Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    stigma420247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Creatine + Coffee = good?

last 4 days i have been mixing my creatine with my coffee because the caffeine helps me last through my workout without gettin tired.....is this a bad thing???

ain't nuttin but a peanut AznBB's Avatar
    AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yes this is a bad thing, the two are essentially working against each other. creatine makes you retain water while caffeine, a diuretic, makes your body lose water. I would quit the coffee if i were you.
    Last edited by AznBB; 08-20-2004 at 11:23 PM.

Xtend is the Greatest Scivation's Avatar
    Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by AznBB
    yes this is a bad thing, the two are essentially working against each other. creatine makes you retain water while caffeine, a diuretic, makes your body lose water. I would quit the coffee if i were you.
    Caffeine is a very mild diuretic. In fact, in the first creatine studies it was mixed with tea.

Even though it may not be optimal, it will not make a huge difference.
    www.scivation.com

Follow Us On
    ********: http://www.********.com/scivation
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/scivation

meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Actually, caffeine helps creatine uptake in small quantities. A cup of coffee is just about the perfect amount of caffeine actually.
    Bulking.

Check out my Cre Ethyl Thunder Log:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=387162

IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50) IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50) IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50) IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50) IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50) IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50) IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50) IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50) IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50) IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50) IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    But wouldnt the hot coffee burn the creatine molecules to ****?
    speaking of coffee i need one, my head is ****ing punding

meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000) meathead198 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by IKilledBritney
    But wouldnt the hot coffee burn the creatine molecules to ****?
    speaking of coffee i need one, my head is ****ing punding
    Burn the creatine?? No it wouldn't. creatine is actually quite stable.
    Bulking.

IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50) IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50) IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50) IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50) IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50) IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50) IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50) IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50) IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50) IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50) IKilledBritney will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by meathead198
    Burn the creatine?? No it wouldn't. creatine is actually quite stable.
    actually meant like breaking it down and lessening the effects.
    head isnt in order today, think i drunk too much last night, and i dont mean creatine and coffee:-)

stigma420247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i drink my coffee cold anyways...so im gettin mixed responses....which is true???? the reason i do this is because i work VERY early in the mornin(4am).... so when i get off work (1pm) im very tired and NEED a cup of coffee to give me that extra boost so i can work out... more input please....

Papis_18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i read that it is better to add creatine to coffee. because it helps the solubility of the creatine.
    NEVER NEVER NEVER ASK A QUESTION BECAUSE ALL PEOPLE DO IS FLAME OTHERS AND EAT COTTAGE CHEESE, THEN THEY GO TAKE ON PROTEIN AND POUR DEXTROSE DOWN THEIR THROAT. THEN THEY COME BACK ONLINE AND FLAME SOME MORE TO MAKE THEMSELVES LOOK BETTER THAN OTHERS.
    -neverquit2

does creatine increase muscle size without training?-trainer1x

ohashi is not very well liked. (-100) ohashi is not very well liked. (-100) ohashi is not very well liked. (-100) ohashi is not very well liked. (-100) ohashi is not very well liked. (-100) ohashi is not very well liked. (-100) ohashi is not very well liked. (-100) ohashi is not very well liked. (-100) ohashi is not very well liked. (-100) ohashi is not very well liked. (-100) ohashi is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally posted by Papis_18
    i read that it is better to add creatine to coffee. because it helps the solubility of the creatine.
    And you read that where?

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    He read it on the INTERNET...
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

OuTOnBaiL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lots of recent tests show that taking creatine with caffeine is a good way to stimulate higher absorption..caffeine can spike ur insulin and push more creatine into ur muscles..

and if u really need coffee just to have enuff energy to workout, u should really consider changing ur lifestyle or changing the time u workout...running on coffee during a workout is dangerous to ur body, it can cause u to run on a sugar high and crash during ur workout..however if ur are able to workout successfully without caffeine, feel free to take it to add a bit more energy into sets.

agrippa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This has been hashed out before -

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=297322

Summary - some scientific studies suggest that caffeine may inhibit creatine. Some don't.
    I train because it's fun.

ohashi is not very well liked. (-100) ohashi is not very well liked. (-100) ohashi is not very well liked. (-100) ohashi is not very well liked. (-100) ohashi is not very well liked. (-100) ohashi is not very well liked. (-100) ohashi is not very well liked. (-100) ohashi is not very well liked. (-100) ohashi is not very well liked. (-100) ohashi is not very well liked. (-100) ohashi is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally posted by Melkor
    He read it on the INTERNET...
    Oh snap, then it's true. I'm gonna go make a bit pot of coffee and dump all my creatine in there for storage. Then I'll be hoooooooooooooooooooooooge...

trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10) trem0lo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't think it'll make that much of a difference. I drink caffeine all the time (addicted ) and have great results from using creatine.

taken from a BB.com article:

If you've taken creatine, you are probably well aware of the fact that trying to dissolve creatine in regular fluid is useless. You'd be more likely to fit an elephant through a key hole. It's just not going to happen. As a result of this poor solubility, when the creatine gets to your gastrointestinal tract, the body tries to solubilize it. Why? Because nutrients cannot be absorbed if not solubilized or dissolved in a solution.

They will just sit around in the pit of your stomach in powder form and eventually pass right out of you. So what the body does to remedy this is to suck fluids out of the cells of the digestive organs in order to provide enough fluid to dissolve the creatine. But what then happens is that all this fluid that's sucked into the GI tract needs to quickly be eliminated and this leads to diarrhea. So in solubilizing your creatine, the GI causes some nasty bathroom situations. Not to mention the fact that a lot of the creatine is lost during such porcelain episodes.

So what are some solutions? The first is to dissolve your creatine in a warm beverage. By doing so, due to the laws of thermodynamics, the creatine is solubilized. And when consumed, it can be absorbed much more effectively without all the GI distress. This is where the creatine coffee debate started as most guys just dumped the creatine into the coffee for convenience sake. Warm coffee, tea, or even just warm water will do just fine.
    NEVER NEVER NEVER ASK A QUESTION BECAUSE ALL PEOPLE DO IS FLAME OTHERS AND EAT COTTAGE CHEESE, THEN THEY GO TAKE ON PROTEIN AND POUR DEXTROSE DOWN THEIR THROAT. THEN THEY COME BACK ONLINE AND FLAME SOME MORE TO MAKE THEMSELVES LOOK BETTER THAN OTHERS.
    -neverquit2

INsaNE_BB will become famous soon enough. (+50) INsaNE_BB will become famous soon enough. (+50) INsaNE_BB will become famous soon enough. (+50) INsaNE_BB will become famous soon enough. (+50) INsaNE_BB will become famous soon enough. (+50) INsaNE_BB will become famous soon enough. (+50) INsaNE_BB will become famous soon enough. (+50) INsaNE_BB will become famous soon enough. (+50) INsaNE_BB will become famous soon enough. (+50) INsaNE_BB will become famous soon enough. (+50) INsaNE_BB will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i drink a cup of green tea about 25 minutes or so before i lift for extra energy. than post workout i take my creatine. my gains have been great.

Originally posted by Papis_18
    taken from a BB.com article:

If you've taken creatine, you are probably well aware of the fact that trying to dissolve creatine in regular fluid is useless. You'd be more likely to fit an elephant through a key hole. It's just not going to happen. As a result of this poor solubility, when the creatine gets to your gastrointestinal tract, the body tries to solubilize it. Why? Because nutrients cannot be absorbed if not solubilized or dissolved in a solution.

They will just sit around in the pit of your stomach in powder form and eventually pass right out of you. So what the body does to remedy this is to suck fluids out of the cells of the digestive organs in order to provide enough fluid to dissolve the creatine. But what then happens is that all this fluid that's sucked into the GI tract needs to quickly be eliminated and this leads to diarrhea. So in solubilizing your creatine, the GI causes some nasty bathroom situations. Not to mention the fact that a lot of the creatine is lost during such porcelain episodes.

So what are some solutions? The first is to dissolve your creatine in a warm beverage. By doing so, due to the laws of thermodynamics, the creatine is solubilized. And when consumed, it can be absorbed much more effectively without all the GI distress. This is where the creatine coffee debate started as most guys just dumped the creatine into the coffee for convenience sake. Warm coffee, tea, or even just warm water will do just fine.
    That is the most retarded thing I have ever heard.
    Bulking.

i never said it was okay to do so. i said i read about it. and i was posting the article that i read.
    -neverquit2

ybbob4269 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I searched this question in google, this thread was at the top of the list. So I'm bringing this forum back to life to post additional information that I had found from an article on bodybuilding.com relating to the topic at hand.

here is the link: bodybuilding.com/fun/berardi5.htm

hope this helps anyone looking for an answer.

~Bobby

idyll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) idyll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) idyll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) idyll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) idyll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) idyll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) idyll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) idyll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) idyll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) idyll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) idyll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    buuump

I haven't had caffeine for over a month since I've started taking creatine and I'm dying to have some coffee right now

jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by AznBB View Post
    dude,just dont give advice if u have no idea what your talking about,at all!... Creatine makes u retain water,lol,really??? Maybe you should do some more reading

Steve37732 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Order Creatine - mhlnk.com/000A54E0
    the order arrived last week no problems, the effect well

zeef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow 04. i was thinking about trying this for my morning workout. any new info on the subject?

poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's fine.
    ~ Roast Master, Resident Coffee Warlock~
    www.westcoastroasting.com
    -- Use 'MISC' for a discount! --

Disclaimer: sit there and let it bleed.

atalob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

caffeine + creatine

to be honest, I was wondering about coffee mixed with creatine, since i still have leftover in a tub that I feel like i should use up...and also i'm too poor to buy pre-workout.

I think the focus here is too much about coffee, in particular, and creatine. when you think about it, those who use pre-workout like C4, jack3d, etc. make some pretty good gains in combination with their lifestyles. and when you take the same pre-workout you dont really think about creatine and caffeine mixed together already.

i've read the articles, done some quick research on it. I don't think coffee/caffeine alongside your creatine is gonna negatively effect you. that is, unless you're drinking so much caffeine to the point where you're dehydrated.

Dellboy74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by meathead198 View Post
    That is the most retarded thing I have ever heard.
    The higher the temperature of a liquid the more of a dissolved substance it can hold, it also increases the solubility so its actually not the most retarded thing you have ever heard and has some scientific backing to it.

poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Astute observation, timely bump.
    ~ Roast Master, Resident Coffee Warlock~
    www.westcoastroasting.com
    -- Use 'MISC' for a discount! --

Disclaimer: sit there and let it bleed.

bigange2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So it's ok or what

Rod4one9er has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jay8899 View Post
    dude,just dont give advice if u have no idea what your talking about,at all!... Creatine makes u retain water,lol,really??? Maybe you should do some more reading
    According to an article at Livestrong, and I can't post the link since this is actually my first post:

Interaction
    The most significant interaction between creatine and caffeine is the way they influence the hydration or water level of your body. Stimulation of your nervous system means that all parts of your body are stimulated, including your urinary system. Caffeine causes you to urinate more often and expel a greater volume of urine. Creatine supplementation causes your body to retain more water than it naturally would. Extra creatine in the muscles must be accompanied by a greater intake of water, because each molecule of creatine must be bound to water in the muscle. This poses a big problem as caffeine tries to flush water while creatine tries to store it.