    Food is fuel.

cr4zyguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try giving it about 5 days to a week? If it's still painful then, you definitely should go see a doctor! For now, before knowing what's really the problem, I'd say not to strain it too much.
    Search for supplement reviews here --> http://supplements.anabolicinstinct.com

Victim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You may find that a muscle is still cramping and they can stay cramped for many days, i get upper back cramps for up to 5 days. the only thing that has ever had any relief for myself is loading up on the magnesium supplements. Massage,chiropracting done it all and the only thing that ever helped was the magnesium
    Want to get noticed by more people.Fartings not the answer.

Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stecman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bumpage.

It's been a week and im still in pain - Haven't lifted in 5 days - I can't look straight up and to check my blind spot I have to turn my whole body.

Fed up with it and going to see a chiropractor tomorrow.

Will also look into those magnesium sups. (reps)
    Food is fuel.

Victim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just remember that a Chiropractor will look at you as if you are a skeleton and nothing more. I would start first with an Austiopath and see if they believe it is muscular or skeletal.I spent about a grand doing the Chiro thing before finding out my problem was muscular and your symptoms sound very much like my own, I know the pain.The austio speed up my last recovery but told me that nothing would help untill the muscle released by itself. the magnesium is always used periodicaly just to make sure it doesnt return.
    Want to get noticed by more people.Fartings not the answer.

honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How is your form with shrugs? If I bent my head down where my chin was tucked (making a big double chin), sometimes my neck would be killing me from shrugs.

Victim - yeah, it sucks pretty hard -- actually though I'm feeling a bit better as I type this. Wondering if I should keep my chiro appointment tomorrow or what -- I guess I'll see how I feel tomorrow. I would think that a chiropractor would have more learnings than just dealing with the skeleton alone and would be able to figure out how much is muscle related but I wouldn't be surprised if you were right.

Honez - My form is USUALLY good but this particular time I was lazy. It was also my shoulder day so I think my pain might be related to pushing on overhead press a bit much as well.

I'll keep you posted on what I choose to do tomorrow and how it works out.
    Food is fuel.