MassiveRealtor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Shrugs + Shoulder Press = Unmanageable Neck Pain

After what seemed like a great shoulder and trap workout, I had some mild pain throughout the day. I woke up with the same pain, but did arms today. Half way through, the pain was unbearable and I was almost unable to drive home. I have since been laid up at home all day with Robaxacet being my only friend.

The pain is sharp and focused on the left upper of my back and neck. I have used the Dr. Ho most of the day for temp. relief, but this hurts like a bugger. Anyone have some advice? Is it just a rest situation.

Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why don't you schedule an appointment with a chiropractor ?

The last chiropractor I went to injured my neck by pressing it straight down. I have no love for the practors of chiro

browncmp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browncmp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browncmp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browncmp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lots of ice, lots and lots... No heat at all. If it doesnt clear up in about 72 hours, youd better go to a Chiro... a different one. Not all of them are bad. They have a small tool for the neck, and it doesnt involve cracking or twisting. Most likely your neck is out, and part of your upper back is and the two together are causing serious issues. Can you rotate your head? Does it hurt to look left right up down? Does it hurt to tilt your ear towards your shoulder? Or to do a shrug? If you say yes to any of these, go see a chiro, and have them adjust your neck by not twisting or cracking. Its a safe procedure and will provide quick relief.

Thanks Brown,

I have not iced at all. I am doing that now. It hurts to turn left, lean left, look up and down. I will try to find a referral for someone here in town...

browncmp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browncmp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browncmp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browncmp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    See most likely you have caused some damage, and your body is now trying to fix it. Its nothing major, I have it all the time actually, mostly from doing shrugs. Ice, many times a day for 15 minutes or so a time, and when you sleep, do it on your back with a good pillow. DO NOT sleep on your stomach for any reason. If you dont go to a docter, the muscle will relax in a few days, but youll want to lay off the shoulder work for a week or so.
    In all my visits to chiros, the good ones dont want to twist your body like a pretzel, they try all other means first. Necks are very touchy and constantly snapping them into place isnt healthy. Good luck with your neck...